Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    what happend to ur laviathan? i wanan see a textured render of it.
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Have you finished leviathan yet?
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Oh man "Necro" a no,no!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    still, shame it never got finished :(
  • Bob-WraithBob-Wraith0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice ! It would be awesome to see it with two Daedalus ships docked . Could you do that please ?
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    sorry for the slow responses, my 3d 'modeling' was put on backburner to work on divorce and other matters.

she still sits on my hard drive, i will be picking her up soon, right now my mind is flowing with the star trek wip i have going on, but that is a good thing.

because as my modeling block for startrek hits SG stuff kicks in....maybe i can do abit more for you all this up coming weekend
    Cant wait bro! But take care of real life first :thumb:
    Looking forward to it then !

Good Luck on your Divorce!
    meh, divorce
    life's a bitch, then u marry one eh :P

glad to see ur still around though
    well still going strong on this one, finishing up some details on the back side, and finishing some paneling.

here some new pics to hold you guys over, hoping to get this one done soon.

i feel my skills have progressed alot with this ship from start to finish and i can tell my progress in wire frames or how certain things were done.

cheers

leviathan2.jpg
    leviathan1.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    :eek!: Gee. That's a big juggernaut...
    They don't make them any meaner that's for sure.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet.... the Leviathan re-awakens!
    I absolutely love that ship!:D:D

Are you planning on putting guns beneath the Ship just in case the ship is attacked from the bottom.

:thumb::thumb:

Good luck with the divorce. Hope everything works out for you!
    ^ umm i thought about it, cause ill be redesigning the top deck guns near the bridge, not the gauss.

but i dont want to many guns (even though this has alot) because its mainly used as a shield defense...platform.

the side pylons on this ship are shield generators along with the bottom 'circle bubble' things.

my vision for a scene that this would be engaged in, would be coming out of hyperspace, going to max shield that even drains from the weapons, going in a side pattern between a hive and our ships, while doing this, countless heavy fighters coming out to attack (250+-) and then using its shield to draw weapons fire.

thats not to say that it cant fire off heavy weapons, but another thing, because this is a carrier group the main weapons holder is going to be this boy
    oniel112007.jpg

its main offense is going to be able to field a stupidly large amount of heavy fighter craft that i designed for this ship....reseen in this pic
    whitefightersideorthoeo9.png

and of course the 4 deadalus...so weapons on this thing is 3rd if not 4th down the list kinda
    Ah ok that makes sense. Plus how you described your idea for the Leviathan fighting popped a movie right in my head. :o

I love your fighter it is perfect. Like wow that is awesome. :thumb:
    How many polys is that fighter?
    its about ~59k verticies and ~57k polys (tris)...some more pics of it are in this thread i believe, that was a ortho someone requested awhile back...

i coined it the f-322 Valkyrie, and the backstory was posted on page 27 just in cased ya missed it :)

another update will be soon, im working to fully finish the plating on the rear (thats the spot thats most undone right now).

heres a idea i was throwing around to replace my 'old' energy cannon top and new one bottom

leviathanguntest1.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    These ships and fighters are just awesome, great work elitewolverine:thumb:
    well playing with a blaster effect for the top guns, im probably changing the gun design i have one out on paper that i really like.

anyhow here is a test image of the blaster effect, there is no special lights or anything, in fact there is only one 'hemi' light in the scene, and no texture effects either, let me know what you think

blastertest.jpg
    redone blaster, think this will be the one to replace my old one....

let me know what ya think cc always welcome

oh yea anyone got a wraith ship i can fire this at i so dont want to model one...

blastertest1.jpg
    its good to see my fav ship thread re-awaken!!!!! i like what your doing so far
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    the last post is 2 months old it hasnt been re awaken
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice shot red 2!
    wish there was a wraith hive ship you could use it would be awesome to see your ship firing at it!
    Necro is a NO,NO people.
    dear lord almost a full YEAR since i have updated or posted on this wip, and for good reason damn job lol

at any rate, as i attempted to restart this wip i just couldnt keep going with what i have done with it so far...why?

There is so many different techniques used to make this thing, that i currently feel, that continueing it in its current form wouldnt do it justice nor trying to fix techniques, so what is there to do? Redesign i say, redesign...Its already happened once although that was due to a HDD failure and loss of saves...this time of course is at my discretion. I will be using the main model though as my outline, and will be importing many things that i feel i did the right way, into my new mesh which i hope in turn, makes it faster for me to remodel this thing. As well the way i had all my objects and groups seperated was a utter mess i dont know how i did it lol ;). And a utter mess for texturing...

the only draw back i have is that i am currently helping with a video game mod for content creation, so it wont be as fast as i would hope myself (then again it might be faster than the wip time frame currently...)

hmmm pictures not loading, ill update those pics soon...
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    HE'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!! lol

i was just thinking of this mesh the other day...
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    HE'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!! lol

i was just thinking of this mesh the other day...

lol yea i know, sadly i would visit this thread every so often about once a month and just feel sad that i didnt have time to work on it...

hopefully the newer version will be liked just as much, its going to have 90% of the same shape, still dont know whay my pics are acting funny hopefully a update pic by tonight...and just for info, that gun on this page will be used, i absolutely love its shape...
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    welcome back.
    well looks like i got that pic, it was saving it without the .jpg extension, that was missing somehow. i changed some major structures in the back. and made it more uniform as the original had this big 'hole' in the rear area and i didnt like that. This is obviously just a block diagram, but its in that stage if im gonna change it, it better be now and not regret it later lol...

the two are side by side for comparison sakes between old and new. I feel the new design makes it feel more streamlined, like its main hull is trying to protray.

and yes the pyramid shape is a tribute to the SGU pyramid tower on destiny as well as showing some g'auld scheming as well. The other idea i had felt much to SW feel. The new rear wings are going to be more incorporative of Asgard Drive style instead of earths round style i previously had.

SGCcarrier_wip_040310.jpg