Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• grifxogrifxo0 Posts: 0Member
    its beautiful man. you gotta show this thing landing and unloading if you can.
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Mockup of internal layout:
    barge25.jpg

Multiple levels on rails, collapsible into the ceiling for large loads like a juggernaut (shown) or heavy walker. With the platform down, the bottom level can handle AT-STs as well. Should be enough for any company of light or medium vehicles.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    You so have to do a version of the Nostromo (as ever loving seeing this stuff, amazing work! :))
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, so can this fit AT-ATs at a stretch?

:thumb:
    AT-ATs are roughly the same height as a juggernaut, so yes. I'd say it could fit 4 easily, probably 6 with a little careful packing.
    Cool, that's it stack them in there like sardines.

:D
    Ship is basically finished. Did the interiors and fixed the texture blotchiness:

barge27.jpg
    Nice! The final result looks fantastic, and very functional. Could very easily see something like this swooping in in a new Star Wars movie. Excellent design and execution. Very cool.

• stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Brilliant, as always. :)
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Great job mate!
  • wibblewibble1272 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 570Member
    It has a loose resemblance with a nasua.
    wibble wrote: »

I had to look that one up. I can sorta see it.
    wibble wrote: »

What, the animal?
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Fractal, could we get a 3/4 aft-view of it landed with the wings folded? I have the sneaky suspicion the rear side turrets are blocked by the wings, and can't shoot at anything coming towards the lander, leaving ground defense solely up to the forward turrets (and once the bays are open, anything in them). Call it a bit of a quibble, but seeing a glaring weak point like that bugs me a bit (that and usually you spot them, so I hope I'm wrong about the angle).
    Barricade wrote: »
    Fractal, could we get a 3/4 aft-view of it landed with the wings folded? I have the sneaky suspicion the rear side turrets are blocked by the wings, and can't shoot at anything coming towards the lander, leaving ground defense solely up to the forward turrets (and once the bays are open, anything in them). Call it a bit of a quibble, but seeing a glaring weak point like that bugs me a bit (that and usually you spot them, so I hope I'm wrong about the angle).

The turrets are blocked aft. If this kind of ship is getting attacked while disgorging cargo, it's already too late and you've done something wrong. Repulsorvehicles would help to provide cover rapidly up exit however.

I would also note that Sentinels also do not have aft coverage, and that's a much more combat worthy craft than this is.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Surely you'd have swarms of TIEs riding shotgun for a beast like this.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Beautiful... fits perfectly with the original trilogy look...
    See finished gallery - going with Chi-class for designation:
    barge45.jpg
  • wibblewibble1272 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 570Member
    I had to look that one up. I can sorta see it.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    What, the animal?

yes, I meant the animal. But I may have to state that I totally meant that as a compliment.

Oh and the latest Image is beautiful (you postet it while I was typing).
    Nice, loving the full gallery for this behemoth. So what exactly is the functionality behind the extended legs for the main cargo bay? Is it a case of them just being extended for the landing cycle? Or a Thunderbird 2 style extension for deployment? Or would it be a case of the extended configuration being used for larger payloads? So even in flight it would be extended? I only ask because looking at that deploying Juggernaut it barely fits in the bay with the legs extended, so I'm wondering how it fits in there in the more compact flight mode.

Phenomenal work.

TALON_UK wrote: »
    Nice, loving the full gallery for this behemoth. So what exactly is the functionality behind the extended legs for the main cargo bay? Is it a case of them just being extended for the landing cycle? Or a Thunderbird 2 style extension for deployment? Or would it be a case of the extended configuration being used for larger payloads? So even in flight it would be extended? I only ask because looking at that deploying Juggernaut it barely fits in the bay with the legs extended, so I'm wondering how it fits in there in the more compact flight mode.

Phenomenal work.

The flank bays are relatively shallow, allowing large loads to be retracted into the ceiling of the main bay. So for the Juggernaut, the extended main bay floor allows it to roll off when the bay is extended but tuck into the main fuselage when the main bay floor is retracted.
    Ahhhh, I see it now that you mention it, in some of the lower angle shots in the gallery. Some serious engineering and design thought has gone into this monster. Have also just seen that sunken shield/sensor dome motif that you've been using lately sunk up into the underside of the command section that I didn't notice before. Loving the attention to detail on this thing that just keeps giving and giving the more you look at it, like all good Star Wars designs should, looks good from all angles, has quite a sleek look to it despite the bulky design and immense size, and might just be my new fave of your original designs. I can't get the image of Thunderbird 2 out of my head now that I've compared this vessel to it, but that is a design classic, so no harm in having any similarities to that old girl. Awesome work. I'd love to see an animation of this thing coming into land executing it's landing cycle, rapid deploying armour and dusting off again, that sequence would just be epic.

• busheybushey0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi folks,

I'm a 3d lighting and rendering artist and also work fulltime as a game developer in England.

I've just started work on fan made Starwars Blockade runner Virtual Reality experience and would like to know if anyone would like to contribute some 3d assets in return for a credit on the end screen of the project.

The early tests that I'm doing show some real promise but I simply don't have time to build all of the things that I need to the level of finish that I'm after. The quality of work that I see on this site is amazing and I'm hoping that the community here is interested in helping me make it a reality.

If anyone out there is able help with any of the following then please get in touch and we can chat further.

[email protected]

Stormtrooper
    Rebel troop
    Vader
    C3P0
    R2D2
    Blockade runner corridor

Many thanks,

Paul
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    tank1-1024x768.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Cool
    Hate to admit it, but I'm not feeling it myself, it still looks a little too contemporary to me to be a Star Wars vehicle, looks like a present day real world tank with the treads removed. I feel personally that it needs to be a few more steps removed from our reality, so it is familiar while at the same time quite alien to us to get that Star Wars feel across.
    tank2.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    tank4.jpg
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Fractal, fill in those empty areas, because this is... to be honest, it looks like you took a perfectly good hovertank and put it in a sled.
    Almost there:
    tank5.jpg
    tank6.jpg
    tank7.jpg