Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Endless Pluto Station Thread

• tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Well at least you can't see the large angry bird in this angle :)
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Dude... I'd love to see the Blackfoot inside that hanger!!
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Exceptional work, is the least I can say. :)
    Alas, unless I employ DS9 scaling technology, the Blackfoot won't fit. My Shuttlebays are BARELLY big enough to house a Runabout, and I believe the Blackfoot is quite a bit bigger? Docked on the docking boom should be possible though, sometime! :)

Thanks very much too Starship!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Great detailing.

I wonder if some sort of cage over the battery looking things might be in order, if they are tanks of pressurised gas, just to avoid meteor strikes.
    Hmm it's a thought but it would also bulk that area out more than I would be happy with. Still it's a thought, and mesh would make the poly count more silly :D
    I believe that is the scaling we've been using for the Grandeur Project?
    It's roughly 50m L x 23.6m W x 7.7m T
    Left a bit, left a bit, forward.. no wait, reverse, forward, forward, to the right....

There, fits perfectly :D

Amazingly, actually, it does actually fit between the deck and the underside of the observation lounge, and the narrow nose means it won't poke out the sides like that.... However.... There's the matter of closing the doors :D
    98456.jpg
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice job, this is the most detailed mesh I haver ever seen. I didn't know it only takes double A batteries to power the station? :)
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    And the Winner for best impresion of a Cat in a small Box goes too..... :)
    We could call that ship the USS Maru? :D

and since there's 90 of those round the main docking ring that's a lot of double A batteries :D
  • seanrseanr1421 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 637Member
    tobian wrote: »
    Been a while, but I managed to crank out a new render of the back of the Shuttlebay, with the new lighting. The exterior is nearly done now, just needs some work on the interior and this bit is just about done, and time to move on to the next bit :)

Those are some mighty big Duracells you got there, bub. They size XXX? :D

Fantastic as always. The lighting is stunning. God, just thinking of the render times gets me verklempt.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member

and since there's 90 of those round the main docking ring that's a lot of double A batteries :D

Awesome. I love those "batteries." Does double A stand for "Antimatter Assisted" in this rare case? ;)
    With Sean's Duracell comment, I have that little 3 note jingle from the commercial in head now.
    "Bing-dong-ding... The Copper Top." :D
    Haha they aren't batteries, they are just tanks of *stuff*, they only look like batteries because they are yellow. :) There's 90 of them round the station so far, maybe I should pop some more round there :)
  • seanrseanr1421 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 637Member
    It's actually more than just the yellow - what really did it for me was the shiny metal ends. ;)
    Dude, they do look JUST LIKE BATTERIES!! The AA size, from like Dollar General or something even more no-brand. LOL... I am soooo glad I wasn't the one who mentioned it :confused: But, here's a good note... when this station comes out in a "lights & sound scale model"... well, you know where the batteries can go.
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    True, I always expect the Energizer Bunny to pop up behind one of those windows.
    Well I have been busy this week and finally got some modelling done!

test185-icon.jpg

Nearly finished the interior now, just some fiddly bits to do... and then the lower bay needs finishing too.
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,417Member
    Still super good. Your station is great
    Cheers trekki!
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! I love those stairs! :D
    Thanks Basill. Yeah I was very pleased with how they turned out. They took months of planning to get that far. It was a very tricky design to visualise!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Geez Tobian! Everything about this station is great. The design style, materials and textures, lighting, well... everything!

How long would that last render have taken? And, is there any chance of a walkthrough?

Al
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    That interior looks so real, it could be a set.

Not sure about the chairs though, they look a bit flimsy, and some starfleet officers are a bit on the chunky side.
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Wow! This is beautifu! I love the red color of the seats with the cool glass. Beautiful lighting too! Maybe there should be some detail on the floor like warning hashes or demarcated areas? Just my 2 cents, great work of course!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice bit of interior design there, looks spot on, am also loving that nice design detail on the stairs, cracking work. My only crit would be that if this is supposed to be a Trek environment then those flat screen monitors on the right look a little too old school circa 21st century for the setting. Other than that minor detail this looks like you could walk right on in there, fantastic work.
    The price for nice renders is sadly.. time. That render took about 5 hours to render, not including the time to region render the bits which were broken, so a walk-through not so likely :D Plus if I wanted to dedicate that much time to doing it, I'd want to finish it completely, and there's some bits which need resolving.

The floor could possibly need something, even if it's just footprints and dust (and I should get a smudge map for the glass, good point), but that can get complicated with UV mapping, while it's still WIP. I really love the ruberised black flooring, even if it's painful to render! :) Any and all suggestions welcome though, I'm always looking for stuff to populate my station with, it's just thinking it up and making it. The spiral staircase for example took ages to make, as I had to work it out, and my control panels and screens need to be filled with stuff, that I have to think up! :)

I may tweak the display screens a little, but I was really pleased with them, and they took ages to make and plan (fitting a slightly curved rail and the complex roof girder structure to house that was a major project, as well as the whole support strut for them!) The slightly more sci-fi route would be to make them transparent, and indeed I am pondering some stand-up transparent/holographic displays for the main control panel, but transparency is costly on render time! (and there's already lots!)
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice work Mate.
    Really loving that interior shoot.
    Cheers Freak.

Decided to do a shot from another angle last night. Took quite a while to render :(

test186-icon.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice.