Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

1145146147148149151»

• fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    More updates, and filmic color correction profiles with much help from Howie Day and Angelos Karderinis!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2rDbk
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmqBRr
    RekkertrojrenGuerrillaLizzy777
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    I love the color corrected ones. Are you just throwing a cleverly crafted LUT at it, or is it a more involved process?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Angelos_kAngelos_k5 GreecePosts: 6Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    I love the color corrected ones. Are you just throwing a cleverly crafted LUT at it, or is it a more involved process?

I've made 3 Color corrections in AE, that work as easy as possible, for amateur users or more used to the settings. Ι Had in mind that Fractalsponge would love to drag and drop his images in a way that can work fast and with adjustable GI strengh, depending the settings.

3i8a4hm1i04i.png

-Angel
    Guerrilla
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Angelos_k wrote: »
    Guerrilla wrote: »

I've made 3 Color corrections in AE, that work as easy as possible, for amateur users or more used to the settings. Ι Had in mind that Fractalsponge would love to drag and drop his images in a way that can work fast and with adjustable GI strengh, depending the settings.

3i8a4hm1i04i.png

-Angel

That's cool. I think I'll have to break down and get AE at some point. The LUT export from Photoshop doesn't work very well. I like having the lut available so I can preview in vray VFB without having to save the file and move it to PS and I know the AE export works.
  • CyberMonkeyCyberMonkey3 Posts: 9Member
    Are those color corrections available somewhere? Would like to take a look at those... :D
    edited April 2019 #4507
    That's cool. I think I'll have to break down and get AE at some point. The LUT export from Photoshop doesn't work very well. I like having the lut available so I can preview in vray VFB without having to save the file and move it to PS and I know the AE export works.

Yeah i used to do that. but it came to me i have more control in post rather in vfb. Having said that, i set from vfb as close as possible to the final result i want with a few corrections in post (contrast, noise etc) as shown bellow. 4cr6m0t9sw3e.png
    Post edited by Angelos_k on
    Brandenberg
    Are those color corrections available somewhere? Would like to take a look at those... :D

Here. It was designed specificaly for the use of the plugin Looks from magic bullet. It requirew two layers each time. A render and GI pass for additional bounce boost. You can use the layer replace function in AE for instant drag and drop of your renders. Njoy

-Angel
    Nathan Rubric
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator

Yeah i used to do that. but it came to me i have more control in post rather in vfb. Having said that, i set from vfb as close as possible to the final result i want with a few corrections in post (contrast, noise etc) as shown bellow. 4cr6m0t9sw3e.png

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I try to get it as close as I can in the VFB and then do final adjustments in PS. Leaving everything to post processing means not having any idea on how it'll look like in the end.

That's a great image btw. Needs debris ;)
    Brandenberg
  • CyberMonkeyCyberMonkey3 Posts: 9Member
    Sadly I can't open the project, guess I have to update After Effects sooner rather than later^^ Thanks for uploading it tho! :D
    Viper wrote: »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I try to get it as close as I can in the VFB and then do final adjustments in PS. Leaving everything to post processing means not having any idea on how it'll look like in the end.

That's a great image btw. Needs debris ;)

Thanks. It was a test render actually. I can make debris in post but not as simulations.
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Amazing attention to detail as always FS!
    Finally, done! Bellator gallery:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3oPw0A

4k source on my site:
    http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4390
    Nathan RubricLizzy777Brandenbergevil_genius_180McC
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I took a look. (I need a 5 thumbs up emoji).

You're insane, did you know that?
    In a good way, but insane...
    New Interdictor/Dominator:
    dominator30-2134x1200.jpg

Gladiator/Demolisher WIP:
    gladiator6.jpg
    gladiator5.jpg

More at: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4652
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Brandenberg
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Oh man, there is a lot of work there, and they are gorgeous!!

I'm thinking there is almost as much work in these models as creating a physical model, and I have scratch built a 2' Super Star Destroyer for a client, fully lit.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    You should post some photos of that in your own thread, @srspicer - that sounds pretty cool :sunglasses:

Looking great, @fractalsponge - is this your own design? I'm not familiar with it...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited December 2019 #4519
    It's based on an existing design:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dominator_(Interdictor-class)

However, nobody does them like Fractalsponge. :D
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Nathan Rubric
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Comco wrote: »
    You should post some photos of that in your own thread, @srspicer - that sounds pretty cool :sunglasses:

I don't think there is a physical model section, correct? I thought there used to be.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    srspicer wrote: »

I don't think there is a physical model section, correct? I thought there used to be.

Just put it in WIP, if you're still working on it, or Finished Work if it's done. There's a thread prefix for practical models.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    I have deep respect for the physical modelers. The patience and skill...

Would also love to see that.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    It's based on an existing design:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dominator_(Interdictor-class)

However, nobody does them like Fractalsponge. :D

I was referring to the Gladiator/Demolisher :)

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I was referring to the Gladiator/Demolisher :)

Ah, that one. Also an existing design.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Demolisher_(Gladiator-class)
    edited December 2019 #4525
    My son came to visit and he is a big Star Wars fan as am I. We took two days and went to see Anaheim Disney's new "Galaxy's Edge." The detail is monumental. They really did a nice job. At least I think so. Only one "ride" was operational - Hondo's smuggling operation in the Millennium Falcon. Got to fly it once, Gunners once, and engineers twice. 4 total rides.

We also got something to drink at the Cantina. Very authentic feel inside. They probably should have made it a little larger.

There was a cast member there playing Ray from the most recent trilogy and she looked a LOT like Daisy Ridley. English accent too. There was a drinking fountain with a water reservoir above it (fake of course) that had the trash compactor monster from the very first Star Wars (It's hard to believe that was 42 years ago) in it. When you depressed the button to get water, bubbles percolated up into the reservoir as if it was draining. Every now and then the head/eye portion of the monster would pop up in the water reservoir. FUN!

Two Storm troopers wandered around and interacted with everyone. One storm trooper asked a little kid, "Are you a loyal subject of the First Order?" The kid was mesmerized and didn't reply. The storm trooper quips, "You shouldn't have to think about it so long." At one shop you could purchase a complete storm trooper outfit for the "modest" sum of $6120 dollars.

They had a shop where you could purchase really nice light saber replicas ($139) for just about every hero and villain in the series (For some reason Mace Winu's was the most popular and chronically out of stock - it was nice looking), and there was a place below it where (For $215) you could build your own. Reservation required. There was also a build a droid factory. They were radio controlled when done. The second ride opens in Anaheim in January 2020.

3tj2zc2ljdmx.png
    3c5bod6os11i.png

Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Lizzy777srspicerlennier1
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    The Magister class carrier by Howie Day over at modelermagic really inspires me—I can envision Federation starships in that empty space—the Monolith—a space elevator cable or an anomaly—with Mass Mikkleston as Thrawn