Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    This is so impressive to me, the speed of modeling and details you achieve is astounding.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Unreal.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Ventral side almost done, except for the bow area.

Main armament beginning to be fitted. Right now it has 176 of the same guns as an Accalamtor (200GT medium turbolasers in quad mounts). For bombardment, it'll have 3-4 of the very large single barrel guns in ball turrets ventral side (720 teraton) - you can see two on the flanks and there'll be one or two more at the ventral prow. These will be largely capacitor fed, so won't be able to sustain the same fire rate as the same weapons on something like a Bellator. I'm debating whether or not to give it a few Venator main guns dorsally for self-defense. Without them, in space, the ship is pretty dangerous against frigates, but doesn't really cut it vs destroyers, unless one of the superheavies hit, and then anything short of an Imperator is likely to be crippled.

evakmar36.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive. Any ground based Rebel forces would quite rightly be bricking it if they saw this beast breaking through the clouds over their base.

:thumb:
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    I really dont like the landing legs; something about it doesn't feel right to me. The rest of the ship is fantastic though.
  • DanielSheniseDanielShenise0 Posts: 0Member
    I honestly think 2 heavies is enough on the ventral side. Its a LPD or LHD equivalent, its not meant to slug it out with destroyers. I could get behind some more of the smaller quads on the ventral side though.
    Pretty much done:

evakmar38.jpg
    evakmar37.jpg
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    My computer is weeping. It's also saying "Don't ever become this good at modeling or I'll walk!" :D
  • grifxogrifxo0 Posts: 0Member
    you stuck to your guns with the shape of this thing. hope you are pleased with it. not my cup of tea. but the details are awesome.
    It's a monster. I was with you on the shape Grifxo, but have to admit it is growing on me. Fractal has blinded me with awesome greebleness.

:p
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Yeah, I'm still not sold on the sides particularly, but I must say the prow helps overall now it's been greebled up. Between that and the twin bridge towers it has a nice imposing forward view - makes me wonder what one of those star destroyers from Dark Forces with the tower-block appendages would look like under Sponge's tender greeble-mercies. (That wasn't a suggestion, this time - honest! :D Although god knows he's probably half-done one already and simply never showed anyone hahaha)

Has anyone seen the top view of the new EpVII SD, by the way? Makingstarwars.net has a photo from some toy packaging that shows it. I thought it was fairly bland looking though. Meh... :/
    New ventral hatch.

evakmar39.jpg
    So are you designing those ventral hatches to have ramps coming out of them or do they just allow dropships to drop ventrally when the vessel is in flight?
  • grifxogrifxo0 Posts: 0Member
    sick
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Showed this to a friend. He sat there for a good 5min skimming all the pictures. Then turned to me and said:"You know how there's a death metal version of the Imperial March?"

"Yes...?"

"This is more Metal."

-=-

More constructively, will you be adding anything to the ventral rear sides? Because as it stand, its looks extremely nose heavy due to the sheer greebling work there, while the ventral aft looks kinda plain due to it being mosly just a series of armored plates.
    ^Probably not much more ventral centerline - I don't think there'll be space.

Dropship concept:

Carriage 2x A6 Juggernaut/SPHA, or ~6 AT-AT, or 4 AT-SE (if compact stowage, 8xAT-SE). AT-SP given for scale and to show need for new dropship for that.

All arrangements have room on upper cargo deck (side-opening hatches) for repulsorlift vehicles.

barge1.jpg
    barge2.jpg
    barge3.jpg
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Hmmm,interesting concept.
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    A little inspiration from I.M.P.S.? :thumb:
    Some additions. The trunking contains power feeds to repulsorlifts on the bottom of the elevator.

barge4.jpg
    barge5.jpg
    A little inspiration from I.M.P.S.? :thumb:

Heh, I was thinking that a little, I love that fan movie.

:p

I wonder if that wing folding away apparatus is a little overly complicated, also why would the tail fins on top need to fold down, is that for stowage onboard the Assault carrier? Either way will definitely follow this with interest.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    I'm liking it but the wing folding mechanisms seem needlessly overcomplicated.
    Simplified dorsal wings; the old arrangement was a leftover of when I thought the dorsal hatches would be a lot bigger than the configuration I ended up going with.

barge6.jpg
    barge7.jpg
    barge8.jpg
    Those dorsal fins look much better now, I also love how the secondary drive matrix tilts with the folding wings, nice touch to give more thrust on take off and landings. So is the upper hatch for flying repulsorlift vehicles? Or are they land repulsorlift vehicles which will just have to get a bit of a lift getting down to the ground via tractor beams or something? Liking how this is coming together.

Is this vessel designed to specifically be used with your assault ship?

TALON_UK wrote: »
    Those dorsal fins look much better now, I also love how the secondary drive matrix tilts with the folding wings, nice touch to give more thrust on take off and landings. So is the upper hatch for flying repulsorlift vehicles? Or are they land repulsorlift vehicles which will just have to get a bit of a lift getting down to the ground via tractor beams or something? Liking how this is coming together.

Is this vessel designed to specifically be used with your assault ship?

The upper hatch is for repulsorlift. I think all but the most rudimentary repulsorlift (like barges and such) should allow for deployment at least at multi-kilometer altitude (see the taxis in TPM being used at Coruscant skyscraper height). I think the main limit to practical repulsorlift altitude is maneuverability and fine stability, rather than simple lift.

And yes, this ship is designed to specifically fit inside the large hangar apertures in the center trench and flanks of the assault ship.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Beautiful work as always. Looks like something Joe Johnston or Ralph McQuarrie would have designed.
    ^High praise:)

Preview of panel style and detail density.

barge9.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good!
    Are you going to finish the imperial LAAT also?
    ^Yep, eventually.

Update:
    barge10.jpg
    Lovely detailing, and those cannons look familiar.

;)
    Update!

barge12.jpg
    barge11.jpg