Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-D USS Enterprise

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Beautiful work as always, Tobias. I could sit and stare at that render all day, but I have to go to work, so that won't work. (maybe tomorrow :devil:)
    andar_b wrote: »
    She's a beautiful ship, I find it hard to believe they decided it was a good idea to chuck a third nacelle on for All Good Things.

I'll agree with that. The original is so cool but they fracked it up royally with the 3rd nacelle and extra weaponry.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Looks great Tobias!! Congrats on finshing her!!! only crit is the bussards.. needs to be a bit more opague, or frosty and the glowing inside bits a bit more forward.. .. small crit.. but.. :)

as always.. an insperation for (maya) modelers!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Looks great Tobias!! Congrats on finshing her!!! only crit is the bussards.. needs to be a bit more opague, or frosty and the glowing inside bits a bit more forward.. .. small crit..

I agree.

But yes, the model is splendid.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm only posting this here because of my previous post, about a refit... I found a non AGT refit design that I think looks ace. HERE
  • floodcasso2floodcasso2259 Posts: 124Member
    ABSOLUTELY STUNNING work. I concur, they NEED you on board for the TNG remaster.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    ... a 22meter long rendering to be featured as the main artwork on a show booth at the upcoming GamesCom.
    :o

I wish I could be there to see that poster. This looks amazing. Smooth and seamless. I would make the transporter projection panels a lighter and less saturated color. Also I think the nacelle grills need to be a richer electric blue. Thanks for sharing the hardcore goodness.:)
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • eclipse74569eclipse74569171 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias....I'm....speechless...not only did you capture her gracefulness....she's also accurate! (Save what was mentioned a bit ago)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Earlier this week I finally finished her, finalizing the textures and the lights in order to produce a 22meter long rendering to be featured as the main artwork on a show booth at the upcoming GamesCom.

HereA’s a first rendering of the final model - more to come when I have the time...

:notworthy: absolutely amazing tobias! this is how the old bird should have looked; i love the texturing details. Unfortunately, its too good to be mistaken for the physical model :D
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    You forget how good the design on the D was... well You might not, but i do... Great work Tobias.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Absolutely gorgeous model, Tobias. I'm really looking forward for more renders.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful work, Tobias. I'm not gonna harp on the bussards since it was already brought up, but I can't find fault with any of the rest of it. Bar none the best Galaxy out there. :thumb:
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for your comments.

I tweaked the bussards a bit and some other details and tried to make a rendering (including a bit of postwork - glows and color correction) close to the vfx of "Farpoint".
    Thank you for your comments.

I tweaked the bussards a bit and some other details and tried to make a rendering (including a bit of postwork - glows and color correction) close to the vfx of "Farpoint".

if you could make a hi-res for my wallpaper, it would be greatly appreciated! :drools:
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    I'm sorry, my brain is still recovering. I've been wandering about muttering "22 meter long rendering!"
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Yeah, you definitely captured that Encounter at Farpoint feel with that one. I've seen that episode so much, I know the effects by heart. ;)
    if you could make a hi-res for my wallpaper, it would be greatly appreciated! :drools:

1080p isn't high enough for you?!

nope. 2000x1500 preferred :D
    Dang, dude. You must have a big monitor. ;)
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    absolutely incredible
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    I dont know what it is, but does the deflector look wider on your model tobias then it does in the screenshot?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    The deflector has a more Generations look to it... I like it.

The bussards are better than before, but your 3D software doesn't have a way to diffuse objects or blur them, like Prologic9 did with their bussards?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    To me, the deflector looks pretty close, but the inner band looks just a squidge more square than the original, perhaps it's my imagination. I think what really differentiates between the two is the amazing level of detail in your design. I bet if you were to apply some techniques to make it look as though a real camera shot your image, it would go a long way toward giving the impression of realism. That is, if you're looking for that.
  • 3DTEKO63DTEKO6171 Posts: 12Member
    The deflector looks "off" or "wider" because the vfx from the original screen cap are fuzzy and distorting the shape a bit.

Absolutely outstanding work. I went to school for modeling and animation and fell through to graphic design. My college buddy and I are getting back into it tomorrow and threads like this are an inspiration for me.

Would love a render without the VFX comparison :cool:
    Yeah, you definitely captured that Encounter at Farpoint feel with that one. I've seen that episode so much, I know the effects by heart. ;)

I have a 4:3 aspect ratio screen, so it kinda get's cut off, when set to Fill in Windows...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Use the "fit" setting instead. It will scale it to your width and add black bars to the top and bottom.
    Use the "fit" setting instead. It will scale it to your width and add black bars to the top and bottom.

I don't like the black bars...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    the deflector looks great to me, I think he's done an amazing job of matching the whole ship, I don't think I've ever seen a more accurate model here
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments. I switched to linear rendering for a more realistic light - I think there is a slight improvement. This time without the comparison pic. If anyone wants a bigger version - just add more stars around the ship :lol:
    90749.jpg
    Ooh, new desktop image. I freakin' love it, definitely very Farpoint-ish but even better 'cause it's in HD. :D
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    I don't like the black bars...

There's just no pleasing some people. :p
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    This might get me a pounding, but it would be nice to see it lit like the start of generations. Sorry i said it...

Or at least a nice dramatic set up.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    The new lighting really changes the image, it looks much closer to the original now.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio