Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I really love the details you have there. Sweet work. Looking forward on the sensor work.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9799 Posts: 5,325Member
    These are part of the sensor work.

Sorry to disappoint some but I think the groove will get a bump map. The idea of creating something to place in there with enough randomization just gives me ulcers, I suppose I could look into shape merge or something other than using the path method or lay it all out and warp it to shape etc but dunno. Here is a sample with some leftover map from something else, Id likely render out a proper bump map from some greebles to place in there. Dunno. I sort of want to have modeled detail but the poly hit, already these sensors account for 150k polies.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    oooh nice..
    Well Im short by about 3 or 4 sets here so I will have to redo and add to it but this should give an idea. I had to loose those brackets as expected. Though I could shrink all of these so they fit in the pit better. As it is rendering out, it is looking rather busy. . . . O_o I might have to look at simplifying the outer greebles!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work there.
    Still amazing.
    Got lazy and imported some old junk from some older files containing unwarped greebs from the secondary hull. I think they do not do so well here as they did on the larger bits of the ship, almost makes me wonder if I should not re-address those areas of the ship as well. but that is it for tonight. I will likely redo those aft end details to scale better with everything around them. Then consider wtf to do with those sensor areas on the secondary hull.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I really like this, the one thing I would change at the moment is the curved impulse engine, I think I would have it just a flat slope because it suggests direction more than being curved
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,281Member
    Nice details.

Remember how Rick Sternbach even simplified the sensors when he came up with the details for Voyager?
    It always gave them a more pre-built compared to the TNG sensors, which always looked like they were completely customized for every leg of the ship's voyage:
    galaxytenforwardpan.th.jpg

BTW: Rick designed these for different areas, but maybe there's still something in there that might give you a few additional ideas:
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7497/kgrhqfg8e6zfyiophbonzfs.jpg
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1977/kgrhqjiwe6g3zohbonzgu2w.jpg
    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8177/kgrhqzh4e6gpgdyyqbonzet.jpg
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9821/kgrhqzloe6bzkn6rybonzfp.jpg
    Impulse, I was sorta going for that non directional look that the SOV sorta had and a few other fandesigns. But I was looking at altering it cause it is a bit "soft" atm, it looked ok when everything is plain and smooth. That area needs some attention anyhow.

Those greebs would eat a lot of polies through all those soft edges. I often refer to Gabes detail work done for that borg4d thing. But un-fortunately I cannot pull from that too much since these are long narrow pits. That and I have tried to keep it semi modular looking so it appears to be bits of something that can be socketed out and re-purposed or relocated. I have decided that I will likely unlazy and create new ones for this location. I'll keep those pics in the other monitor to see if I can pinch some ideas off of. Still unsure about if I will redo the ones in the secondary hull would have to yank them all out of the hull object :O Maybe Ill think about it while I redo that sensor neck thingy that was looking so clunky in those last clay renders? >_<

Fprgpt to add if you look a lot of the greebs in the secondary are lifted from Voyager. I also use (I think it was) IRML's voyager WIP, mostly that large rectangular greeb on the back and the decals. The single gabe image I have is really lq and jpgy.

btw it is very odd, I keep seeing posts in threads but the threads are not appearing. IRML's SOV thread for example. craploads of new posts but I have only see it show up once today in new posts!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Ok, after much screaming yelling and crashing of max I have redone it all and shrunk the pits and respun all the detaily bits.

switch to lightwave and that won't happen:lol: just kidding...as usual, your work is outstanding. you should do this professionally.
    I ran out of compliments pages ago :)
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    Insane detailing man! way cool! You make my OCD problems seem like nothing! :)
    New greebles done.
    Wow, that's some amazing stuff.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Wow, that looks fantastic!
    nice.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent.
  • Charles_13Charles_130 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing work!
    Ok the really boring $hit.
    Started windows then realized i needed to do something about that distorted texture on the panels. . SO I'm slowly cutting them in. Another trip down to the bay area so Ill be on the laptop and likely will not load up the 1million poly project. . . I might but I never get crap done when I'm visiting ppl. Lately been mucking about and doing anything but 3d. Shrug.

uh ok things are screwed up atm itll attach images but not to the post so I guess no update. Erm well they show up so W/E, since the last update uploadmanager has been really broke.
    amazing work there.
    Well that crap is done, we will see if I get the time to do anything over the weekend.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work as always
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    The more progress I see on this ship, the more I absolutely love this design. Best original design for the Trek universe I've seen on this site and the detail...just omg lol. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Right now those black/grey painted areas on the hull give it an "evil mirror universe" vibe; particularly the wing shapes over the port/starboard saucer hull. Have you thought about doing them in a blue or teal colour ala the Excelsior? It'd make those wings more reminiscent of the Fed seal too...
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    300 pages Sir. Holy **** :)
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    75 for me.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Love the saucer detail.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    This ship just gets better and better.