Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, you're right. I was typing in a hurry. I meant the ones that Ali-sama had brought together on his Photobucket gallery. I'm a member at MW and know about coolusername's colorings there.

The VF-0B is the two seat version of the VF-0. It's not really seen in Macross Zero but Hasegawa released a model of it. It's basically the standard VF-0A/S body and wing coupled with the VF-0D forward fuselage.
    Here's a preliminary version of a two seat trainer VF-4D Lightning. The shape of the canopy is still being worked on, but it's inspired by that of the F-16B/D. It's still fully combat capable.

vf4dsideth6.th.jpg
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see other Macross VF mecha. I'm a big fan of the VF-11 Thunderbolt, it is a big improvement over the VF-1 and the VF-4.
    As for the VF-4 I like how you improved the design of the mecha.
    But unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the VF-4, its not the greatest looking VF mecha .

Nice work on the VF-11 and VF-4 looking forward to seeing more updates on these two projects.

Hope to see you taken on more Macross projects like the
    VF-9 Cutlass
    VF-17 Nightmare
    VF-19 Excalibur
    VF-22 Sturmvogel II
    VF-5000 StarMirage
    VA-3 Invader
    VB-6 Konig Monster
    Thanks BB. There will be more coming soon, no worries there. I hope to have all the main fighters done eventually. Maybe some of the others eventually.

I wasn't a big fan of the VF-4 before, but it's really grown on me. Well, the fighter mode at least. What I'm planning to do for now is add the Ghost boosters for the VF-0, finish the VF-11B and C, as well as the FAST packs for both, the VF-2SS, possibly the VF-9, etc. I also need to finish the VF-1 in there somewhere and do all the different versions of it.
    Talos wrote: »
    Thanks BB. There will be more coming soon, no worries there. I hope to have all the main fighters done eventually. Maybe some of the others eventually.

I wasn't a big fan of the VF-4 before, but it's really grown on me. Well, the fighter mode at least. What I'm planning to do for now is add the Ghost boosters for the VF-0, finish the VF-11B and C, as well as the FAST packs for both, the VF-2SS, possibly the VF-9, etc. I also need to finish the VF-1 in there somewhere and do all the different versions of it.

Cool dude, I'll be keeping and eye on your current and future Macross VF projects. Keep up the good work!!! :thumb:
    The video games Macross: 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Songs spanned the gap between the video Macross: Flashback 2012, and the OVA/Movie Macross II. One of the planes shown in the games was a modified VF-4 Siren (The name Lightning III wasn't applied to the craft until later, Siren was it's original name and the source of Macross II's Metal Siren). This VF was equipped with standard VF-1 FAST packs and a modified GU-12 gunpod (still forthcoming).

I'm putting up two versions of the picture, one small sized to be better shown in imageshack, and the full-sized version.

vf4sirsupri2.th.jpgvf4sirsupaty5.th.jpg
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    its fast packs were defiant
    The ingame sprites clearly showed standard VF-1 Super and Strike (forthcoming) on the VF-4 Siren.

And GU-12 55mm gunpod added (offset from the centerline to clear the forward ventral fin).

vf4sirsupgunpodjd7.th.jpgvf4sirsupgunpodawu7.th.jpg
    The ingame sprites clearly showed standard VF-1 Super and Strike (forthcoming) on the VF-4 Siren.

And GU-12 55mm gunpod added (offset from the centerline to clear the forward ventral fin).

vf4sirsupgunpodjd7.th.jpgvf4sirsupgunpodawu7.th.jpg

Never seen a VF-4 with Fast packs, it looks cool though. Nice work! :thumb:

Whats the difference between the Super and Strike Fast pack systems on the VF-1 and VF-4?
    The FAST pack version is from the old games Macross: 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Songs.

The difference is quite simple, the Strike packs replace one of the missile parts of the FAST packs (the narrower front end) with a double barreled beam cannon.

Thanks BB.
    The FAST pack version is from the old games Macross: 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Songs.

The difference is quite simple, the Strike packs replace one of the missile parts of the FAST packs (the narrower front end) with a double barreled beam cannon.

Thanks BB.

Thanks for explaining the difference, the Strike packs seem more powerful then the Super packs.
    It is powerful, but mostly designed for use against point targets and capital ships. The conventional missile pods allow massed missile barrages against Zentran pods. In DYRL?, Skull squadron operated with mostly Super Valkyries while Fokker and some others flew Strike Valkyries.
  • coolusernamecoolusername0 Posts: 0Member
    I completely missed all the macross goodness found here if not for the VF-4 3D thread. Lots of nice designs i see ;) I like your VF-0ish F-14s.
    Thanks, coolusername. Yeah there's a lot of stuff in this thread. As far as Macross, there's the VF-0A/S also. I also have, as much as I can remember off the top of my head:

US Army ground vehicles
    Battleships
    Star Trek
    F-27 Warhawk II (F-15/VF-11 meld)
    F-34 Dreamstar (F-16/VF-X-10)
    et al.

I'm particularly proud of my F-14NG (Next Generation). It's the most wide-reaching project I've done and probably the design I've put the most thought into. As seen in the builder (which I'm working on updating), there are literally hundreds of possible variants. Hmm, I wonder if anyone would consider doing a 3d model of it here, there's a lot of details that are hard to see in a schematic view. ;)
    And speaking of the Strike Packs, here's the VF-4 Siren equipped with them, in both large and small (more suitable for in-browser viewing) pictures, as well as a cleaner png.

vf4sirstrgunpodhn4.th.jpgvf4sirstrgunpodabd1.th.jpgvf4sirstrgunpodcy0.th.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yeah, you're right. I was typing in a hurry. I meant the ones that Ali-sama had brought together on his Photobucket gallery. I'm a member at MW and know about coolusername's colorings there.

The VF-0B is the two seat version of the VF-0. It's not really seen in Macross Zero but Hasegawa released a model of it. It's basically the standard VF-0A/S body and wing coupled with the VF-0D forward fuselage.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    No problem, Bossman.
    Talos,

Seeing your SDF Tomcats got me to digged out my old F-14 profiles done almost 2 decades ago before i had a decent pc. They are not digital art and the color has somewhat faded and they look ancient now :eek:.

japanesef14dma8.th.jpg
    jrf14dir9.th.jpg
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Talos,

Seeing your SDF Tomcats got me to digged out my old F-14 profiles done almost 2 decades ago before i had a decent pc. They are not digital art and the color has somewhat faded and they look ancient now :eek:.

Boy, I think I just suffered a wave of vicarious nostalgia. I wish I still had my drawings from that long ago...sigh...feeling old...
    Looking good, coolusername! I need to get back to painting the F-14NGs now that I have a better quality drawing. Probably should also work on shading too, I suppose.
    Started working on the VF-1 family again, starting with the VF-1A. I also added it to the size comparison with the others.

vf1ati5.th.jpgvfsizecomparisonkd5.th.jpg
    Started working on the VF-1 family again, starting with the VF-1A. I also added it to the size comparison with the others.

vf1ati5.th.jpgvfsizecomparisonkd5.th.jpg

The VF-0 and VF-1 are coming along really well, looking forward to the updates.
    Thanks BB. There isn't any changes to the VF-0, except scaling it to 1"=1m. More to come for sure, I plan to do a lot of VF-1 variants once I get the base model down.
    Thanks BB. There isn't any changes to the VF-0, except scaling it to 1"=1m. More to come for sure, I plan to do a lot of VF-1 variants once I get the base model down.

Cool Dude, Looking forward to your updates!!! :D
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    as am I.
    Cool stuff Talos, love the size comparison with previous generation VFs

One concern using Hasegawa painting guide drawings comes the problem of the missing wing. With the odd exception of the VF-1 and VF-0D, there is this trend of deleting the wings from the fuselage. Maybe by using the top and front views as a guide one could redraw the wing. Of course this is still better than the Kotobukiya Hell Hound attack helo guides which will probably have no drawings altogether.
    Thanks coolusername. It always seems odd just the massive size difference between the VF-0 and 1.

Yeah, I agree with you about the Hasegawa guides. I plan on going back and putting the wing back in the VF-0A/S since it's there on the Ghost combo one (it has wing-mounted munitions).

I started painting the EF-14G up in standard USN colors. It still needs markings but the basic paint is already applied.

ef14garmedusnuf6.th.png

EDIT: Started decaling.
    ef14garmedusnasn2.th.png
    In the middle of the turmoil that is the beginning of the semester, I started painting a JMSDF F-14EJ. It still needs a lot of the decals, but the basic paint is already there.

jasdff14ebase2aba0.th.png

EDIT: More decals added.
    jasdff14ebase2awt5.th.png
    I finally finished the first JMSDF aggressor camo scheme for the F-14EJ, presented here with several color variations (the Tan/Green was the original).

f14ejagg1mt1.th.png
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Now all we need to do is get you started on shading, and you'll be set! :D