Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Endless Pluto Station Thread

• BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant! :D
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    DWL, have any good ref images? I need some inspiration :)

Cheers guys!
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Try an image search for 'chemical plant equipment' or find a refinery or something industrial on maps. I'll have a hunt around to see what I have here.
    Not sure I will get more done for a while, as I have some ongoing projects, so I thought I'd do a render! :)

Made some progress on the side greeblings, though I need to get more done on the top, and I need to re-do the top doors, as they can't actually open (So I need roller shutters or collapsing doors)

test182-icon.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    tobian wrote: »
    Not sure I will get more done for a while, as I have some ongoing projects, so I thought I'd do a render! :)

Made some progress on the side greeblings, though I need to get more done on the top, and I need to re-do the top doors, as they can't actually open (So I need roller shutters or collapsing doors)

test182-icon.jpg

Or holographic doors......just kidding.
    I think you put the people who worked on JJ's film to shame. lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    That is another beautiful render, once again your atmospheric lighting really makes it pop, that together with the phenomenal amount of (and attention to) detail you've put into the mesh.
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    Not bad for a man who's hiding a whole alien ecosystem in his beard.
    I have also been playing with some test renders I did of the top section, but I do need to re-do the greeblings on there, as they aren't as good as the rest.. ahh a sysiphean task ! :)

Cheers guys!

shuttlebay_spots_test_nosun3_icon.jpgshuttlebay_spots_test_nosun3_tilt_icon.jpgshuttlebay_spots_test_sun3_icon.jpgshuttlebay_spots_test_sun3_tilt_icon.jpg
    You posted those already lol
    Look again... :p I re-graded them!, and technically I re-rendered them too :p
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    These are the digitally re-mastered ones. Blu-ray version coming next week, folks :D
    It's ok I won't add in a CGI Jabba, make Greedo shoot first, or Make Vader shout NOOOOOO, in 3D :D

Cheers.
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    Where's Jar Jar? :p
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Damnit, tobian! You're pissing on my childhood here! ;) :D

Phenomenal as usual, mate. :cool:
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    frak.. I'm drooling here... I need a bib!
    Tobian, if you can do this with this station, imagine your model work on the Prometheus...
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Tobian, if you can do this with this station, imagine your model work on the Prometheus...

*giggles insanely* I'd love to see that...
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    outstanding work mate. Now lets see FSR with this lighting!!
    **Runs of luaghting like a mad man**
    To do a FSR witht he new lighting would mean converting all of the lights that I've made on the station to use the new system, which means a lot of modeling and placing of lights... So no time soon :D

Cheers guys!

and.. no Jar Jar! :D
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    tobian wrote: »
    and.. no Jar Jar! :D

:(
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah, Tobian, I can always count on you to provide some inspiration for detail work. :)
  • n4orcern4orcer0 Posts: 0Member
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    Ah, Tobian, I can always count on you to provide some inspiration for detail work. :)

I second that, amazing work!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    I have just wee'd a little :)
    Bladder control, the super power I always wanted :D

not had much time to do much with this for the last few weeks, as I am involved in a few other projects, but thanks for the praise guys!
    test183-icon.jpg

Been a while, but I managed to crank out a new render of the back of the Shuttlebay, with the new lighting. The exterior is nearly done now, just needs some work on the interior and this bit is just about done, and time to move on to the next bit :)
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Awesome! I love the spots of color, the lighting, the color of the lighting, all so sweet!!
    Cheers japetus. It's always a WIP, and any ideas for improvements always welcome. Some interior work next time, so I am gonna be taking a look at your seats again :)
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Always love this station!! Great work... :thumb:
    Cheers Commander!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    don't see rechargeable batteries, don't see rechargeable batteries, don't see rechargeable batteries,... :p

Looks Great Tobian :) loveing the detailing and lighting :)