Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    I want to say thank you for the kind words to everybody. Had the kids the past few days for halloween, and well spent time doing the whole pumpkin carving etc with them. But its late at night and im working on a new update for the actual carrier now since, the fighter is so far at this point finished.

This is such a big ship, that at times, i do feel like, well, throwing in the towel. But the kind words keep me going, especially on the days when i dont have my kiddos, and my create block is out the window.

But right now, im playing with the carrier again, and im in the works of producing another wip pic...

so, if there is any picture request besides the update WIP pic, abliet scene render or what ever, go ahead and shoot or ask, and ill post it up with my wip pic. Oh yea and for wilson, yes ill be posting Orthos for you of the fighter in white background ;). Again thanks everyone
  • all the stargate ships meshes (like the achilles and all them) available with fighters and EVERYTHING! a whole scene like that around it ..

i can dream :P
    lol now that would be sweet, even a clay render of that would be awesome...dont see why it couldnt happen....maybe one day hmmmm

anyhow...doing some cleanup work on the mesh, abit more than i wanted to stop the doubleface issue i was having at long distance renders, fixed what i saw for now, anymore popup and ill have to fix those as well...

working on the main carrier hull paneling, and starting to nurnie the bottom of the ship as well, starting another piping bliss, but its a perfect surface, long and flat, and nothing but detail can go there so lets see what i can do with that...

also did some work on the rear engine area, not much again cleaning and very minor detail adding, so ill just post this wip update pic for now before i head off to work...

11207carrierok2.th.jpg
  • Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    My friend I just noticed something you need weapons on your keel!
    Other then that great job!:thumb:
  • Looks great elite:thumb:, your ship looks different when viewed from the bottom insted of the top really impressive. How do you make the hull plates? Because I want to add some to my ship since beveling in small areas would take forever to work........and thats the only way I know how to make some type of plates.
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    I'll admit, I'd still love a 3/4 beauty shot at 2560x1600 on black to fill my screen as wallpaper, but I'm always wanting that. ;) Just keep going whatever you do Elite, you owe it to yourself for making it this far. ;)
    sorry about the delay, had the kiddos again so well yea, anyhow here is a small update of the front underside and where i think i want to go, almost make it feel abit atlantian i think, or something to that effect so far...and to answer the questions...

Wilson...sorry havnt been on the pc to do those white backdrop fighter ortho for you, but will try to get to it very soon

Freelance...yea i notice that too lol, but i do have small tidbits gaurding the cargo bays, but nothing on a battleship level more fighter level weapons, thinking to add a total of 4 big guns back there

Lantean Chuck...ill let you know how i do them cause there is many ways, but ill finish this post up first, and ill try my best to do a nice little tutorial for you in the 3d question section, give me about a day from now...

darkelfa, hmm that would be a nice shot, what angle did you want? i personally like the top left shoulder view myself...but its your call...

and finally, my update pic....
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Spend as much time with your kids as you can. Time flies man.
    More poly goodness. Great work.
    I think you'll get to it when time permits so will enjoy seeing it when it done!
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with Mikala, family is more important
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Act in haste, repent in leisure.
    lol yea kids are the best...but right now for a few more weeks im on a unwanted 4-3 3-4 split of shared days, imo she should have non for many reasons...any how you will notice a pattern in my updates lol...

hopefully one tomorrow night, right now im playing with ideas around and not yet doing a update wip pic...but modeling continues lol
    alright really not a update wip pic, but i headed off to bed, was playing around with the ship abit, seeing what kind of details i wanted and where, pic hunting for ideas on google for real life "nurnies". Ive always had this reflected mirror positioned below the ship but never rendered with it because well it takes a long time to render, and well as a modeler you know how a 5min render gets to you when your mind is racing to put details on a ship that you just thought of....

sooo i went to bed, before doing that, i set it up, put image size to 2560 x 2048, set AO, and OSA up to more than normal, decided my down time could be pc up time, hit the render button, and 23mins later this image popped up...enjoy

crazytestrendergr9.th.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    wow doesn't come close......
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    It's really nice to see the whole ship like that. It really shows how far it has come.

Keep up your amazing work.
    Good god your a genus!:eek!::eek!::eek!:
    Wilson, for you, got to the pc that had the white backdrop fighter orthos for you...bumped up the resolution for you as well....2560x1600, png format though...so download beware in the 900k-1.5mb range for each pic

whitefighterfrontortho1bs9.jpg

whitefighterfrontorthopg1.th.png

Lantean Chuck, darn pc that has this tutorial thing for isnt allowing me to play and post a little 5 or so step image tut for you, but here it is in words, sorry it took more than a day ;)

1) I select the face(s) i want to panel/detail, i then hit "y" to split/seperate it from the rest of the mesh (allows you to manipulat without screwing the other faces up

Two versions for next step so...

2a) i then just hit ctrl-r, and cut up the surface the way i want, putting two lines together real close to make a panel line. So just keep hitting ctlr-r, and cut up the panel the way you like, experiment, you will see that its almost artistic in a odd way....or you can use the "k" (knife) tool, and do midpoints, multiple, or exact, almost the same thing just slightly slightly different, not much. Then once you got the panels worked out, select the big faces all at once, basically your going to select the faces you want to be the panels, then hit "e", select the panels height/manually type it in, and bam panels...

2b) cut the faces on the panel the way you want, but without actually modeling the panels width, ie one line cut instead of two lines side by side. Then you select the faces you want to "panel", hit "e". Then right click so it doesnt extrude out just makes the face. Hit "s" for size, and manually enter somthing like 99-92% so it adjusts the faces size, then hit "e" again, select the panels height, or manually type it in again, and bam panels...

Pros and cons:

2b, is faster but on complex panels like T's or S's shapes etc, then it gets kinda hard, cause the way it sizes it up is around a median point, and its not uniform, but its quick, and when coupled with the extrude indivual faces mode, and in face select mode....you can size and panel rather quickly, for simple panel designs....

2a, can be fast if your used to it, but your basically manually modeling the actual panel lines, and gives you greater control of complex shapes cause you can link multiple selections together etc, to get the shape, and since you modeled the panel lines, all you have to do is hit "e" and now worry about how the "size" tool affects the panel lines....but since you cant manually enter the panel line thickness your have to use your eyes and judge it (not to hard imo)

i use a mixture of both, and find both very easy...

now for the clean up part, since you actually seperated the face from the model, you can select the "panel area" and hit ctrl-l, and not select the whole ship just that section, and rework if necessary or even start over etc, and the rest of the model is saved...if you want it to be "whole" again, just hit 'a' and then remove doubles and bam double verts removed...

If you need a picture tutorial, ill try my hardest to do one, (after thursday when i drop of the kids till sun)

As for my carrier, yea im still working on it, playing with ideas before i post a definate wip pic update so :p
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    :eek!::eek!::eek!: holy frak!
    wow, slick work there.

I give that fighter : :thumb::thumb: 's up.
    elitewolverine, please repost cleaned up top and botton view of the starfigher, and enlarged to same size scale as the side, fore, and aft one in png image format please?

I got jpeg-like pixalation when I went to add a dark back ground so I could use it as a desktop wall paper.
    there you go xraider, fixed the original post, instead of putting up a new pic in this post, its at the right size for you, i think because the image was above the file hostings size limit they choped it down, because it is originally in that big size not the 800x600 size or what ever it was...but i couldnt save it in bmp or png format so for now it has to be jpeg, cause of its storage size...
    thank you.

great images of a great fighter.

*the geek side of me begs to come out to play*

image shack allows for files up to 1.5mb, and, I would consider posting each view individually, that way, you're under the size limit.

takes longer, but is generally consdered worth it.
  • Hi
    I read this thread the first time
    ItA’s really cool, i like it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lukas
    My I ask are you going to do a recon version of this fantastic fighter of your?
    Hmmm free lance, ive never thought about it, as in less weapons and more engines etc, wouldnt know how a recon should look, i wouldnt mind giving it a shot though....just gotta know what one would expect from a recon version vs attack version etc

oh yea here is me messing with engine glows, the engines are just generic placement holders and not part of any model, but let me know what you think of the two different glows....(textures and lighting are nor my specialty but well see what i can pull off)
    I can't remember if you mentioned it or not but do you have dimensions (Height, Width, Length) for the fighter?
    Wilson: I dont think i ever did give the fighter dimensions, specifically, if i am correct the 302 was like 9m long and some 17m wide (i think thats somewhat correct, its about as wide as a f-14 and about half as long lol).

so going off that idea, Dimensions:
    Width ~ 19m
    Length ~ 21m
    Height ~ 4.5m

Armament:
    Guns:
    2 Main, Energy based asgard/human tech, used for medium/large ship attacks
    6 Secondary, Energy based asgard/human tech, used for fighter to fighter and pin-point attacks. Ranging from the equivalent projectile calibers of 70cal, 50cal, 23cal...2 of each

missle armaments:
    Max: 12 conventional space-missles (dont know proper designation)
    Max: 4 flack missles, 4 conventional
    Max: 4 rocket pods (each pod up to 32 short range rockets) 4 flack/conventional missles

Engines:
    8 manuvering thrusters, 4 used for normal everyday flying, the outer ones come to use for dogfighting
    1 asgard/human tech short range hyperjump drive named the "skipper Drive" for its short range recon or planet hoping purposes, or emergencies getaways

Sensors:
    -Mulitple sensors, able to track up to 50 targets at any given time, and aquire lock-on of up to 8 at a time at different ranges.
    -Gun sensor allows firing of up to 3 different targets at range, in any caliber combination
    -semi-science sensor for quick recon
    -Extended Range Radar, capabilities for planet system to planet system quick survey of ships (more like pinging of submarines)

Endurance: Capable of upto 96 hours of air, and semi-replaceable during atmospheric flight (scrubbers). to extend its air time. Fuel gives upto 4hrs of dogfight time, or upto 24hrs normal flight.

Operations:
    Long-range Fleet Defense, normal operation time is 8-12hr shifts with 24hrs of down time and maintance.

well here is another update pic, almost done with the front bottom half, then on to work on the mid/rear bottom half.
  • It looks amzing so far, great job!
    Thanks for that. It helps alot.
    Great work, keep it up and don't forget the up[date button for those of us who just has to drool!
    well boys and gals, here is what i have decided to do, way way back when i first started this thread, i wanted a corvette/battlecruiser type of ship to go with my carrier. And i wanted it to be somewhat like a oniel class ship, no hangars or anything like that for 302's (thats what a carrier is for imo), guns and more of them.

I wanted it to be bigger than the daedalus, but smaller than a ancient ship and much smaller than the Leviathan. As well, i like to try and be cannon, as much as possible, and build within certain limitations (although my carrier seems to be the opposite).

And since on the nights that im not at my Leviathan computer, im on another computer that has blender on it, i usually just fiddled with greebles or ideas etc, and never saved anything, just kinda like a virtual sketch board (since me and pencil dont get along). I figured hey why dont i actually start another wip up, so that when im not at my leviathan im on my corvette and i can help the two ships out.

So here is my corvette proposal (far from done, still working out the basic shape). After unending, the asgards gave us their stuff. And since i know oniel loves their stuff and so do well all the geeks. I figured a human/asgard hybrid was in order to help protect the carrier fleet, and not let the asgards go unforgotten. I mean after all, its all about adaptation and assymilation right?

So what happens when a asgard vessel and a daedalus get together? The start of my new ship...yes right now its not to oh wow never seen that before, but when im dont hopefully you can go hey that looks like a daedalus oh wait its asgard, no human, no, frack i dont know!

As for size? about 2-2.5 daedalus long....alright enough babling heres your pic