Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    No kidding. :lol:
  • coolusernamecoolusername0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice!..Would love to see it all dressed up, plastered with decals and weather effects. Some should really make a kitbash of it.
    Thanks, coolusername. Yeah, you and me both, I'd love to see either a kitbash or 3d model made of this. Naturally I'd be more then happy to work with the modeler and hammer out the details not visible in the views I've done already but are up here. *taps forehead*
    I started working on something I've been planing for awhile. It's a sea/ground scanning radar intended to be produced for the JASDF to equip the EF-14G to conduct patrols over their waters. It operates in conjunction with forthcoming wing-mounted AWACS pods developed with the USN to replace the E-2 Hawkeye.

ef14gyukikazewipad1.th.jpg
    Minor update on the VF-1A.

vf1aos2.th.jpg
    Nice work. I love Hasegawa's interpretation of the classic VF-1 with all those extra panel lines and real life stencils/markings/data which makes it more believeable as a real aircraft.

I think i might do a SNue version of the VF-1 sometime in the future.
    Thanks coolusername. I like their interpretation of it too. I plan on doing an early block version of the VF-1 that will have the original anime lower canopy and straight back engines instead of the angled engines and raised canopy the Hasegawa has.
    A few more updates in the VF-1A. All that's really left for the basic plane is the thrusters, wings, and some more small details.

vf1apf6.th.jpg
    I finally got around to updating the F-27A/C Warhawk II. I was not pleased with the wing glove and engine intakes, so I've been working on a better, non-compromise, solution. One of the biggest improvements beyond aesthetics, is that it can once again carry four AIM-120 missiles along the belly.

EDIT: Tweaked intake size/shape
    f27acside1vk6.th.jpg
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    It been awhile since I checked your thread out. But your updates of the Tomcat II are coming along very well. An your updates of the Warhawk II look awesome. I really like the C-variant of the Warhawk II it looks a hell lot better then the B-variant. Keep up the good work!!! :D
    Looking good..you work fast. I like the attention to detail such as the actuators on the Slammers and all. Any plans to explore craft like the ADH-02 Hellhound gunship and TASC-SCF-02 Logan ?
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you're liking them.

cool, if you liked those AIM-120s, you'll love the AIM-9Xs I've finally drawn up and added.

I also deleted the dorsal speedbrake on the spine of the F-27C (the A retains it), so the rudders are now used instead. This frees up more room for fuel in the spine, reducing the need for external tanks. I have some interesting FAST pack LO weapon systems I'm working on, hopefully should get some done tomorrow.

f27ca2a1ik7.th.jpg
    Nice work as per usual...

BTW i noticed the number 27 gets used alot when it comes to aircraft designation..F-27(Fokker turboprop), Su-27, XFA-27 from Ace Combat, F/A-27C(Yukikaze)..could just be a lucky number. Just making a observation..i am stoned.
    Thanks coolusername. I was thinking about that earlier when discussing aircraft designations with a friend. My theory on the amount of -27s out there is that it is aesthetically pleasing, lol. F-27, B-27, F/A-27, MiG-27, Su-27, etc. They all look good. :lol:
    You might be interested in this brute.. the Hellhound anti mecha(labor) helicopter

Click Here
    Thanks coolusername. I'm not sure if I'll ever do it, but it is an interesting design.

Anyway, after several long weeks of constant schoolwork, here's something new. It's an Irish Air Corps F-14E(EI). The IAC doesn't have any fighter aircraft in real life, so the idea is that there was a push for a united European military in the late 1990s and Euroforce was heavily expanded. They bought four aircraft carriers that were paid for by all the member countries. Several of the smaller (military-wise) countries paid for one or two squadrons of aircraft for their flightdecks instead of operating and paying for their own. The IAC paid for and operated a single squadron of F-14NGs off the carrier EUS(formerly HMS) Duke of Wellington alongside a squadron of FAA F-14Fs and several squadrons of F/A-18Cs. This is the commander's aircraft, the rest of the squadron lacks the high-vis tail tricolor.

f14eieil5.th.png
    Here's a work-in-progress of the next F-14NG scheme. The Luftwaffe and Marineflieger received approximately 85 mixed models of the F-14NG family to replace their aging Tornado IDS and ECR for most ground attack, anti-shipping, reconnaissance, and electronic-warfare missions. The particular plane being painted below is the squadron commander's plane of 1./JG 71 "Richtofen" and is painted in the famous "black tulip" colors of one of JG 71's most famous commanders, the highest-scoring fighter ace of all time, Erich Hartmann. It still needs more painting, clean up, and markings, but it's getting there.

f14fghartmann1mm9.th.png
    And here's the black tulip F-14NG pretty much done.

f14fghartmann1yg2.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work
    Thanks XRaider.

I have some weapons-integration goodies today. The first picture shows the (not before seen) XF-14F test carrying the AIM-9X Sidewinder short-range IRM and the AIM-162 Evolved Sparrow Missile (ESM), the air-carried version of the RIM-162 ESSM.

The second is another F-14F carrying the GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb (SDB), a small, long-range, GPS-guided bomb that allows one plane to take out multiple precision targets in a short amount of time. It can carry 8-12 or so of them on the Phoenix pallets in addition to more on wing and wing glove pylons (4 per pylon). The MiG-23 ventral fin and canards are something I was fiddling with in the past and decided to use that plane to carry the bombs this time.

xf14ftf9.th.jpg f14fside1fd6.th.jpg
    nice work.
    Here's a big step. I finally have an F-14NG with a full A2A weapons load (not to mention representation of the landing gear placement). :D

It's an early F-14E in USN service and carries two AIM-120C on the fuselage wells, two AIM-9X and two AIM-162A ESM on the wings, as well as a pair of conformal fuel tanks on the fuselage.

f14eside3yo2.th.jpg
    Finishing off a trifecta of F-14NGs loaded with weapons/equipment and showing the landing gear arrangement, here's an F-14F and EF-14G.

The F-14F is a late-model USN example and is configured for precision strike with a pair of fuselage-mounted AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW).

The EF-14G is configured as a buddy tanker, informally dubbed "KF-14G" and mounts a refueling pod on the centerline on a special adapter "wet" pylon between the rear two Phoenix pallets. This pod carries the refueling drogue while the two wing-mounted pods carry additional fuel to offload.

f14fside2lk0.th.jpg

kf14gside1ev8.th.jpg
    Decided that my Warhawk II needed some love while I'm on my Tomcat binge drawing. :D

Anyway, did some work on the F-27C, added landing gear placement and loaded it up with JASSMs, AMRAAMs, and AIM-9Xs, as well as CFTs and a drop tank.

f27cside1ge9.th.jpg
    heh, I'm on an uparmor binge, myself, 'I just cant stop myself' 'whoa no' 'I just cant stop myself'............
    I didn't get as much done today as I'd hoped, but here's a very, very, very early work-in-progress of the top view of the F-27 Warhawk II.

f27topwipht6.th.jpg

Also, I finally started fiddling with the F-34 again and started working on new tails for it.

xf34aside2xr0.th.jpg
    Almost finished working on the VF-1A side view. Still need to put in the wing. It's being a pain, but the gunpod and thrusters are added.

vf1adp2.th.jpg
    I've been working on a new plane over the past week or so, the F-29A Lynx. I added a lot of detailing on it this evening and added the canards. There's some more detailed needed to be added and the wings as well, and the basic plane should be done. Then on to the upgraded versions.

f29amd7.th.jpg
    I've been fiddling with new radomes, noses, and cockpits for the later upgrades to the F-29. I'm still messing with them, just showing some of the possibilities I'm looking at.

f29srx7.th.jpg
    Nice one Talos!

I love the F-29, my favorite mount in the ATF games and Lynx sounds appropriate enough going by Grumman traditions of giving feline names for its products. My choice of 'Retaliator' would sound way too cliché ;)

Some changes i would make is to replace with the F-5A forward section with that of the F-20 (and its shark-nose radome), ditch the F-16 type main undercarriage, redesign the wings for more payload (wingtip rails) and a more powerful engine (F414?).

Speaking of versions, grafting the nose section of the RF-5 onto it would create RF-29 Lynxeye low cost recce version.