Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Star Wars projects thread

1145146147148149151»

• fractalspongefractalsponge253 Posts: 1,088Member
    More updates, and filmic color correction profiles with much help from Howie Day and Angelos Karderinis!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2rDbk
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmqBRr
    Rekkert
    • Like - Rekkert on April 15, 2019.
    rojren
    • Like - rojren on April 15, 2019.
    Guerrilla
    • Like - Guerrilla on April 15, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on April 15, 2019.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla426 HelsinkiPosts: 2,495Administrator
    I love the color corrected ones. Are you just throwing a cleverly crafted LUT at it, or is it a more involved process?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Angelos_kAngelos_k5 GreecePosts: 6Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    I love the color corrected ones. Are you just throwing a cleverly crafted LUT at it, or is it a more involved process?

I've made 3 Color corrections in AE, that work as easy as possible, for amateur users or more used to the settings. Ι Had in mind that Fractalsponge would love to drag and drop his images in a way that can work fast and with adjustable GI strengh, depending the settings.

3i8a4hm1i04i.png

-Angel
    Guerrilla
    • Like - Guerrilla on April 19, 2019.
  • ViperViper842 Posts: 537Administrator
    Angelos_k wrote: »
    Guerrilla wrote: »

I've made 3 Color corrections in AE, that work as easy as possible, for amateur users or more used to the settings. Ι Had in mind that Fractalsponge would love to drag and drop his images in a way that can work fast and with adjustable GI strengh, depending the settings.

3i8a4hm1i04i.png

-Angel

That's cool. I think I'll have to break down and get AE at some point. The LUT export from Photoshop doesn't work very well. I like having the lut available so I can preview in vray VFB without having to save the file and move it to PS and I know the AE export works.
  • CyberMonkeyCyberMonkey3 Posts: 9Member
    Are those color corrections available somewhere? Would like to take a look at those... :D
    edited April 20 #4507
    That's cool. I think I'll have to break down and get AE at some point. The LUT export from Photoshop doesn't work very well. I like having the lut available so I can preview in vray VFB without having to save the file and move it to PS and I know the AE export works.

Yeah i used to do that. but it came to me i have more control in post rather in vfb. Having said that, i set from vfb as close as possible to the final result i want with a few corrections in post (contrast, noise etc) as shown bellow. 4cr6m0t9sw3e.png
    Post edited by Angelos_k on
    Brandenberg
    • Like - Brandenberg on August 3, 2019.
    Are those color corrections available somewhere? Would like to take a look at those... :D

Here. It was designed specificaly for the use of the plugin Looks from magic bullet. It requirew two layers each time. A render and GI pass for additional bounce boost. You can use the layer replace function in AE for instant drag and drop of your renders. Njoy

-Angel
    Nathan Rubric
    • Like - Nathan Rubric on April 20, 2019.
  • ViperViper842 Posts: 537Administrator

Yeah i used to do that. but it came to me i have more control in post rather in vfb. Having said that, i set from vfb as close as possible to the final result i want with a few corrections in post (contrast, noise etc) as shown bellow. 4cr6m0t9sw3e.png

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I try to get it as close as I can in the VFB and then do final adjustments in PS. Leaving everything to post processing means not having any idea on how it'll look like in the end.

That's a great image btw. Needs debris ;)
    Brandenberg
    • Like - Brandenberg on August 3, 2019.
  • CyberMonkeyCyberMonkey3 Posts: 9Member
    Sadly I can't open the project, guess I have to update After Effects sooner rather than later^^ Thanks for uploading it tho! :D
    Viper wrote: »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I try to get it as close as I can in the VFB and then do final adjustments in PS. Leaving everything to post processing means not having any idea on how it'll look like in the end.

That's a great image btw. Needs debris ;)

Thanks. It was a test render actually. I can make debris in post but not as simulations.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on April 29, 2019.
    Coolhand
    • Like - Coolhand on April 29, 2019.
  • CoolhandCoolhand241 PhobosPosts: 1,273Member
    Amazing attention to detail as always FS!
    Finally, done! Bellator gallery:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3oPw0A

4k source on my site:
    http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4390
    Nathan Rubric
    • Like - Nathan Rubric on August 2, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on August 2, 2019.
    Brandenberg
    • Like - Brandenberg on August 2, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on August 2, 2019.
    McC
    • Like - McC on August 6, 2019.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg636 CaliforniaPosts: 1,129Member
    I took a look. (I need a 5 thumbs up emoji).

You're insane, did you know that?
    In a good way, but insane...
    New Interdictor/Dominator:
    dominator30-2134x1200.jpg

Gladiator/Demolisher WIP:
    gladiator6.jpg
    gladiator5.jpg

More at: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4652
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on December 1, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on December 1, 2019.
  • srspicersrspicer197 Posts: 114Member
    Oh man, there is a lot of work there, and they are gorgeous!!

I'm thinking there is almost as much work in these models as creating a physical model, and I have scratch built a 2' Super Star Destroyer for a client, fully lit.