Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-D USS Enterprise

tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Well, there is a chance I might have to have a model of the TNG Enterprise soon - and my old model is about 10 years old - thus not up to todays standards. So I started modelling a high res model of the D. It will be a challenge with all her curves and windows, but IA’m confident this will turn out nicely. IA’ll base my model on the great reference photos of the 6 foot model that was sold for half a million at Christies.

So far, I did the base shape of the saucer and the warp nacelle. More to come...

Hmpf - I didnA’t write the letters in the header small - looks pretty silly that way... oh, well...
89538.jpg
89539.jpg
89540.jpg
Post edited by tobiasrichter on
Tagged:

• Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Well, there is a chance I might have to have a model of the TNG Enterprise soon - and my old model is about 10 years old - thus not up to todays standards.

Looks great. Say, this going to be a presentation peice to get the(rumored) tngR project going?
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    This is going to be awesome.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Sweet...Thought you was going to tackle the Reliant soon?
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    mexillent
    mexillent

No, Tobias is German. :p
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Great start... as has been said, this'll be awesome. :)
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    great! look forward to this ....will shurely be another masterpiece!
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for the nice comments. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the rumoured TNG remastering. IA’d love to work on that - as most likely all of you would - but I still have my doubts if it they will do it.

The Reliant is also in the works. IA’ll get back to her once the D is done.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    I'm in too :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Sweeet! the D is my favorite ship (i grew up on TNG), followed by the TMP-E :shiner:
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Whoa!!! This is going to be Epic!! Good luck with this!!

some ref links ( probably have them.. but couldn't hurt!)

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/ed-whitefire-enterprise-ncc-1701d.php

http://www.mutara.net/Christies/EnterpriseD.html

http://bruce-domain.blogspot.com/2011/02/part-1-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-d-studio.html (remember to click on all the parts!)
    Some nice refs on that last link... a couple pics I don't even have, lol.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Looks like a solid start
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Awesome! I can't wait to see this! I like the D and will love seeing all the detail that goes into this!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Still can't believe someone paid over a quarter million dollars for the studio model lol
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Sweeeeet!!!

It's going to be great to see this next to your model of the Ambassador concept.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    TMP Enterprise and now this! I'm giddy! :D
    At this rate, you might as well do all ships that bear the name Enterprise...heh.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    At this rate, you might as well do all ships that bear the name Enterprise...heh.
    A Sovvy good enough to rival Dave's baby?
    Is this 1701-D going to be "in scale" with your Probert Ambassador?
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Thank you for the nice comments. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the rumoured TNG remastering. IA’d love to work on that - as most likely all of you would - but I still have my doubts if it they will do it.

The Reliant is also in the works. IA’ll get back to her once the D is done.

I hear it will be harder to do TNG than TOS, if they do, do it, with the way they did TNG's shooting, etc.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    HavenA’t been able to work on her the last two days, hopefully this evening...

Thanks for the refs - although IA’ve got those already. The Whitefire blueprints seem to be the closest ones, so IA’m going to work mostly off these.

A friend of mine build a very nice Sovy model that still stands out very nicely - so I wonA’t have to model that for a couple of years at least :)

TNG remastered - yeah - not only would they have to redo ALL visual effects (even bridge greenscreen stuff) for around 150 hours of screen time. They also would have to reedit every episode (I think it was edited on video back then), probably redo the sound, and so on... I donA’t think it will happen. IA’m sure they could make a lot of money out of it and IA’d personally love to see TNG in a HD format, but it would require a huge investment upfront.

In scale with the Ambassador - well yes - scaling in the digital world is not a big issue, but I like to have my ships in correct scale to each other initially (a rule which I sometimes break - lazy me)

Timelord - it was over half a million (including Christies interest).
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    ah quality, I think I'm looking forward to see how you surface this the most

just one thing I noticed so far, you have little square insets on the back corners of your nacelles, I don't think they should be inset, I think they should be slightly outset as this was a vinyl sticker on the model

*EDIT*
    Hmpf - I didnA’t write the letters in the header small - looks pretty silly that way... oh, well...
    fixed that for you, there was a setting in the admin options
    btw I saw your post in the gallery thread, I think nico's bussards were just a texture and incidence angles

galaxy-nacelle.jpg

that's what I modelled inside mine, I think it's offical so maybe you could use it for reference for what you wanted to model in there
    89592.jpg
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    IRML, in response to your post: I always thought it was weird that there is that little room inside the nacelle. It'd suck to be that guy I think. You'd feel like you'd been sent off to the back waters of the ship. How do they even get over there? The pylons are so thin, not to mention curved.
    I thought it was a cool maintenance room, but I did wonder about how you get to it, all the more because there's a docking entrance right below the nacelle at the top of the pylon too, I wondered if that was to get to the nacelle or just another entrance

I guess because the ship is so massive even a thin pylon has lots of room to get people through
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    This is an awesome project to follow :D

Regarding the Nacelle, I thought they would just beam a person over to the Nacelle or have a staggered jefferies tube of some kind inside the pylon? :)
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Well, the pylon is almost as thick as one of the windows are tall... and the windows as seen from inside, are rather large... so I'd imagine there is a Jefferies tube, inside the nacelle pylons...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    probably a combo of a turbo-lift and walking/crouching via Jeffries tube.
    Though some of the curves on ships would in fact prevent the use of turbo-lifts, such as the ones on Enterprise-E?
    Unless they have site to site transporters within the ship that beam you to the nacelle from the secondary hull.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    H
    Timelord - it was over half a million (including Christies interest).

Somebody has some serious money to burn, wonder who it was..