Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Here's a new one that I've spent the last couple days gnashing my teeth over (especially when I had to redraw the roundel from scratch). >_<

Anyway, VF-4 Lightning flown by SVX-4 Evaluators (and their famous Playboy Bunny tail insignia) at the New Edwards Test Flight Center on Eden. It's painted in the old Ferris disruptive camouflage scheme the Navy tested back in the 1970s and 80s.

vf4ferrissvx41wu1.th.png
    Here are previews of a couple new projects I'm working on.

First is adding landing gear to the F-14NG (as well as the cockpit to the F-14E).
    f14eside4fm4.th.jpg

Second is my TSR-2 project. I've cobbled together details from several different sources to make this profile and I intend to do a lot of what-if designs with it. 1990s Desert Storm, Sea Eagle (Erne), etc.
    tsr2zd2.th.jpg
    Here's the completed base TSR-2 and the first of the modifications, the mild upgrade Eagle GR.1A circa 1990.

tsr2ke4.th.jpgeaglegr1ash7.th.jpg
    Started on a requested scheme for the VF-4, UN Marine SVMF(AW)-224 Bengals. Still very early in the WiP stage.

vf4svmf224jv9.th.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The Bengals started out as an atack squadron VMA(AW)-224.
    Yeah, I know. They're fighter/attack now and there isn't an attack craft in UNMC service at that time, so I transitioned them to a fighter squadron.
    VF-0A/B/D/S Phoenix with QF-2200A attached as a booster and underwing armaments.

vf0ghostszm0.th.pngvf0ahardpointssm4.th.jpg
    Talos wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. They're fighter/attack now and there isn't an attack craft in UNMC service at that time, so I transitioned them to a fighter squadron.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Check out the attached image for an idea.
    That squadron's definitely a possibility!

Had a busy morning at work, so I didn't get much done. I did manage to finish about 60% of the F-14NG nose landing gear though.

f14eside4ls8.th.jpg
  • pointmanpointman0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful art.

I think it would help if you varied the line weights some. Make edge lines thicker than panel lines. It would be easier to "read" the forms. But I really love the work. Especially the Valkyries/Veritechs.

A single Sterling Valkyrie would totally decimate the entire compliment of Vipers. LOL! I would love to see some variants of the newer Macross Frontier fighters.
    Thanks, pointman!

I already have them varied though. MS Pub does limit my choices as far as line thicknesses (and then resolution with thicker ones). I currently have the edges of the plane and structues like wings, FAST packs, ordinance, etc, at .25, panel lines and detail have a lineweight of 0.

I am gathering information and references for the VF-25 and VF-27. When good stuff gets out there you can be sure I'll be drawing a profile of both of them.
    It's been a few days since I posted anything new, so I got impatient and decided to do another WiP. This one is nearly done, just needs some tweaking. It's the SVMF(AW)-224 Bengals VF-4 done on request. Iwoto is the new (as of 2007) name for Iwo Jima, same kanji (硫黄島), but different pronounciation of them. In this case, the ship is named for the island, not the battle.

vf4svmf224mj8.th.png
    Slowly taking shape.

vf21sidenf1.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    interesting
    Finally finished them after they've sat on my workbench for months. VF-1A and VF-1J Valkyries from DYRL.

vf1arr5.th.jpgvf1jib3.th.jpg
    Here's something I've been fiddling with. It's still pretty early on, but it's getting there. It's an attack version of the MV-22B Osprey, incorporating a new inline-tandem cockpit and narrow fuselage.

av22dq8.th.jpg
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Here's something I've been fiddling with. It's still pretty early on, but it's getting there. It's an attack version of the MV-22B Osprey, incorporating a new inline-tandem cockpit and narrow fuselage.

av22dq8.th.jpg

Not a bad start on this Osprey Gunship, I do think the turbo prop nacelles need to be a little bit slimmer. But nice work!!!! :thumb:
    Thanks, bb.

They're the exact same size as on the MV-22B. The only difference is that I moved the intake from a "chin" mounting to one on top, to help shield it from gunfire.
    Thanks, bb.

They're the exact same size as on the MV-22B. The only difference is that I moved the intake from a "chin" mounting to one on top, to help shield it from gunfire.

Cool dude!!!
    Hey, Talos, are you having problems getting on to Macrossworld?
    Yeah, I am.
    Well, I haven't posted an update in a few days due to starting a new semester in school this past week. I did get a little while to draw today and finally finished the front landing gear on my F-14NG, as well as barely starting to main gear.

f14eside4ve1.th.jpg
    Updated! Added the main cannon, one of the rotor blades, and started panel lines.

av22ln7.th.jpg
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Updated! Added the main cannon, one of the rotor blades, and started panel lines.

av22ln7.th.jpg

Nice work. But that cannon should be in a turret :devil:
    Also, will you show the bomb bay hatches?
    check out this link:
    Secret Projects, Unknown V-22 variant
    Thanks Mihoshi. I haven't drawn in the turret line yet, sorry about that. It's intended to be in one, definitely. I'm going to be tweaking the weapons arrangement, probably keep the stub wings just for rocket pods, mess around a bit with the bomb bay (which I haven't put in yet), and place larger anti-tank weapons on the aft landing gear fairings, modifying them to drop down before the rocket ignites. Only way to clear the props.

That thread is actually what inspired me and where I got all the research info from.
    Nice Updates on the AV-22!!!
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Talos. I'm hoping you do a couple different camo schemes for this one.
    Thanks, bbzw. I'm planning on a few. Thinking about Army, Navy, Marines, maybe AF for starters. OD overall, naval gray, perhaps a three-color woodland or desert. Then the fun one, JGSDF's gorgeous helicopter scheme that I've been dying to use on something.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/OH-1_JGSDF_20080518_4.jpg
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Mihoshi. I haven't drawn in the turret line yet, sorry about that. It's intended to be in one, definitely. I'm going to be tweaking the weapons arrangement, probably keep the stub wings just for rocket pods, mess around a bit with the bomb bay (which I haven't put in yet), and place larger anti-tank weapons on the aft landing gear fairings, modifying them to drop down before the rocket ignites. Only way to clear the props.

That thread is actually what inspired me and where I got all the research info from.

LOL, I should have known.
    Anyway, the idea I got from the thread was that the bomb bay would house most of the ordnance, maybe on some kind of dispenser.

But another, more important thing, are you going to also draw it with the rotors tilted, so that we can also see the optical system that is located just aft and above of the cockpit?
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    Thanks, bbzw. I'm planning on a few. Thinking about Army, Navy, Marines, maybe AF for starters. OD overall, naval gray, perhaps a three-color woodland or desert. Then the fun one, JGSDF's gorgeous helicopter scheme that I've been dying to use on something.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/OH-1_JGSDF_20080518_4.jpg

batter get to it its on my to do list