Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Endless Pluto Station Thread

• tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Well the machinery will be suspended in there, so you can get all round it, the bay is a bit taller than the room it's next too.

If you take a look at the screenshots, the cavity for the machinery is quite big. I imagine it as a tubular item which goes down the length of the bay but only occupying about 50% of the height/width of the space, so you can go under/round it, for maintenance. The front section may not be the final way it will bay, as it may go off into the forward area (which is increasingly narrow) and connected to the oval subspace telescope array. I need to produce some of these for the lower dish array, and again, I have left the space, but not done the objects yet, as it's tricky to imagine what kind of machinery would be in there, and it'll be fiddly! :)
    95949.png95950.png95951.png95952.png95953.png
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Oh yes. That's very helpful in context world. Thanks. I couldn't get my brain around it since I wasn't sure if there was a drop down or if that angled wall just started right at the edge of that doorway. Great work! :D
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    What he's not telling you is, this is a real top secret station, he's taken pictures of and manipulated them to look computerized ;P

Looking good man. :)
    Yeah it's quite an awkward shape in there, but it's going to prove interesting to detail! :)

Cheers guys!
  • OrinackraOrinackra0 Posts: 0Member
    I apologize if I missed it, but do you have a command center/bridge?

I love this station though, and I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your ceiling vent idea for my Defiant build. I don't know how I missed that. Seems PRETTY essential lol.
    I sure do.. and it's completely empty so far :) This room was a test for it, as I can take a lot of the tricks I used here for it, it'll just be much bigger, and more complex.

And no problem. I probably borrowed that from someone else, that's how forums work :)
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dam that some sweet work.
    cheers freak :)
    Been working on something...
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nicely done
    Thanks Elowan
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome dude! :D It's like I could hear the flickering, buzzing, whirring, and humming of all the station elements coming to life (as well as an echoing real estate agent yapping about). Then again I have an overactive imagination. ;)
    Yeah I wish I had a soundtrack but I know little of sound editing, and have no stock footage. It was tricky enough to figure out how to do all the keyframing :)

Cheers Basill!
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Every now and then I stop by and... it never fails... I always get belted between the eyes by another awesome render, lighting test, panorama flick, or something! Love it, my friend!!!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    tobian wrote: »
    Yeah I wish I had a soundtrack but I know little of sound editing, and have no stock footage. It was tricky enough to figure out how to do all the keyframing :)

Cheers Basill!

You used some render elements trickery, fading in different passes, didn't you? :P Looks very nice though :)
    That looks sweet mate.
    It does need to sound to go with it, but even without it, it looks great.
    Now finish off that section with the different work stations.
    Yep it was a pure render-element animation. I don't deny that :) I rendered out a number of lighting passes, with each of the lighting blocks turned on and off, an occlusion pass and a volumetric pass, which is quite subtle but there, then combined them additively in AE.. I rendered the frames at extreme quality, so there were no blotches. I probably could have lowered the noise, since a lot of it turned out not to be at all visible, you live and learn! :)

If anyone has any suggestions on sound I'm all ears, I just wasn't sure what to put in there as it's only 42 seconds long, and I didn't want to start some sequence of music for it to clip. I could maybe find some sound fx but I am not good at everything you know :D
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    ambient noise mp3 that someone did - based on TNG i believe
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    ooh sexy.
    Hmm yeah the ambient noise track could be cool! :)

and thanks guys!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, nice work on that lighting animation, very cool.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    tobian wrote: »
    Cheers Meph. Are you not working on your endless project now? :)

lol, true that... My analogue 3D modeling sidetrack has been going on since three years now with the end not in sight. :D
    Great job on the little lighting movie there. Looks absolutely stunning.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Ah, it's always nice to come back to this thread after some time away from SF-M. :)

The station still looks bloody fantastic. (doesn't it get annoying to hear something to that effect year after year after year over and over again? ;) :D)
    ST-One wrote: »
    The station still looks bloody fantastic. (doesn't it get annoying to hear something to that effect year after year after year over and over again? ;) :D)
    Nope :p

Cheers guys! :)
    Decided to do some spotlights on the top of the shuttlebay model. Been busy so I haven't manage to improve the greebles much, but the lighting tests look good so far...

shuttlebay_spots_test_nosun_icon.jpgshuttlebay_spots_test_sun_icon.jpg
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Yep, it does look good!
    Funny, I was just looking at your Intrepid variant sensor trench for some ideas for in my sensor trench, DWL :) I need to flatten down the hull a little and fill the trench!
    Looks great Mate.
    Though in that lighting test, there is no light coming out of those windows.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    :)

When I made those I was looking at engines and chemical plant equipment for inspiration as NASA sensors are all little gold boxes.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! Very atmospheric looking in that light pass.