Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Be cool to see your take on the Arc Hammer from Dark Forces.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Be cool to see your take on the Arc Hammer from Dark Forces.

Or a new take on the Executor. =)
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I'm all for Fractal putting his own spin on the less well-represented (and poorly thought out) EU designs. He invariably comes up with vastly improved vessels. Can't see that there's any need to revise the Executor however.

Wish the same could be said of the sequel trilogy First Order ships and vehicles - they sure could use his expertise there (I'm looking at you, "Gorilla Walker")
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    And here it is: Inexpugnable-class command ship gallery.

Base 4k renders at: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=3100

Oh, the lighting on these is sublime!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Fractal took 3 randomly picked out SW designs (fighters and capships) via an RNG pick, and then made a single ship that merged all three into one hull somehow. Because, knowing him, he'd still not only make it look good, but the combo would look better than the originals (exception being the Falcon. Nothing can improve that).
  • [Irishman][Irishman]177 Posts: 117Member
    OK, it's time. After 14 years, it's time to redo this mesh. I realized as I was preparing 4k renders that my old ISD model was not really current anymore. I've been itching to do it again since Rogue One's star destroyer came out, and now it's time! This is going to be a long process, but at the end, it's going to be the best star destroyer model made, end of story. The plan is to average references from several sources, so it won't be an exact greeble duplicate of Avenger, but recognizably the same class. It will also eventually serve as the base template for other designs like Tector.

isd2_1.jpg
    isd2_2.jpg
    isd2_3.jpg
    isd2_4.jpg
    isd2_5.jpg

Ansel,

I thought for sure that yours WAS the one used in Rogue One. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    :o

It'll be the best ISD model ever made indeed...
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    Which syllable do you personally stress in Imperator?
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    isd2_44-1024x640.jpg
    New ISD WIP up:

isd2_64-1024x640.jpg
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Looks amazing so far dude! :)
    Continuing my 4k re-renders:
    vigil82-1024x576.jpg

Hangar function shown for once.
    Missile Boat 4k gallery up:
    mis20-1024x576.jpg
    AT-AT and Juggernaut re-rendered galleries:

atat81-1024x576.jpg
    juggernaut68-1024x576.jpg
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    Those renders are beautiful.
    Latest star destroyer updates:

isd2_77-1024x576.jpg
    isd2_93-1024x576.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,285Member
    I love the blue... I honestly don't remember if that's in the original movies (it's been a long time since I'v watched them), so in my headcanon they're using a new cleaner-burning more efficient fuel, and everyone in there is just so happy with it.
    Anyone know what happened with Fractal? I know he's got a new container ship design up on his site, but its been ages since we've seen him on here. On that note, to avoid irritating mods about necroing, some actual info.

The commissioned design (not mine), looks almost completely finished and in fact, I believe he has finished it (edit: nope, its still a WIP). There are at least 6 views of it on his site, front page. I'd post a direct link, but I believe that would be overstepping my bounds and being incredibly rude. Just follow his signature link, and its the first thing that pops up at the moment.
    Nice to see someone else going for a Gallofree medium transport approach to container hauling! IMO though it looks a little unrefined as yet - like it wants to be a CEC design what with the forward tube hull and flared mid section, but hasn't quite made it yet.

On the other hand with the big engine pods it does remind me of the big Botajef AA-9 transports from Episode II (shudder!) so I'm curious as to the commissioner's thoughts behind it.
    Here it is:

4k source in link to my site

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZrAKR/
    Oh.

it's.. beautiful...
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    oooh,ahhh. Bravo!
    Wish... Could you slow the turntable just a tick? It went by too fast for me. (Old eyes maybe.)

Steve
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Ansel, you're showing up Disney again.

Now normally I'd say, stop that, but its Disney, and well, TLJ + Solo, so...

Keep doing what you're doing. :D
    If you were to say "TFA and TLJ" I could mainly agree with you (too much sheer stoopid in both of those), but what's wrong with Solo? it's a fun adventure and it feels like it belongs in the SW universe. :confused:
    Re-textured the Consolidator, added vehicle/cargo elevators.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1JVZG
    Starscream wrote: »
    If you were to say "TFA and TLJ" I could mainly agree with you (too much sheer stoopid in both of those), but what's wrong with Solo? it's a fun adventure and it feels like it belongs in the SW universe. :confused:

I'd rather avoid going too far off topic, so only briefly deviate into explanations, so I'll go with:
    Music = Epic, its John Williams, nuff said.
    New Tie Fighter = Epic, and far better than the virtual copycat stuff from TFA/TLJ (exception being the Tie Silencer) of the older designs.
    Storyline/Acting = outright hated the characters/characterization/plot. I can't quite explain why I do, other than I do. I'm not alone in this, as at least 20 people in the theater I was in on premiere night walked out before the credits (I was one of them), and all of us couldn't quite explain it, other that it just didn't 'feel' right.

Note: I think Rogue One was damn near perfection, and currently place it behind TESB as #2 of my favorites in the series.

Although I still swear they cribbed ideas from either here, or Ansel's homepage/gallery, for showing the ISDs in all four of the newest films.

Now, to get back on topic...

Fractal, any thoughts to doing a render of the Consolidator with an AT-AT either next to the ramp, or going down the ramp? The deploying super-heavy dropship, of which class name you gave it I sadly can't think of right now (I apologize) works well if the viewer knows it can deploy upwards of 10 AT-ATs or so, iirc, but for anyone else that hasn't quite followed your work closely, they might not quite realize the true scale of the Consolidator.
    My version of the classic X-Wing/TIE Fighter assault transport. 32.5m long, spacetrooper hatches at top. Assault docking system from the stormtrooper transport. 4 warhead launchers, 4x single LTL, 4x ion cannon.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ngN5e
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    The stormtrooper transport is beautiful,but the dorsal and rear ventral guns don't really fit the sleek design,just my humble opinion.
    jedi44 wrote: »
    The stormtrooper transport is beautiful,but the dorsal and rear ventral guns don't really fit the sleek design,just my humble opinion.

Dunno.

I get a kind of brutally uncompromising 'Mac Truck/APC' (innnnnn spaaaaaace...) look from it. Where its so ugly, air and space simply move out its way to let it go by, where it then proceeds to tear things a new one. Repeatedly.

As in, the same kind of ugly that is an A-10. The wonderful kind of ugly. Except this has spacetroopers too, who are terrifying in their own right.