Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Endless Pluto Station Thread

• commandersozocommandersozo505 Posts: 631Member
    well, send me a pm, if i can help you in this.....
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    tobian wrote: »
    Yep, it's endless, so far :D

Cheers guys, glad you like it! :) It's probably one of the most complete rooms on the station, though it does need something for that alcove to the left :)

A vending machine?
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Thanks Commandersozo.. when I have designed all the panels in that section I may be coming a knocking! :)

and no, it's not a vending machine :p
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    what? it looks like one of those old pie behind the glass walls machines from the old days... :)

looks great!!
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    it needs items in the shelving units and what not
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking good.
    How about a shower?
    If it was a shower, I'd put a shower in it :P seriously guys!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    What I meant was that you could put a vending machine there
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    They have replicators :p Actually, you should put a replicator in there :)
  • SplitMatterSplitMatter0 Posts: 0Member
    You will surely post a download link for that BEAUTIFUL WORK OF YOURS RIGHT?! :D

PS: Your space station is awesome.. and it really seems infinite xDD
    Sorry guys, very little work on this recently due to some other projects, but I decided to do a nice render with LW11

test177-icon.jpg

Lots of things changed, and lots of things to change, as usual :)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
    Cheers! :)
  • nightfevernightfever373 Posts: 585Member
    Absolutely wonderful. It looks like it's real !
    Thanks very much! There's still a fair bit of work to do in that area before I am happy, but it's definitely getting there! :)
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Insane detail! Lovely work. How high is the poly count on the whole model as it stands now?
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Nice update Tobian.
    Cheers guys. Not sure on the poly count, as I haven't assembled it in a while. I will let you guys know the next time I do assemble it, though now we have instancing in LW 11, I can see that count dropping.. it requires some investigation! :)
    Very nice Mate.
    Don't leave it to long for the next update!
    Yeah, not had the time or motivation of late. Hopefully I will get my mojo back :)
    Well I know what that is like. just look at my Akria Thread.
    Well here's another update, which isn't really an update: I just had to rebuild all of my surfaces as LW threw a wobbler.. not sure when it happened but it took a while to put everything back! :)
    test178-icon.jpg

Needs some more tweaks, and there's still left to model in this area (Every time I open up an old bit it's what strikes me hehe).
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Now, THAT is impressive (again and again).
    I like the dull-white for the main-hull surface.
    The surface for the solar-sails is a bit odd though - the specularity/reflection makes them look pixellated ;)
    It's probably a bit too over-exaggerated, and a little over the top (as I put some light down there to oomph it a little). But yeah I would love to see it animated, since I rotated the anisotropy to get that effect, so it should animate sweet! but to get the reflections smooth I had to really up the AA so it took 3h33m3s (oddly) hours to render! :(
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Have i stated how much I hate you lately :p to damn awesome, keep up the good work ;)
    Haha thanks :) Sorry!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    That is great. After a MUCH deserved celebration for eventually finishing this thing I wonder if you would ever apply these mad skills to a ship to go with it??:)
    Well I do plan on doing some shuttlecraft, and workbees and the like, to fit in there, but I dunno if I will wanna build a ship or not, I shall see :)
    Looking dam great mate.
    This little project is starting to be a bit like the Forth Bridge, as soon as you finished one section, you got to go back to the begging and start again.
    Yep pretty much, even though they don't actually do that with the Fourth Rail bridge any more :D

made some more tweaks, narrowed the exhaust vents so they don't look so silly, and reassigned and tweaked surfaces.
    test179-icon.jpg

If you want to know what changed, flip back and forth between this and 178, as the camera angle is the same.