Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Talos wrote: »
    I started working on arming an F-14E, this particular one has the enlarged dorsal ECM spine. The armament has not all been added in yet. Also, I corrected a missing ECM antenna that was on the "big spine" F-14NGs in both the family side view and the armed EF-14G.

The last picture is an early shot of a county-specific model, the Japanese EF-14J. It's modified from the 14G by having the cockpit further back in the original F-14F position, as well as focusing on the roles of ECCM, ECM, AWACS, Anti-ship, and functioning as a secondline interceptor after the F-14E/F, F-15J, and F-2A. It lacks most of the advanced A2G equipment and software, focusing more on the A2A since the JASDF isn't supposed to be offensively bombing anyone. It has an IRST mounted on the nose as well.

f14eside2vw1.th.jpgef14gkaiside1ee0.th.jpg
    f14tomcatiifamilyside2fv2.th.jpgef14jside1fq8.th.jpg

Love the Japanese EF-14J, and the updated side view of the Tomcat II family look awesome as well.
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Minor update, the XEF-14G Tomcat II prototype.

xef14gsidexg7.th.jpg

I've been working on a surprise, not ready yet though. It's a multi-layer xcf/tga that will let you build your own F-14NG with the options you want, like the different engine nozzles, spines, tails, etc.
    The Builder is almost done, just need to add a few more parts, write a tutorial, and check everything. Anyway, here is a demo of a plane made from the parts in it. You'll notice some legacy parts brought back just to give more options.

builderdemo2pk8.th.png
    Here is release 1.0 of the F-14NG builder. Readme is in the RAR file.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    uh, how do I open a .xcf file???
    It's for GIMP. I'll do a .PSD conversion for Photoshop too.
    care to photobucket a png of that?
    A png of what?
    that is an image file, right?
    just save as a png, please.
    No, it's a multiple layer image, composed of 50 png files. You select and show different ones to do different configurations. When you have something you like, you save a copy as a png.
    I am using paint.net, perhaps if you could save as a .pdn?

paint.net supports multiple layered files as well, but, you'll need to use paint.net, which is a free open source program in order to save as a .pdn.

it can be downloaded here:
    Paint.NET - Download
    you'll need the latest build of the .net framework, which, if you dont have, the installer will give you the option to go and get.
    There are plugins for Paint.NET available for both the XCF and PSD formats, which are the two I primarily intend to do. I'll upload the PSD tomorrow.
    links to plug ins please, search function is being retarded.
    I don't have the exact links, but I'll keep an eye open. I'm also working on some new parts and other things for the F-14NG (Next Generation, btw). In the meantime, I redid my side views for the VF-0A and VF-0S, including the addition of the gunpods.

vf0agunpodrl9.th.jpgvf0sgunpodcv4.th.jpg
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Uhh there are F-14s and Valkyeries in this thread? I thought it was about BSG stuff...

/scratches head in confusion.
    Sorry, this was originally just my BSG stuff, but I hate cluttering the board with lots of threads so it's become the place for all my different 2d works.
    And here are the VF-0's with FAST packs added in addition to the gunpod.

vf0agunpodfastpackmx6.th.jpgvf0agunpodfastpackmx6.th.jpg
    nice.
  • Ali-SamaAli-Sama0 Posts: 0Member
    Tovette wrote: »
    Uhh there are F-14s and Valkyeries in this thread? I thought it was about BSG stuff...

/scratches head in confusion.
    there is more then that! Btw. only the vf1 is the valkyrie.^_-
    Ali
    Yeah, the VF-1 is the only one properly termed "Valkryie", but it's used as a generic lower-case term like calling a random dirigible a "zepplin".

Anyway, just finished with exams for the semester, which is why I've been quiet. I just started working on updating my F-14NG side view builder. I fixed a problem with the canopies (they were missing the line seperating the two pieces of it), added .PSD format, and adding several new pieces. The picture below shows a preview a new tail and a second EOTS that will be in it, as well as new nose strakes.

builderdemo6xi8.th.png
  • Ali-SamaAli-Sama0 Posts: 0Member
    Talos wrote: »
    Yeah, the VF-1 is the only one properly termed "Valkryie", but it's used as a generic lower-case term like calling a random dirigible a "zepplin".

Anyway, just finished with exams for the semester, which is why I've been quiet. I just started working on updating my F-14NG side view builder. I fixed a problem with the canopies (they were missing the line seperating the two pieces of it), added .PSD format, and adding several new pieces. The picture below shows a preview a new tail and a second EOTS that will be in it, as well as new nose strakes.

nice.!
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to see you back, nice work on the updated Tomcat II.
    Thanks BB, Ali. Work continues on new parts and options for the F-14NG. The first picture shows the new engine nozzle option that will be in the updated builder.

Today I got a chance to clean up the HSRSV a lot, changing up some details, and adding the mirror assemblies. The stripped and non-armored version still lacks an interior and will eventually have seats and a steering wheel. Work continues...

builderdemo7yq4.th.png

hsrsv50caltp2.th.jpghsrsv2nohchar1tc2.th.jpghsrsv2noar1vu8.th.jpg
    Two new Macross projects forthcoming, the VF-11B/C Thunderbolt and the VF-4 Lightning III.

vf11bsidewipri2.th.jpgvf4sidewipmo1.th.jpg
    EDIT: And updated again, adding in the wings and much more detail around the engines.

vf4sidewipve6.th.jpg
    Here's another Thunder and Lightning update. The VF-11B is updated, the VF-4 side view is basically finished. I also added a third picture that I thought was interesting, showing the two fighters in scale with the VF-0 Phoenix, significantly larger then the pair.

vf11bsidewipzr5.th.jpgvf4sidewipfy7.th.jpgvfsizecomparisonrw2.th.jpg
  • Might I suggest talking to ali-sama for his Jolly Roger VF-11 Thunderbolts?
  • very nice line art. I especially like the VF-0S. You should do the VF-0B now. :thumb:
    I love the VF-0B, so it is in the docket. It's currently in WiP, as is the VF-1 family. You can see the VF-0A/S with gunpods and FAST packs a few pages back, along with my F-14NG Tomcat II that incorporates the VF-0 design.

As far as Ali-sama's VF-11, I've seen it, very nice work indeed.
  • Talos wrote: »
    I love the VF-0B, so it is in the docket. It's currently in WiP, as is the VF-1 family. You can see the VF-0A/S with gunpods and FAST packs a few pages back, along with my F-14NG Tomcat II that incorporates the VF-0 design.

As far as Ali-sama's VF-11, I've seen it, very nice work indeed.

What the frak are you talking about ali-sama's VF-11? I know darn well that the VF-11's were done by coolusername over on the Macrossworld Forum, some of them by my request. As for the VF-0B, what's that?:confused: