Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    VF-4 Skull Squadron Kakizaki type.

vf4skullkakizakipc5.th.png
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow all of your fighters are really cool :thumb: The Kakizaki and Sundowners are my favourites :D It's funny that at first glance I thought they have different "body" ... the textures are really great and make each of the fighters unique in a specific way. Keep up the great work :)
    Thanks, soma. A lot of hard work has gone into these, but I'm very pleased with how they're turning out.

Speaking of which, I think this is the first VF-0B lineart of this type. I intend to begin working on painting it soon. It took a lot of work to get this plane as well as I have so far. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but it's about, I'd say, 95% acceptable.

vf0boq0.th.jpg
    Another F-14F paint scheme in early development. VF-31 Tomcatters.

f14fvf31tv3.th.png
    Updated the F-14F VF-31 and, since I had the markings done, started working on SVF-31 on the VF-4.

f14fvf31vc0.th.pngvf4svf31bt4.th.png
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    The Lightning looks especially good, how many squadrons will you be doing?
    As many as I can get good markings for. I spent a couple hours last night cleaning up the Felix logo out of a squadron patch. What I'm really hoping to find is a good quality graphic of the Pukin' Dogs VF-143 logo and some other VF-s. The Lightning still needs the black spine and canopy. I think once that's in it'll look a lot better.
    Lightning is basically done.

vf4svf31lw9.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
    Thanks, XRaider.

Very early WiP of the YF-21.

yf21sideuw2.th.jpg
    you need to do the YF-19.
    really.
    I'm already starting on it today. :D
    thank you, very much.
    I did start the YF-19, but haven't gotten enough done to show. I did get a lot done on the YF-21 though.

yf21sideiu5.th.jpg
  • wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
    what happened to the vipers?
    Got lost in the tide of aircraft, variable fighters, ships, et al. :lol:

Besides my Scorpion and Viper Mk. I family/IV/V/VII family, Bj's got the Mk II and VII shading and painting down. I'm concentrating in other areas, like Macross variable fighters.

Who knows, I probably should return to some soon. I'd like to clean up and improve my Viper Mk. I family (including the Mk. IV).
    Well, after a very busy 4th I'm pretty much finished the first F-31A paint.

f31usaf1mb3.th.png
    With the introduction of the German-American F-31A into USAF service as a lightweight super-maneuverable fighter-interceptor, Several squadrons of older F-16As were converted to the new plane. Two of these were the 22d and 23d Fighter Squadrons of the 52d Fighter Wing, located in Spangdahlem Airbase, Germany.

Following the breakup of Yugoslavia, NATO forces deployed as part of first the IFOR (Implementation Force) and then SFOR (Stabilization Force). A restructured and rebuilt Serbian military recommenced operations in late 1998, following deployment of new tank units and 6 used MiG-23s bought from Russia. All six of the fighters scrambled to intercept a NATO bombing raid on their airbase, spearheaded by a squadron of Tornado fighter-bombers from JG 74 "Molders" of the Luftwaffe. A pair of 23d FS F-31As were providing top cover and met the MiGs on their own. Within 8 minutes, five of the MiGs were destroyed for no losses to Coalition forces.
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Talos! my only nitpick is that it looks like the wing might be mounted too low to mount weapons pylons on without clanking on the runway.
    Yeah, it wouldn't be able to carry much. A single AIM-9 or AGM-65, I would think should be able to fit on the pylons though. No TERs or anything. It'd be a light intercepter/fighter with limited ground attack capabilities (at least until systems like APKWS II come along).

Previews! Still needs the rest of its markings and new text, but it's getting there.

f31luftwaffecamo1ep3.th.png
    I put a Sidewinder in scale, bbzw, and with slimline pylons there should be enough room for smaller weapons like that.

f31missilefitqj5.th.jpg
    Very nearly finished the VF-31 F-14F. Just needs a few more markings, some more highlighting and shading, and a bit of cleanup.

f14fvf31lf3.th.png
    Responding to a comment by bbzw, I started working on adding the cockpit detail to the F-14NG. I'm pleased with how it looks, especially the ejection seats. I'll shade and color them soon.

f14fside4ne5.th.jpg
    Cockpit shaded and colored.

f14fvf31gu8.th.png
    Finished the side view of the YF-21 and VF-22.

yf21sidehy5.th.jpgvf22sidejt1.th.jpg

yf21vf22sidecompyz5.th.jpg
    nice work, as always.
    Thanks, XRaider.

Started working on coloring the planes. Not too much done yet.

vf21sidekt8.th.png
    Finally got around to finishing the VF-0D, since I had nearly all the pieces made and just needed to put them together.

vf0dms4.th.jpg
    nice
    Thanks, XRaider.

f31desertaggressorsf3.th.png
    Here's another 64th AS F-31A aggressor.

f31articaggressoryc7.th.png