Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Here are the rest of the VF-4s I initially did, as well as the background info.

Beige nose and white stripe Max and Milia, as well as Hikaru created as a PR item for 10th anniversary of the end of SW1 in 2020. The decal on their tails reads "Victory 2010". They are repainted from YF-4 L/N 003 (Hikaru, which is unarmed and becomes a museum piece after the celebrations), VF-4A L/N 014 (Max) and VF-4A L/N 032 (Milia), which are both combat-capable and are flown by their respective pilots.

White nose and white stripe Max and Milia are from 2031. 014 was crashed by Max in 2026 and was replaced by upgraded VF-4G L/N 1675, featuring improved engines and FAST pack capability. Both it and the upgraded VF-4A(R) L/N 032 received a new white radome and where used to help promote the new movie released that year, "Do You Remember Love?".

vf4basemaxwhitestripewhjy8.th.pngvf4basemiliawhitestripevj3.th.png

White nose and black stripes are from sometime between 2031 and 2045. The UN Spacy sells the fighters as surplus to the Jeniuses, along with their SW1-veteran VF-1Js. They are then repainted with black stripes, but maintain their UNS markings. Milia takes her VF-1J with her on the Macross 7 mission, but the other three planes are left behind and donated to the Museum of Flight on Eden.

vf4basemaxblackstripewhwu7.th.pngvf4basemiliablackstripeja1.th.png
  • coolusernamecoolusername0 Posts: 0Member
    nicely done..although i am not the greatest fan of the Jeniuses/canon schemes. Would love too see one in Low-vis colors :P
    Hahaha, thanks. You'll like what I've got coming next then. ;)

Oh, hit me up with a pm if you want a copy of the VF-4 templates, Coolusername. I know there's probably some schemes you'd like to do.
    How's this one then, coolusername? UNS (later I'll mod it to UNAF) Compass Ghost grey scheme VF-4.

vf4compassghostev0.th.png
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Lookin' good! I like that last one. The only thing bugging me right now is the wing looks a bit flat. Maybe experiment with putting a large area highlight over it to brighten it somewhat, so it looks like it's getting direct sunlight?
    I was thinking about that this morning, actually BJ. I think I'm going to do just that, it really needs that added. Thanks!
    I added a highlight to the wing that I think I'm going to redo, but it's a start. I'm also going to try shading the wingtip, since it's out of the light and in shadow, it should be a bit darker. I'm posting both the highlight-added Compass Ghost as well as a "Mod Lightning" scheme.

vf4compassghostzj1.th.pngvf4modlightninghs5.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Will you be doing the robot versions of the Macross ships too?
    I'm not planning on doing the battroid and GERWALK modes at this time. I'm more of a plane geek, so my primary interest is in the fighter modes. Who knows, I might eventually.
    Talos wrote: »
    How's this one then, coolusername? UNS (later I'll mod it to UNAF) Compass Ghost grey scheme VF-4.

I think it looks just right in the compass ghost :cool: Nice job. I would love to have a copy of the templates for the VF-4 and F-31 Sparrowhawk..preferably with separate layers for the lineart.
    Thanks, coolusername. I'm still fiddling with the F-31A's template, but I started working on the F-27C Warhawk II's on my laptop (I'm out of town this weekend for a funeral). Here's a quick preview of what I've done so far.

f27cbaseki6.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    looking sharp Talos
    Thanks guys.

Here's a side project currently half-done in the paintshop, VF-4 in Southeast Asia colors. Should be finished soon.

vf4seasj8.th.png
    Pretty much finished the SEA VF-4. I might go back and add some text and tweak some markings, but it's overall 99%.

Enjoy!
    vf4seaxe2.th.png
    Tweaked some stuff in it, changed UN Spacy to UN Air Force for example. Calling it pretty much done for now.

vf4seadk4.th.png
    Not finished with them yet, but after seeing all those dirigible aircraft carriers, I couldn't resist drawing a fighter for a modern one. The F-31AZ (Z=lighter-then-air craft) removes the tail, adds a hook assembly, replaces the USAF boom refueling with a NATO and USN-style probe, and removes the gunpod to reduce weight.

f31azsparrowhawkth9.th.jpg

Also, here's a very quick preview of what's coming next, SVF-111 Sundowners. All I've done is the tail so far, the rest of it is still my stock template.

sundownersxd6.th.png
    Pretty much finished the Sundowners VF-4. I messed up the file when I did it, so if I do any future changes to the this squadron one, I'll have to likely redo it from scratch.

sundownersym8.th.png
    I'm also working on painting the F-31A. It's coming along pretty smoothly, uncomplicated shape and all.

f31usaf1ga1.th.png
    And updated F-31A. I started adding markings as well, it's getting close to being done. It's being marked, first, as a plane of the 24d Fighter Squadron, 52d Fighter Wing, based at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany.

f31usaf1em3.th.png
    Taking a brief break from painting, I went back and pretty much finished the F-29A and C base models. The wing is temporary until I can find better lineart of its configuration.

f29aus8.th.jpgf29cun6.th.jpg
    Nice progress Talos..sparrowhawk paintscheme reminds me of the opening scene in Jane's ATF ;)

And thanks for leaving the tip launch rails empy. That way i could mount AAM-3, Derby or even R-73 heaters on them...
    That was exactly my inspiration, coolusername. It was my first flight sim, Jane's ATF Gold. I'll do versions with armament later, but I'll get you a copy of the template with empty ones when I do it. With a little more work the Sparrowhawk should be ready for you.

How's it coming with the VF-4s? I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Preview of my next VF-4 Lightning III paint, the classic DYRL? Skull Squadron colors.

vf4skullroyyj9.th.png
    I looked at my F-14NG coloring I was doing and decided it needed a big update from the skills I've learned recently. Anyway, I took the VF-2 markings off for now and got back to work on the base paint and shading/highlighting.

f14fbaseqf5.th.png
    A little preview of something coming in the future, JASDF blue-on-blue camo F-14FJ. (In other words, I just couldn't hold back any more and had to see how it looked, even though the plane isn't finished yet. XD)

EDIT: Replaced picture with updated one showing newly drawn bilingual rescue arrow.
    f14fjasdfblueer2.th.png
    Just a quick update on the JASDF F-14FJ to show the current state of it, including some of the new markings I'm making, thanks to tan.j's awesome translation work. Thanks dude!

f14fjasdfbluedp9.th.pngf14fjasdfbluezn8.th.png
    Updated the JMSDF F-14FJ blue scheme again. The markings are basically all complete, all that is left to do is finish the shading and highlighting and the profile will be done. Also including a detail close-up shot of the nose to better show the markings.

If anyone has a vector graphic or clip art (not a patch picture) of the Tomcat "Anytime Baby" logo, please send me a copy. I want to mod it into new ones for the F-14NG and different countries. Also, any high-res graphics of any Navy squadron crests would be useful.

f14fjasdfblueai6.th.pngf14fjasdfblue2lg8.th.png
    Got some more work done on the F-31 and F-27C.

f31usaf1gy1.th.pngf27cbaseey4.th.png