Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Lookin' good dude. So much good work eh. :)

deg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    backstep's ver was great yours takes it to the next level great work hope to see more soon
  • scbypwrscbypwr0 Posts: 0Member
    Gorgeous...did you provide enough space for ammo storage on the big guns?

I really like the Guardian and Sentinel classes. Are they the same as in the prometheus story?

Any plans on doing the Battlestar prometheus from that story along with some of the Alliance ships?
  • backsteptbackstept2303 Posts: 958Member
    that was the sound of my head exploding . . .

I love it I love it! :D :thumb:
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    The Cygnus looks very good to me, I hope you won't get rif of the Shuttlebay, since I think that even if this ship may be a smaller counterpart of Battlestars it still may be able to make missions on it's own.
    When I see this ship I always tend to think that it may be like a Colonial counterpart of the Defiant Class from DS9 :) . Keep it up!
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks deg3D, aylaa12, scbypwr, backstept & Chiletrek.

Just a small update for now:D

I have had to make the hanger bay smaller to give more room inside the ship for everything else:D In this render you'll see there is room in the hanger for 6 Raptors there is also an air lock and two storage bays, I have also added in some blast doors at each end of the landing bay so in an emergency you can land 4 or 5 shuttles and close the landing bay off to give you a larger hanger.
    th_inside3.jpg
    this is the only inside bit of this ship I'll be making but I will be making it look better now I have got the setup right:D

@ scbypwr :- The Guardian and Sentinel classes where based off the original series. as for making some of the ships from the prometheus story well you never know I might just have to make some of them:D

@ Chiletrek :- This ship was always intended to carry a few Raptors but not shuttles there is just no room on the inside of the ship for that. As for this being the Colonial counterpart of the Defiant Class from DS9 I think this would fit the role better
    th_ColonialGunshipnew161.jpg

Comments are welcome:thumb:
    I agree and there's big room for mayor development on the cygnus design the work done by backstep and now the new ver made by you makes this ship a classic to remember a masterpiece
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    @ scbypwr :- The Guardian and Sentinel classes where based off the original series. as for making some of the ships from the prometheus story well you never know I might just have to make some of them:D
    Comments are welcome:thumb:

I really hope you do since your Guardian and Sentinel classes are already represented in the stories and your models really help me to visualize some of the situations presented.

It would be really nice if they made a BSG show that was more focused on action sequences and less on backstory. IMHO...the fourth season is becoming tiring since each episode does not really seem to complete and kind of story arcs. I should've waited for the fourth season on DVD since I am beginning to lose my hair in aticipation.

I guess some would call that good writing...:lol:

I await more of your excellent work.
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    After looking at the inside work Rob, it just shows us all how much room there is left to play with, I mean the Hanger Bay takes up alot of room and then the Gun Turrent Holder's too..The Crew can't be more than 350-400 maybe, In order for the ship to run of course.
    Looked also at your Gunship, Very Cool :thumb:, like to see more of the little ship and maybe if any, little sister classes ?..
    Thanks for the comments guys:thumb:

This is the last update for the inside ( for the time being :D )

I have added some over head storage and placed two of my vipers to give you an idea how big / small the in side of this ship is:D
    th_inside4.jpg

just got the last few bits on the out side of the ship to finish off then I'll post some Otho shots of her:D

@ kenny :- yep the crew of this ship would be around 350 not much room for any more then that:D

@ scbypwr :- I haven't seen any of the fourth season as I don't have sky:( so I'll just have to wait for the dvd's to come out:D
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    This is some super stuff I-D...

Any ideas how your going redevelop the Gunstar?
  • The Oroel OfsThe Oroel Ofs0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, love that extra from the inside.
    Excuse me for asking, but is it possible to get some ortho's from it?
    Hi guys I have now finished modeling the Cygnus MKII:D

Here is a otho pic for you.
    th_CygnusMKII1.jpg

@ Elffin :- I have now had an idea how to rework the gunstar so you'll have to keep an eye open for updates on that coming soon:D
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice goin' dude, congrats on the finish too. :)

deg
    Can you shrink that ortho down to something more manageable on a 1280 X 1024 screen. Thanks...beautiful ship and design.

Love the bow cannons...
    I'd love to see this ship in person Rob :thumb:, your work is 100% Brilliant :thumb:...Hopefully this won't be the last to come from your workshop mind :D.
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice I-D, you skill have really improved Mate
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    well done!
  • williethefoolwilliethefool331 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work! :thumb:
    Thanks deg3D, scbypwr, kenny, Freak, Darkone & williethefool.

@ scbypwr :- here is a smaller pic for you:D
    th_CygnusMKII2.jpg

@ kenny :- you don't need to worry about that as I'm now starting to rebuild my Gunstar model:D
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    she turned out beautifull. if you ever release it put me down for one.
    Me Too :D
  • backsteptbackstept2303 Posts: 958Member
    I call dibs on the first one! :lol:

haha:D
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    @ scbypwr :- here is a smaller pic for you:D

My job thanks you...now they get the pleasure of enjoying all of my geekdom by displaying your beautiful work. Thanks again...now if we could get these worked into the show or a cooler spinoff that is mostly action oriented...:thumb:
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    she turned out beautifull. if you ever release it put me down for one.

Me too, me too! :D
    Does she have point defense batteries similar to Galactica? Am I answering my own question with asking what the ten smaller dual turrets are in the middle of the ship?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    backstept wrote: »
    I call dibs on the first one! :lol:

haha:D

since this is based off your original one, I'll allow it:lol:
    outstanding work on the cygnus mk2 hope to see your gunstar redo soon you're a great modeler
    Hi guys thanks for all the comments about this ship :thumb: I'm not ready to release this just yet but I'll let you all know when I am:D
    scbypwr wrote: »
    Does she have point defense batteries similar to Galactica? Am I answering my own question with asking what the ten smaller dual turrets are in the middle of the ship?
    No this ship doesnt have point defense batteries like Galactica. the main guns on the ship are the same as the battlestar Pegasus which can be fired as salvo or flak. as for the 10 smaller guns they came off the battlestar Valkyrie and would be able to do the same thing only smaller:D

@ aylaa12 :- I'll be starting work on the re-build of my gunstar very soon:D
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    awesome!