Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSome Trek ship imaginings

• ashleytingerashleytinger2017 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    I love that hangar/cargo bay
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Ditto, that looks amazing! And I got a laugh out of the Type-box shuttle. :p
    japetus
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That Hanger/Cargobay is looking Sweet!
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771265 PNWPosts: 758Member
    Must be a new ship. The crew hasn't unpacked the shuttlecraft yet.
    evil_genius_180
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Ok, lazy crew finally organized that shuttlebay and broke down the shuttle boxes in time for inspection. ;) ;)

shuttlebay3.jpg

RekkertBrandenbergFreakevil_genius_180Lizzy777srspicerwolfman
  • seanrseanr1122 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    edited August 2020 #157
    That scale is MUCH better. I strongly suggest always modeling using real units and a reference object. The reference object can be a major part of another ship with a known dimension (like the saucer from the Excelsior or any relevant Enterprise (you can even just use a pair of cylinders - one representing the outer diameter, and one more or less representing the top to bottom extent of the main buge). Personally, I would toss in another reference object based on the general outer dimensions of a hypothetical bridge module based on the relative internal volume of your conceptual bridge (i.e., same size, smaller, or larger than standard).

The shuttlebay is looking great so far, too. :)
    Post edited by seanr on
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Seems so real. Beautiful!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The shuttlebay is looking great.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I'm going to miss the comedy shuttle's in a box... Very nice detail... looks great
    japetusRekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Beautiful progress on the shuttlebay!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I may remove that top railing and ladders....anyone have tips or sites, besides looking at screencaps, for doing star trek interiors? Obviously there are plenty from TNG, but that's not my era for this.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2017 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    I think the only time you'd see the hangar in the films is either TMP of TFF
    Worked more on teh shuttlebay....i think about the only thing I need now are some LCARS to liven things up...

shuttlebay6.jpg
    shuttlebay7.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Freakwolfman
    Looking great.

The hanger in TMP was a partial set with a matte painting set extension. So, I don't imagine there will be any references beyond screenshots of it. The one in STV was a fully built miniature set. The only schematics that might exist would be the ones Greg Jein and his crew probably used to build the miniature. I have no idea if they still exist or are readily available, though. Interiors and their schematics are more the domain of Rekkert and seanr. (I know there are others, but those two spring to mind first)
    Ok, stayed up way too late making a shuttlecraft for this, wife and kid were gone!. Pretty much done but I have to raise the stripes up a bit and find/make the Galileo cursive.

shuttlebay8.jpg
    BolianAdmiralZhor2395Lizzy777BrandenberglewisnivenFreakMadKoiFish
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice! I love the shuttles and the bay! Maybe it’s the location of the bay, but it’s kinda giving me a vibe of those loading dock areas on the flight pods of the Battlestar Pegasus.
    Looks fantastic. Not only are the modeling and textures on the bay and shuttles on point, but your lighting is spot on too.
    japetus wrote: »
    Ok, stayed up way too late making a shuttlecraft for this, wife and kid were gone!.

I hope they're coming back.
    Man that's beautiful. Love the floor. At some point you put a different number on the second shuttle, I'm sure.

I hope the wife and kid come back too.
    edited August 2020 #170
    Man that's beautiful. Love the floor. At some point you put a different number on the second shuttle, I'm sure.

I hope the wife and kid come back too.

Heh, thanks guys. They just went on a little trip for the day, so I had to bust to get this done, plus I'm expecting to get slammed at work in the next week or two.... added a new number and named the shuttles! I assume the numbers are based on how many shuttles the particular ship carries, although 5 seems like a lot to carry for the Enterprise, but maybe it's just a random number assignment.

Edit: updated the shuttles with glossier reflections...
    shuttlebay9.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenbergZhor2395Lizzy777FreakMadKoiFishsrspicerwolfman
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Awesome.
    Looks superb. I'm wondering if you can tone down the diffuse ever so slightly on the shuttles to curb some of that oversaturation without affecting the rest of the set. If they're white currently, maybe a very light gray? Also, maybe just a tiny bit of specular/metallic effect to them...
    edited August 2020 #173
    seanr wrote: »
    Looks superb. I'm wondering if you can tone down the diffuse ever so slightly on the shuttles to curb some of that oversaturation without affecting the rest of the set. If they're white currently, maybe a very light gray? Also, maybe just a tiny bit of specular/metallic effect to them...

Yeah, that's the plan...I'm also thinking the middle "cargo" area will become one whole door, where you can roll shuttles in and out of, and i'll move the "cargo bins" more off to the side into the back.
    I assume the numbers are based on how many shuttles the particular ship carries, although 5 seems like a lot to carry for the Enterprise, but maybe it's just a random number assignment.

It's really hard to say. I mean, the Galileo on TOS was number 7. Of course, they don't all have to be that big, but 7 Type F shuttles definitely seems like a lot. Especially since they make it seem in the episode "The Galileo 7" that the Enterprise had only one other shuttle. Though, to be fair, they were just kind of making stuff up as they went back then, but a lot of later stuff is based off of that.
    japetus
    edited August 2020 #175
    Had to share the lego shuttle my son and I (but mostly me, he's only 5) made loosely based on the Galileo 😆
    v1p7fkn48adu.jpg

afxu5kqf6yoi.jpg

evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777seanrFreakMadKoiFishBolianAdmiral
    Uh oh, it's been hijacked by Orion pirates!

Seriously, that's really cool.
    edited August 2020 #177
    Slick. I had a friend who played one of the Orions in Enterprise. He gave me his script.

Just love the shuttles.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    japetus
    Anyone ever used his software? I'm excited I found it as i was not really excited to make LCARS... hoping it can help me! https://www.lcars47.com
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I was working for a graphics company a few years ago and a haulige company was having an app created for all there drivers to use... i was given the job of designing the ui for it... unless its been changed since then there are drivers in the UK using star trek lcars every day to input there delivery information to head office.... ahhh makes me smile...

this is awesome.... and i what alexa should look like.... but then i'd have to get an alexa.. so maybe not..
    Ok I think the shuttlebay is done! Except for the wobbly stripes I just noticed! I musta tweaked my UVs...grr4jdd951z6sf7.png
    seanrBrandenbergLizzy777Freakevil_genius_180BolianAdmiralRekkert
    Except for the wobbly stripes I just noticed! I musta tweaked my UVs...grr
    Looks like it could also be a non-planar surface? Other than that, it's looking fantastic!