Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBattlestar Galactica Vipers

• TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    LOL, I should have known.
    Anyway, the idea I got from the thread was that the bomb bay would house most of the ordnance, maybe on some kind of dispenser.

But another, more important thing, are you going to also draw it with the rotors tilted, so that we can also see the optical system that is located just aft and above of the cockpit?

There were pylon-mounted A2A missiles and AGM-65 Mavericks, so I'll try to keep as much of those as possible, but a lot will be in the bomb bay. Regarding the tilted rotors, I hadn't planned on it, but I guess I can't not now. :lol:

Bagera, I'll have to finish the drawing to my satisfaction first before I paint it in those colors, plus I still have some other projects I'm working on in the sides, my F-14NGs, painting the YF-21, etc.
    This is the fruit of a boring lecture in class. :lol:

There are a massive amount of shading and highlighting areas on this YF-21, it's a pain, but it's coming along nicely.

vf21sidezh0.th.png

Added the other prop blade to the AV-22, the bomb bay, and some other panel lines.

av22nu0.th.jpg
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    YF-21 is coming along well, An the AV-22 is one mean looking bird!!!
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Talos wrote: »
    This is the fruit of a boring lecture in class. :lol:

There are a massive amount of shading and highlighting areas on this YF-21, it's a pain, but it's coming along nicely.

vf21sidezh0.th.png

Added the other prop blade to the AV-22, the bomb bay, and some other panel lines.

av22nu0.th.jpg
    The YF-21 is nice, looks like a lot of work indeed, but that AV-22 is really starting to look the business! Really like it, especially considering it has some base in reality.
    Thanks, blackbird, Mihoshi.

Since I'm trying to finish up the UNMC VF-4s, here's the nearly-done WiP of SVMF-214 Blacksheep. It just needs some small markings before it's finished, as does the Bengals.

vf4svmf214mk1.th.png
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    can you pleas say out of my head im getting a spiting headache
    I'm finishing up a few other VF-4s I've been working on. Here is another one that's almost complete, VF-1 Skull Squadron VF-4 from Flashback 2012.

vf4fb2012skulliv3.th.png
    Tweaked the FB 2012 Skull Squadron VF-4 and finished the Marine SVMF-214 and SVMF-224 VF-4s.

vf4fb2012skullhz4.th.png
    vf4svmf224ar4.th.pngthpix.gifvf4svmf214ad1.th.pngthpix.gif
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Real Nice talos, I like the tan background over the white, really makes the plane pop!
    Thanks, bbzw. I'm still toying with different backgrounds, the white of the Skull plane made me go ahead and try something now. I'll standardize on something, probably the tan soon since I do agree, it does make the plane stand out.

Oh, if you look closely on the forward fuselage of the Skull VF-4, you can see some early weathering tests. ;)
    While looking over my Macross Flashback 2012 Skull Squadron VF-4, I decided to go back and update the DYRL Skull Squadron ones with much improved markings and roundel. Kakizaki is finished, then I'll update Roy Fokker's and do Ichijyo and Jenius'.

vf4skullkakizakioj1.th.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
    Thanks, XRaider.

Here are the other 3 DYRL Skull Squadron VF-4s.

vf4skullroyff2.th.pngvf4skullsquadronmaxyn1.th.pngvf4skullsquadronhikaruzn1.th.png
  • coolusernamecoolusername0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work..those look really clean. The only thing missing is the cockpit and ejection seat.
    I loooooath you, coolusername...now I have to add the cockpit details, darn it! :lol:

In the meantime, I went back and updated the SVF-31 Tomcatters hi-vis VF-4.

vf4svf31nb4.th.png
    nice.
    SVX-4 Evaluators "Vandy One".

vf4vx4evaluatorsblack1li2.th.png
    cool paint job!
    Thanks, XRaider.

Here's another, JSDF blue-style scheme.
    vf4jasdfbluetj6.th.png
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really nice as always but I'm wondering why they all have such similar hulls ... you could make original vipers of your own design :)
  • CanisDCanisD0 Posts: 0Member
    Those aren't Vipers, they're VF-4's from Macross. The title of the thread is a bit confusing since its become a general thread over the past two years since it started. Now what would be real cool would be if Talos went back and redrew some of his Vipers in the style of his Valkyries. (*subtle hint* :D) Its really an incredible thread to watch how skills evolve.
    CanisD wrote: »
    Those aren't Vipers, they're VF-4's from Macross. The title of the thread is a bit confusing since its become a general thread over the past two years since it started. Now what would be real cool would be if Talos went back and redrew some of his Vipers in the style of his Valkyries. (*subtle hint* :D) Its really an incredible thread to watch how skills evolve.

Ah I was thinking that those are still Vipers, just really early ones :D
    Now that I checked the first page, it would be nice to see the Vipers remade. I started doing some BSG stuff myself and I think I could "borrow" a design or two after he (re)did them :p
    Well, the VF-4 isn't a Viper design from BSG, but in fact a variable fighter from the Macross series, specifically "Macross: Flashback 2012". I have made some original Vipers of my own design, most notably my Viper Mk V way back in the thread. As for this plane, I'm exploring color schemes and markings, since we only see it very little in the anime. The VF-21 Schwalbe I'm working on has a very different look to it.

EDIT, now that those two posts show up :D: I have planned on redoing some of my early Vipers, particularly my Viper Mk I/IV family. The only thing holding me back a couple weeks ago when I was ready to do it was my missing flash drive, which I found last week. So I'll probably get to work on them soon.
    Ok then I'm waiting to see what you will come up with :D
    What hast thou wrought, Canis?

mki10tb6.th.jpg
  • CanisDCanisD0 Posts: 0Member
    Mwuhahaha!!! Exxxxcellent! :devil:
    Updated!

mki10ky3.th.jpg
    This is a VF-4 I've had in the planning stages for awhile, but couldn't do until I was confident or crazy enough to draw up the "Angel Birds" logo from scratch, which I did today. It's still not finished, needs the team crest finished and added before that.

vf4angelbirdsfr8.th.png
    Finished up the Angel Birds VF-4, including custom unit crest and logo, also including redone SVF-111 Sundowners.

vf4angelbirdsmu5.th.pngvf4svf111nk5.th.png
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Am I right in thinking that you came up with the Angel Birds by combining the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds? Looks good! It also seems to have a passing similarity to some of the Russian aerial teams.