Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    God I hope so, but may I ask a stupid question what do you intend for direct support?
    I ask this question because how you laid this ship out launching dedtalus class ship if this ship was in transit and a ORI Mother ship attack it then as they say it went down with all hands on board!
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    Free-Lance wrote: »
    God I hope so, but may I ask a stupid question what do you intend for direct support?
    I ask this question because how you laid this ship out launching dedtalus class ship if this ship was in transit and a ORI Mother ship attack it then as they say it went down with all hands on board!

fighters, and tons of them....from what i believe just from the size of the ship and the double deck, it will be in upwards of 400+ figthers...launching ten at a time...the ori only has so many guns and you cant shoot them all...

with the main missle weapon on the fighters being a flack like missle to incompacitate the other ship, swarming on a target and unleashing hell even for a ori ship, especially once your within the shield part of the ship (best thing about fighters)...

and the main shields as well, its using a 3 shield phase idea, where there are 3 levels of shields, each one designed to take a certain amount of impact, so kind of like layering, the outside being the weakest but also the most pulsive(frequency changing), and the inner most being the strongest with less frequency change.

the idea for this ship, is if its knowing its going into battle, the daedalus are undocked, all 4, in hyperspace mode all 4 are docked, and in just flying about once it exits hyperspace, the outer 2 daedalus do a quick undock and setup a defensive position so they arent caught sitting, the only time all 4 will be docked is in hyperspace mode... As well as when in a fight and its knowing its going in hot, the shields are fully up, and actually using the most power even from weapons, it flys in, covers the battle scene broad side, to put distance between the friendlys and the foes, then starts unleashing fighters once its broadside, the daedalus will kinda be in the background abit, once everything is setup... Once the ship makes a big enough splash and attention grabber, is when it moves out the daedalus move in, and the ships shields are taken off overload, so that the weapons can help, at this point all the fighters will be out of the ship or at least the majority...

oh yea woot woot, updates tomorrow night, (sorry not tonight)....and i will do a sectioned ortho, meaning a 6 ortho render, but each render its own image, at least 2560X2040 in size for each shot
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    You are teh man Elite. Kudos to you and hey, kudos to me, I made my first pot of Egg Drop soup tonight and it came out perfect, miracles all around people. ;)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    fighters, and tons of them....from what i believe just from the size of the ship and the double deck, it will be in upwards of 400+ figthers...launching ten at a time...the ori only has so many guns and you cant shoot them all...

with the main missle weapon on the fighters being a flack like missle to incompacitate the other ship, swarming on a target and unleashing hell even for a ori ship, especially once your within the shield part of the ship (best thing about fighters)...

and the main shields as well, its using a 3 shield phase idea, where there are 3 levels of shields, each one designed to take a certain amount of impact, so kind of like layering, the outside being the weakest but also the most pulsive(frequency changing), and the inner most being the strongest with less frequency change.

the idea for this ship, is if its knowing its going into battle, the daedalus are undocked, all 4, in hyperspace mode all 4 are docked, and in just flying about once it exits hyperspace, the outer 2 daedalus do a quick undock and setup a defensive position so they arent caught sitting, the only time all 4 will be docked is in hyperspace mode... As well as when in a fight and its knowing its going in hot, the shields are fully up, and actually using the most power even from weapons, it flys in, covers the battle scene broad side, to put distance between the friendlys and the foes, then starts unleashing fighters once its broadside, the daedalus will kinda be in the background abit, once everything is setup... Once the ship makes a big enough splash and attention grabber, is when it moves out the daedalus move in, and the ships shields are taken off overload, so that the weapons can help, at this point all the fighters will be out of the ship or at least the majority...

oh yea woot woot, updates tomorrow night, (sorry not tonight)....and i will do a sectioned ortho, meaning a 6 ortho render, but each render its own image, at least 2560X2040 in size for each shot

please put borders around the images say, yay big(
    this as measuring guide), and please use png for best quality.

thanks.

and great work.
    I read what you said but my friend heres the point I was trying to make,
    The ORI only needs one shot to wipe a ship out!

Also if your going to have 400 fighters HOW BIG IS THIS SHIP?

I was thinking it was in the 1800 meter range but if you got that many fighters your going to need twice that size to hold them all!:D

I've always liked the idea of it being able to land a Daedalus Class ships.

My question is what would happen if this ship of yours got caught flat footed and was engaged before any launch what protection other then conventional means and shields would be it's support system while the ship launches the fighters?:confused:

And why I'm at it why does the Daedalus Class ships need to land on your ship other then to do repairs?:confused:

Not being dismissive of your fine work because this ship is awesome!:thumb:
    Free-Lance wrote: »
    I read what you said but my friend heres the point I was trying to make,
    The ORI only needs one shot to wipe a ship out!

Also if your going to have 400 fighters HOW BIG IS THIS SHIP?

I was thinking it was in the 1800 meter range but if you got that many fighters your going to need twice that size to hold them all!:D

I've always liked the idea of it being able to land a Daedalus Class ships.

My question is what would happen if this ship of yours got caught flat footed and was engaged before any launch what protection other then conventional means and shields would be it's support system while the ship launches the fighters?:confused:

And why I'm at it why does the Daedalus Class ships need to land on your ship other then to do repairs?:confused:

Not being dismissive of your fine work because this ship is awesome!:thumb:

lol no prob, well the deadalus was able to take two hits from a ori weapon with weapons engaged....

with this, the shields are using asgard implementation, and the pride and joy is the shields, with its three phase design, mainly aimed at the ori. If its caught in that type of situation, the weapons on the ship are locked and not usuable to ensure maximum shield strength till it can get in a position to defend itself or just simple run, but hopefully this can take 4+ hits before it goes anywhere near criticle

how long is the ship? damn long lol, before i started i was aiming at 1200m and 250+ fighters, but after i built the darn thing, and sized it up, the ship came to be ~5000m long, 4 deadalus capacity, with 400+ fighters, and civilian/cargo etc etc...

as for the deadalus docking....2 of the deadalus can be held internally, and that is for repair purposes, mainly, and more than likely if your in there, its being worked on, the outside 2 daedalus' are there for transport reasons....

it takes the daedalus 7 days or so to make the trip to atlantis on its own power, this ship is aimed at 3days, and with the ability to deliver 4daedalus to atlantis or nearby within those 3days instead of 7 days...

but other than being in hyperspace, the daedalus will never be docked except for repair purposes, so while in local flight, you will see a carrier and 4 or more daedalus having fun by....

and thanks for the questions, i dont mind any of them
    please put borders around the images say, yay big(
    this as measuring guide), and please use png for best quality.

thanks.

and great work.

no prob i will do that, but right now, the pc that has the carrier on it is acting funny and dying out half way threw any type of render with any type of scene, with anything including a simple box....

so to hold everybody over here is a small update on the fighter, next to a 302..its basically the same width, but much longer and heavier built
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    the fighter looks good man im loving what im seeing
    I would make the panels on the fighters' wings less pronounced. they look much to heavy right now.
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    I'm loving the new fighter. Can't wait for the orthos of the Leviathan & the fighter.
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Your fighter is defenitely nice...
    Ship not half bad either!

Oh ya, the fighter is the bomb!
  • freak^einsteinfreak^einstein0 Posts: 0Member
    the carrier design is realy cool amd all, but it has one disadvantage - the bottom has a blindspot... therefore it is a bit too much reliant on spacecraft it carries in my opinion... anyway, i find it's design really enjoyable...:thumb:
    Come on guy when is the NEXT UPDATE!
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, I'm getting antsy myself Elite, I love this design, butt you already know that. ;)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    eager for updates here, even if all you do is say 'still alive', lol
    agrees with guy/gal above me
    lol yea still alive, sorry spent the last few days with the kiddos before my divorce hearing and all that stuff, and havent been at the house that houses my leviathan project....although at the house that houses the 322...hehe...

after playing forza 2 and halo 3, i jumped on to do some more with my fighter (even played with glass materials, which is kewl cause i dont play with materials often, so its a treat for me)

any how here is another small update on the progress, of the engine parts and a few other parts, i redid the back engine though, not by much just a tiny bit, ill give a pic later for that

i fixed the paneling abit, as well as the double faces error i was having during farther out renders for the fighter (still have them on the leviathan that i need to fix, no big, happens when im really really really far out, scene render stuff)
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    lol yea still alive, sorry spent the last few days with the kiddos before my divorce hearing and all that stuff ...

Been there, done that. It's survivable. Me and new wife celebrated our 35th. Hang tight.
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice fighter...

One nitpich though - try to smooth the plating a little and shorten the gap between individual plates. I think this will make your fighter a little better.
    the fighter looks to be in fightin shape
  • drago-musewenidrago-museweni171 Posts: 0Member
    Wath a BIG ship nice nice nice :)
    Elowan wrote: »
    Been there, done that. It's survivable. Me and new wife celebrated our 35th. Hang tight.

anniversary or birthday?

how old are you? :O
    Carach look under his location it says 70
    wow.

sorry for putting it offtopic btw :P the new update of the fighter looks top class
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice fighter your almost done with it?
    I have a question though are you going to render any like short clips or movie with the Leviathan Class Carrier?

Just wondering, and what program are you using to make the ships?

Thanks,
    Mike
    mbradshaw wrote: »
    Nice fighter your almost done with it?
    I have a question though are you going to render any like short clips or movie with the Leviathan Class Carrier?

Just wondering, and what program are you using to make the ships?

Thanks,
    Mike

currently it really wasnt for any movie clips etc (to many polys imo) but i guess i could send it off to a render farm of some sorts if i did, but texturing isnt my strong point and if i did that i would probably want someone to texture it for me...

but currently im doing small sketches of scene renders i would love to do, one of hyperspace, one of just patrolling, one inside the main hanger waving a daedalus in, one of the fighters being released kinda like bsg style with thier viper scenes...one of it broad siding a wraith hive ship to save a daedalus and other fan ships (if they are released)....things like that, maybe even do a atlantis sky view from the atlantis deck, kinda looking up at it with fighters around and civilian ships etc...who knows...

as for the program, no matter how much i try lightwave or 3ds max, i always seem to go back to blender...so all my modeling is done in blender
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Well Blender is doing right by you or the other way around so I would not be too concerned about it .
  • acook59acook590 Posts: 0Member
    Would the landing padd for daedalus class ships really be all that useful? Can't it just be a huge version of a daedalus like ship with the proper nose etc
  • ThunderBrushThunderBrush0 Posts: 0Member
    Totally cool carrier but think it does look a little like a SW ship at the nose but its still awesome and the fighter is fraking awesome, it really looks like it belongs along side the 302 good job n keep it coming :)