Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Carach wrote: »
    anniversary or birthday?

how old are you? :O

Anniversary smart ass!:p I'm 70 going on 30.:devil:
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    acook59 wrote: »
    Would the landing padd for daedalus class ships really be all that useful? Can't it just be a huge version of a daedalus like ship with the proper nose etc

well the nose is actually a open port hole, split in half for two decks, for the 400+ fighters its housing internally...

the 'landing' pad for the daedalus arent really landing pads, and are soley for transporting purposes, they would never be docked while not in hyperspace...well they can be docked inside the ship for repairs and refits...
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the idea of the "from the deck of Atlantis" shot you're talking about, perhaps flanked by 304's just above the clouds. ;)

Also, sorry about the divorce man, I went through one a few years ago due to my wife deciding she no longer wanted to be married to someone with AIDS anymore. At least my current wife gives me emotional support and in the end, that's what a marriage has to be about, emotional understanding and support. You seem like a sturdy guy though Elite, you'll make it and don't worry, kids rebound just fine usually, I should know, I have 4.

Just do me a favor and be sure and finish this thing in the next year, I really want to see the final product before my health gives out completely. ;)

It looks great so far.
    oh yea crap forgot to post the pics for the update...this is just one of the engine sections im working on, pretty much done just a few more minor details and ill be set for that, and move on to the underside of the body...

and im almost done with the short story for this one and i think ties in pretty sweet with the asgard help of ours...or at least for a janitor like line that was in the leviathan class story line...

fighterupdateengine1018hk8.th.jpg

fighterupdateengine1101bp7.th.jpg

fighterupdateengine2101dy7.th.jpg

edit: thanks for the support everybody on the divorce, its tuff but its life, sorry to hear that darkfella, yea mine was young had many bfs on the side, i decided that the kids were hurting more cause of it than anything, ended it, now we are just deadlocked in who gets physical custody, although i think with her no job and living with 8people in one 3bdrm house has my chances pretty high on getting what i think is right for the kids...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    well im a youngen compared to you lot (at 18), my parents divorced 3 or 4 years ago now. Mum was having an affair and got caught by me and my younger brother while our dad was in hospital with some problem with his liver or something. She still didnt tell him until a month after he got back home.

Seems like divorce is pretty common these days eh. I hope the cheater(s) dont get to take half your house and belongings like my mum did (isnt the law great?)

Darkelfa: sorry about the AIDs :/

anyway..Neat looking engines elite. While some were talking about "why not just a big version of deadalus?" that would just be boring. Your model's fresh ;)
  • Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    I want to see more great job so far!
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    You know that engine setup looks like it could be quite a cool looking ship on it's own:D
  • Lantean_CanuckLantean_Canuck0 Posts: 0Member
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    You know that engine setup looks like it could be quite a cool looking ship on it's own:D
    He's right, I didn't know those were for Leviathan untill I reread your post. Nice work:thumb:
    Thanks Carach, I've had it for 13 years and I'm hoping to survive as long as I can. ;)

Elite, where will these engines go when they're complete?
    Aren't they the fighter engines?
    *peaks in*
    any updates? im eager to see more.
    I think Elite is still setting up his place.
    woot im still alive lol, worked late which sucked cause i had put away like 4hrs just to model today that got soaked up by work, but oh well...

my carrier is still alive, reverted back to a earlier save, no big deal, the only thing that i lost was part of the back cargo area, redid it abit since i cant remember what it looked like, but not to much going on, went to the drawing board to get some ideas on how to detail the bottom of the ship...

small update for the bottom, going to put 6guns on the bottom of the ship...now where to fit them is going to be my challenge, and as well as the gun type....added these like shield array thingys, that in actuallity are really kinda gaurding the belly area where the fighter repair bay is at...and breaks up the long big bottom section

later today, and after abit of detailing, going to do a fun little render of like 5 322's doing a fly by on parts of the leviathan, ie underside, cargo area and top hangar bays or something....
    It looks great Elite, I'm sure you'll continue to make it better and better. ;)
    thanks, well almost done with the fighter...just abit the underside left...

and the back story is almost complete, deciding between some names for the beast...

updated render for it, and once the under side is done will do a blueprint style render, or at least try to lol
    Where will you be posting the backstory?
    just a quick reply before i head off to a graduation, ill post it in here, is there another place to post it? if so ill post it there as well...along with the leviathan story
    How about the F-307a Firebird? ;)

I got the name from this RC airplane that sort of has the same config and is named the Firebird.

5002926firebirdza4.jpg
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    How about the names Typhon, Viper, Wildcat or just a crazy thought what about Wolverine class
    Love this detail!
    Keep it up!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    Wilson359 wrote: »
    How about the names Typhon, Viper, Wildcat or just a crazy thought what about Wolverine class

Interceptor class???
    thanks for the help on the names guys, Interceptor was a name i had choosen, as well as Wolverine (for its formidable animal abilities), and a few others including firebird there darkelfa...

but me being a man of myth and loving the myth, i dug, and i think found a suitable name Valkyrie, f-322 valkyrie.

for in norse mythology a valkyrie, is one that on a battlefield, chooses who is to die and join odin's army, as well as choosing who dies, odin sends valkyries to every battle. They are also, to cary those chosen ones from the battlefield to valhalla. They are usually seen with armor, riding pack of wolves that cover corpses in death...so its a pretty grusome yet, elegant personification if i might add...;)

and now for the backstory...F-322 Valkyrie...ill post update pics soon, im almost done :thumb:

As the leviathan was being built and near completetion before the asgard technology integration of 08'. The need for a new aerospace fighter to replace the quickly aging 302 was quickly felt in the presence of the pegasus galaxy. The daedalus and 302's were just out numbered when facing the dart threat of the wraiths. As well as being slower and less nimble than the darts the 302 lacked a functional-reliable quick escape hyperdrive to save the aero-pilots life in need be. During the initial construction and design of the Leviathan, many fighter designs were thrown around, everything from current fighter design integration to upgrading the aging 302 chassis. Nothing seemed to fit the bill of what was needed. A larger more nimble fleet defense aerofighter. Within 8 months almost 5 designs were presented and rejected for none affered any real advantage of the current 302. One young designer was up burning the late night oil, 2 of his designs had been rejected previously already, as he lay asleep on the design table, older asgard plans and current aero-fighter plans under his fingers. He awakes from a awkward dream, as he does, he sees the thors older warships and aerospace fighter sketchs almost over lapping each other, his mind raced and the design of a new fleet defense fighter was born. Integrating dual thruster engines on its wings for greater turning and speed, as well as a integrated small asgard guided hyperdrive capable of small distance travel for scouting or quick escape. Besides just being faster and just as nimble than the current 302, it was also being designed to carry the new heavy SpM-45. The SpM-45 was capable of using asgard helped technology to use a phase shield nose, that on a weekend ships shields were able to penetrate, and then release a flack like spray of slugs to disable the ships instead of detroying them. Being able to carry current generation missles, and bringing its capacity to 10, 4 energy based machine gun like slug cannons, and 2 energy based weapons on the wings from gauld and asgard tech rounded out its weaponary, allowed the new 322 to quickly win the fleet defense role contract, it was abit longer than its 302 brethern but the benefits outweighed it. And when Thor attended a small meeting to help with the hyperdrive implimentation, he smile at how the design came about and mummered "The Valkyrie" as he saw it rise from the runway and fly upwards towards the glare of the sun,
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: Works for me, great backstory. Love the name as well. Can't wait for the pics
    woot woot, finally a real update, i think im done with the f-322 valkyrie. I think any more detail i add to it will be overkill, well as of right now that is, so i think i should dub it v1.0 just in case i deside to revisit during the carrier building...and i even got the story out hehe

so here is a set of orthos to show it off. Each ortho is 1280x800, and in png format...ill do bigger ones, and i really want to do a blueprint type one, but for now i like these...plus gotta find a blueprint background i like

102807fbfighterorthoke8.th.png
    102807sifighterorthoch2.th.png
    102807tbfighterortholr1.th.png
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Sexy is what that is!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    I love these, they just got added to my 'little'(not so little)reference archive, and I just set the fore and aft view one as my wall paper, lol.
    the side views resemble a lizard.. ghekko or whatever is it?
    that or a baby crocodile :P

nice renders.
    You know with a little simple work this plane of yours has the ability to work in a simulor fashion like a raptor!
    Outstanding Elite. ;)
    I love this entire thread my friend I reviewed every page again from start to finish and find the evolution of this WIP of yours to be one of the finest out their!:thumb:

KEEP UP GOOD WORK!:cool: