Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-D USS Enterprise

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    :eek!::eek!::eek!:
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I love it, but it looks more like a painting to me. :)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I think my favorite part is the deflector dish.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    This might get me a pounding, but it would be nice to see it lit like the start of generations. Sorry i said it...

Or at least a nice dramatic set up.

IA’d love to try that, do you have a screenshot? If I remember correctly, Generations starts off with the Enterprise B.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    hmm.. some screenshots (avalible at Trekcore) of the Ent D in Generations that might be interesting!

edit:

Linear rendering??
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Tobias, here's a few I posted in my Enterprise-B thread. I found that your lighting will depend on if you want to light for the SD or the HD version. They did some massive color correction in the HD version of Generations:

grading.jpg
    generations_2.jpg
    hmm.. some screenshots (avalible at Trekcore) of the Ent D in Generations that might be interesting!

That lighting is very beautiful...better than I remember!
    hmm now that you have the Ent C and D... how bout some Yesterday's Enterprise Love!!
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    I switched to linear rendering for a more realistic light ...:

Welcome to the linear world my friend. Once you see the difference, you'll never go back.
  • dilbertmandilbertman0 Posts: 0Member
    hmm now that you have the Ent C and D... how bout some Yesterday's Enterprise Love!!

Hell yes!!!

Jim:thumb:
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    Welcome to the linear world my friend. Once you see the difference, you'll never go back.

True dat, been using it for a few years now. It really helps especially with realistic lighting on white objects I found. How did I ever live??
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    This might get me a pounding, but it would be nice to see it lit like the start of generations. Sorry i said it...

Or at least a nice dramatic set up.

Why would it get you a pounding?

Generations had some gorgeous shots of the Enterprise D.

@Tobias, here are some of the HD shots that have been mentioned... since TrekCore last I checked, doesn't offer HD shots for this movie. Click for full size image.

vlcsnap-2011-08-07-00h38m21s26.png

vlcsnap-2011-08-07-00h40m25s26.png

vlcsnap-2011-08-07-00h40m28s49.png
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    They do have HD screencaps actually. It's just not linked correctly from the main page. You have to go out to the Star Trek Gen Visual Media page to get to it. But like I said above, they did some heavy color correction to things, so you might want to double check the HD shots with the SD shots to make sure it's looking right.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/index.php?cat=62
    japetus wrote: »
    They do have HD screencaps actually. It's just not linked correctly from the main page. You have to go out to the Star Trek Gen Visual Media page to get to it. But like I said above, they did some heavy color correction to things, so you might want to double check the HD shots with the SD shots to make sure it's looking right.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/index.php?cat=62

oh, lol.

Well, I have both versions on disc... personally, I like the BR version...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    oh, lol.

Well, I have both versions on disc... personally, I like the BR version...

What do you mean by "BR" version? Yeah I thought they didn't either until I went snooping around the site a bit more. Wish they would fix that bug! :)
    japetus wrote: »
    What do you mean by "BR" version? Yeah I thought they didn't either until I went snooping around the site a bit more. Wish they would fix that bug! :)

BR = Blu-ray.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    BR = Blu-ray.

Duh...I'd just gotten back from a bike ride and was tired out... :rolleyes:
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Tobias, question: I think I read that you went with the 6 foot shape with the 4 foot detailing, how did you correct for the Ted Forward issue? Did you deviate from the 6 foot shape and thicken the saucer?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    Tobias, question: I think I read that you went with the 6 foot shape with the 4 foot detailing, how did you correct for the Ted Forward issue? Did you deviate from the 6 foot shape and thicken the saucer?

by Ted, do you mean the guy who sings acappella in the elevator? :p
  • Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    by Ted, do you mean the guy who sings acappella in the elevator? :p
    I thought he meant http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ten_Forward
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    A couple more renderings...

My main source were the pictures of the D from the christies auction - which I think is the 6 footer. I know that Andy Probert originally had conceived the rim windows to be just one level hight - and that they changed it to two stories when they built the Ten Forward set.
    90880.jpg90881.jpg90909.jpg
    A couple more renderings...

:o Talk about wow!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Been waiting for the right render to put up on the header. Got it. :)

Masterful work, Tobias. Really looking forward to a full scene with this girl. :)
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    There's a weird edge sharpening effect happening on the first render, round the bloom, in the recess areas, on that first pic. Otherwise these are great Tobias. I think you should have a little less ambient light as it goes a LOT further with Linear rendering than it does otherwise.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Awesome, tobias! That light being cast down from the deck one windows is a great touch. :thumb:
    I'm loving it.. and as always.. you do GREAT work.. but the renders... just not doing it for me.. to me its to fuzzy.. i know your trying to do something.. but.. still.. :)

Still love it!!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I love those renders, they're very authentic to the effects shots from the TV series, which I love. Awesome work. :thumb:
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Damn it, where did I put that drool cup?

Seriously, this is fantastic work!
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    I just realized Tobias still hasn't answered my question yet :P

From the looks of the pic, it looksl ike it's got the 4 foot saucer rim detail but the 6 foot width which means it's far too narrow for a pair of decks in the saucer rim. Or am is my eyesight just that bad?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    I just realized Tobias still hasn't answered my question yet :P

From the looks of the pic, it looksl ike it's got the 4 foot saucer rim detail but the 6 foot width which means it's far too narrow for a pair of decks in the saucer rim. Or am is my eyesight just that bad?

Yes he did :P lol

I think Tobias said he based this particular model on the one that was on Sale @ Auction, but I have been unable to find information if it is the 6ft or 8ft model.

BUT having looking through some other pictures, there is painted hull damage on the secondary hull, so I imagine this is the 8ft model used for GENERATIONS

Actually looking at the picture myself, I am not sure which size it is, but I have found a match for your picture.

CGI Picture
    attachment.php?attachmentid=92023&d=1312887273
    Auction Shot, Ref Photo
    kg_1701d_studio_model-062.jpg