Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAd astra per aspera

1235»

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1906 CaliforniaPosts: 2,056Member
    I found a Spock and Seven-of-Nine I could buy, each for $30. I have a female figure, but I'd have to clothe her. I actually converted her to Cardassian.
  • wibblewibble1242 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 553Member
    That's pretty cool. Can't wait to see the Titan populated.
  • PleiadesPleiades33 Posts: 9Member
    edited May 26 #124
    This is really nice work. The interiors are really great on this. I have little time for making sure rooms fit into ships. Everyone just gets submarine space. :)
    Post edited by Pleiades on
    wibble
    Thank you @Pleiades. I have a tendency to make everything too big. And then I don't know what to do with all the space. :) Maybe I also should consider the submarine approach for future projects. Assuming that I ever finish the ones that I have already started.

As for the Constitution, believe it or not, but I actually have something new to show.
    1eelee37luwj.png
    Strange New Worlds convinced me that not every room with a window on the rim needs to be a quarter. So I decided to make the room behind the lower row of windows in the image above a gym/training room. Like the one we have seen in "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow"
    nqg8mnwbnef9.jpg

This is what I have so far:
    i1ltuw3k51w4.png
    And since this is basically an empty room with a mat on the floor I even dare to hope that this won't take long to finish.
    StarCruiserExcaliborLizzy777seanrevil_genius_180wolfman
    Saucer starboard docking port.
    z6x030eyrmrf.png
    mvepi655mcx0.png
    StarCruiserseanrLizzy777evil_genius_180CptBenSiskowolfman
    r65cvoypztr5.png
    StarCruisertrekkiseanrBrandenbergLizzy777evil_genius_180CptBenSiskoeagledocf15
  • trekkitrekki963 Posts: 1,414Member
    Nice Work!
    wibble
    edited June 9 #129
    Thank you @trekki, glad you like it.

Had to make the docking port much smaller to solve a scaling issue. It looks a bit lost now. Need to figure out what to do with the empty space around it. But I guess this is how I leave it for the time being.

61x1cuvr3coj.png
    bbhp5e0z3bly.png
    e640k7en5z1j.png
    Post edited by wibble on
    BrandenbergLizzy777evil_genius_180trekkirojrenStarCruiserwolfman
    Works for me.
    wibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804528 Posts: 11,160Member
    That's some really nice work. I especially like how you did the bussard collectors.
    wibble
    edited June 10 #132
    Thank you @Brandenberg and @evil_genius_180

Another view at the impulse deck. Slowly experimenting with greebles.
    v93ljrfudwk4.png
    Did add more light to the docking port. Just roughly placed.
    w1myy6aj7jxl.png
    Also added two insets for the docking clamps.
    ehjogyplhqqz.png
    I was planning to add more detail which a mechanical arm could actually grab but that would interfere with the doors. So either I make the detail sticking out or I claim that the docking clamps are magnetic or work with some kind of futuristic force field. Thoughts?
    Post edited by wibble on
    CptBenSiskorojrenStarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777BrandenbergExcaliborashleytingerwolfman
    Yes, great work.
    wibble
    wibble wrote: »
    I was planning to add more detail which a mechanical arm could actually grab but that would interfere with the doors. So either I make the detail sticking out or I claim that the docking clamps are magnetic or work with some kind of futuristic force field. Thoughts?

Magnets make the most sense to me. Simple tech is sometimes the best, as there's less chance of things going wrong.
    wibbleJayruBrandenberg
    Magnets make the most sense to me. Simple tech is sometimes the best, as there's less chance of things going wrong.

Good point.
    Thank you @evil_genius_180 Good point indeed. To be honest I was hoping someone would vote for the magnetic solution 'cause it will save me the modelling. :)
    In the meantime I did add more detail around the planetary sensor dome.
    gwarzg5nbtd2.png

evil_genius_180ashleytingerExcaliborStarCruiserBrandenbergLizzy777wolfman
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann678 Posts: 1,326Member
    I love that illuminated V!
    wibble
    wibble wrote: »
    Thank you @evil_genius_180 Good point indeed. To be honest I was hoping someone would vote for the magnetic solution 'cause it will save me the modelling. :)

I understand that. In fact, we'll just go on the assumption that all of my docking ports attach via magnets also. :lol: I never really thought about it, but saving modeling is always nice.
    wibble
    edited June 16 #139
    Glad you think about it the same way. Although, I feel a bit ashamed to admit smoething like that. Modelling is what this hobby is all about after all. And I feel like somithing is wrong with me if I get annoyed about modelling. But then again my projects have the tendency to grow over my head 'cause they are usually too ambitious for my skill level and I lack the patience to learn and adjust my skill level. ... hm, I guess there actually is something wrong with my approach to all of this. And I know what it is, if I'm honest to myselfe.
    Post edited by wibble on
    edited June 16 #140
    True, but in the grand scheme of things, a docking port is a tiny detail. It's not going to be seen that closely in a lot of use cases. Time spent not modeling something like tiny teeth to grab a docking tube can be spent modeling something else that may be more prominently seen. After all, there is such a thing as project fatigue, even for hobby projects. And, if at one point you decide to do a closeup, you can always do a more detailed version later.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    wibbleExcalibor
    True, but in the grand scheme of things, a docking port is a tiny detail. It's not going to be seen that closely in a lot of use cases. Time spent not modeling something like tiny teeth to grab a docking tube can be spent modeling something else that may be more prominently seen. After all, there is such a thing as project fatigue, even for hobby projects. And, if at one point you decide to do a closeup, you can always do a more detailed version later.

It's true. Docking ports are always spectacular in close-ups. Can't see em in your usual ship shot. It's actually slightly frustrating.
    Oh, I was going to say that I really love that sensor dome. Great design and convincing execution.
    wibble
    edited June 17 #143
    I just found the D-7 from @xiaorobear in the download section and couldn't resist.
    j4ewj2n0kxrb.jpg
    nuxkmx6j0007.jpg
    Post edited by wibble on
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777xiaorobearwolfmanExcalibor