Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSome Trek ship imaginings

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Agreed on the windows and overall everything looks better with each iteration! Those angled stripes going down the "neck" seem a bit weird, but it might just be the angle.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice work on the textures so far. :)
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    edited July 2020 #94
    Thanks, yeah have yet to find the correct angle for that stripe, trying to do something like this on the enterprise' neck https://modelermagic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/MMM_KUHN-GLOBAL_GRUMERETZ_TIMESLIP_SS_TMP_REFIT_REPLICA_MOSF_JODOIN_PHOTOS_064-scaled.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    That doesn't look like the movie model. It looks like a modeler's model. That's not to say the paint isn't great.
    I'd say it's definitely not **the** model, simply because most pics I've seen that are that clear of the real thing are in its Star Trek VI paint, because they were taken well after the movie series concluded.
    yeah, dove down into my archives again, found the real deal...now i'm sorta going a bit more towards this: 50fgcivgneqz.jpg
    evil_genius_180publiusreagledocf15
  • ViperViper1679 Posts: 717Administrator
    Just a reminder that the closeup model is very different to the full ship miniature.
    evil_genius_180
    Viper wrote: »
    Just a reminder that the closeup model is very different to the full ship miniature.

Yeah, I know, here were some other ones I used as well, not the closeup, lots of interesting things going on. cizouw6dx14j.jpg
    oizs20nmyv19.jpg

Here's the latest, getting closer, overall I like it:

arge_front_v08.jpg
    ship_design_back_v09.jpg
    arge_back_v08.jpg

Viperevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777Brandenbergpubliusr
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2001 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Gorgeous. I love this ship.
    edited August 2020 #101
    Your ship is looking great.

As for the Enterprise studio model, I really like the look from Star Trek VI. Bill George was the Art Director on that film and oversaw the restoration of the filming model. With him, I suspect it was more than just a job, but also a labor of love. You can see a lot of work that went into that paint job in those last two photos you posted.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    japetuspubliusr
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I am loving what you are doing with this.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Looks awesome!
    I did prefer the warp crystals on the outside of the ring, but still looks nice. If I were making this a physical model, I would fill that space above the shuttle bay observation windows with the impulse engines for a nice lighting effect.
    And yes, this would make a great display model!
    Yes I was debating if that middle impulse should be scaled up by like 200%. Just hard to decipher how much impulse this thing needs. ;)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    You could maybe have the middle one as the main drive and the outer ones as secondary drive when the main is down for maintenance.
    srspicer wrote: »
    Looks awesome!
    I did prefer the warp crystals on the outside of the ring, but still looks nice. If I were making this a physical model, I would fill that space above the shuttle bay observation windows with the impulse engines for a nice lighting effect.
    And yes, this would make a great display model!

I agree, The warp core on the side does just add some nice detail, I moved it back and sized up the impulse engine. Think it's looking even better!

arges_back_v09.jpg

Rekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777seanrBrandenbergashleytingerFreakWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicer
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Fabulous work. :+1: :+1:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    All Vulcan crew here as well?
    publiusr wrote: »
    All Vulcan crew here as well?

All Vulcan with one really emotional human on board :)
  • ViperViper1679 Posts: 717Administrator
    The contrast in the panels for the rings are touch high right now. Other than that, excellent job :)
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Yea i think you've done a great job with this ship..
    edited August 2020 #112
    lol...well fixing the ring material..i realized Trace Reflections was off on my saucer and other materials...that would explain a great many things that have been going on the whole time. Who knows how that happened....suddenly things look even better! :eyeroll: :s
    Post edited by japetus on
    Got some more time to work on it...now that reflections are turned on things are working right lol. Might it be too colorful? I can't decide, that era was a bit colorful, especially the Excelsior. Added the diffuse just to show
    n6jwyhak24bj.jpg
    rt4uspphosc0.jpg

Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    I think the colour is spot on.
    This is one gorgeous Ship!
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I think it's just the right amount of color. Makes it stand out (I mean aside from the giant ass ring lol).
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    ^^What they said. I love the colours from that era and you got it perfect.
    Worked on grunging up the saucer map a bit, I found an old how-to by Tobias Richter in my files of how he did it, so I augmented that a little with more modern tools and looked at some of the closeup renders from the newer JJ movies, just to give it some more life. ALso started texturing the bridge as well!

saucer2.jpg

evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenbergeagledocf15
    Your specular mapping is fantastic, very reminiscent of the Enterprise in TMP. (before ILM dulled the paint)
    This is Stunning.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Can't really add anything constructive other than this ship looks lovely... can't wait to see her at warp... unless of course, she blows up.... and that's why this design was never continued...........
    japetus
    Getting close on finishing texturing I think. Here's a view of the front and the bridge, cuz you are all sick of the back probably, I ended up texture mapping the bridge windows, i'll probably put a "window photo" in there at some point... :)

arges_front9.jpg
    arges-bridge1.jpg
    arges-bridge2.jpg

ashleytingerevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777Freakwolfman