Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-D USS Enterprise

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    How do you get the HD video quality...
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    That is absolutely beautiful.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Something I would add is a faint light casting by the nacelle grills and bussards... if you want that of course...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    Yes Tobias, that's it !!

This is really a fantastic model. Hope you'll create some nice animations with it.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Love this thread, Great video.. Just goes to show all you need is a good model... (i know lighting and texturing)

but no need for frilly bits around the edges.... nice :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Dude, that's freakin' awesome. :thumb: Thanks for the 1080p, I watched it in fullscreen on my 1600x900 monitor and it's beautiful. :D
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    That was unbelievably awesome!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    I really wish I can make my renders look like that...
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    How do you get the HD video quality...
    youtube has a beta player that is messing things up at the moment, I had to go here and opt out before I could see HD resolutions again

http://www.youtube.com/html5
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    IRML wrote: »
    youtube has a beta player that is messing things up at the moment, I had to go here and opt out before I could see HD resolutions again

http://www.youtube.com/html5

I meant in a render. I can watch the video in HD.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    *Jaw Drop* wow :thumb::o brilliant
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks amazing!

OMG! I just died. :D

Some of those shots look like CG...

404631_282429631817310_100001508260548_818076_12169125_n.jpg

That looks nothing like the 4 foot model... and that's the only model I've seen used in this particular angle...

unificationpartone017.jpg

It bears a striking resemblance to your model Tobias... ;) Unless it's just me seeing that...

409060_282446935148913_100001508260548_818142_1799882942_n.jpg

Original on the left, HD on the right... :p
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    All I have to say: :notworthy:

If they've replaced all of the footage with the 4ft model with CGI then I'm very happy, I don't think that model would look too good on HD.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Apparently they're Cging shots they couldn't find the original negatives for. And I noticed they've definitely opted for a "6 footer with 4 footer" details for the E-D.

Apparently Rik on this thread is a studio insider, but he's not confirming or denying it: http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies-north-america/172549-star-trek-next-generation-coming-soon-blu-ray-116.html
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class

Sorry, one sec. Tobias, by saying "check out the pics" are you implying the big secret project you were working on was CG replacement of the enterprise in TNG remastered?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I'm putting $100 on "yes". :lol: Picked it months ago. What a massively big deal, Tobias! Congrats! :cool:
    Let me prove that I picked it months ago...

Comco wrote: »
    Date: 12th Sep 2011

Ha. Just read this news today after I came across the slashdot article:
    HD Transfer of Star Trek: TNG To Arrive This Year
    http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/11/09/11/0138226/HD-Transfer-of-emStar-Trek-TNGem-To-Arrive-This-Year?utm_source=feedburnerGoogle+Feedfetcher&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Came in here to see if there was a thread already or if I needed to start one. :)

This sounds very promising. I have to say, I am surprised. I can't begin to imagine how expensive it will be to rescan every episode and redo all the effects. I just hope they pick a good company to do it.

I wonder how long it will be until Tobias can tell us that this was the other project he's worked so hard on building his Galaxy-class model for. :cool: ;)

:lol:
  • Flat EricFlat Eric331 Posts: 7Member
    Outstanding model!!!!:)
  • 3DTEKO63DTEKO6171 Posts: 12Member
    The HD video of the flyby is amazing work. If the fact is Tobias built the CG model for the studio then I feel I have witnessed, before many other people, the re-production of my most beloved starship. I don't model anymore, but stuff like this is what keeps me checking back. Thank you!
    Go take a look at the bottom view of the big E that Tobias posted a few pages back and compare the lit window pattern with the lit window pattern on that screen grab in this thread. It's his. :)

Count the lit and unlit windows. The pattern is identical.
    Comco wrote: »
    Go take a look at the bottom view of the big E that Tobias posted a few pages back and compare the lit window pattern with the lit window pattern on that screen grab in this thread. It's his. :)

Count the lit and unlit windows. The pattern is identical.

I had a gut feeling... at least they used Tobias' model quality, instead of CBS digital's like TOS. As his model blends well with the rest of the stock TNG shots.

This is a REALLY BIG leap, but who thinks the Excelsior is the for the same purpose...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Yea, I saw the orthos yesterday (not been able to look at Scifi-meshes much recently) and noticed how familiar they are. I mean Toby didnt really match up his window planes with the original model quite the same, that's what gave it away for me, heh.

Funny thing is, I found myself here after being on the blu-ray and trekmovie forums discussing a "potential CGI replacement" despite the Okuda's claims that it wasn't happening, lol.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    WOW! i beg of you tobias, please make a shot of http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/s1/1x01/farpoint1_116.jpg (minus the viewscreen, of course) - i want to see the backside of my favorite starship! :D

truly awesomeness! :notworthy:
    I believe Tobias previously stated he hadn't built the seperation componants and wouldn't until he needed them :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    funny thing is about a year ago homer asked me for my one, and I did model that bit, so he could do a render of it himself if he really wants
  • trekker670trekker6700 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    I believe Tobias previously stated he hadn't built the seperation componants and wouldn't until he needed them :)

Interesting, a new shot from TNG-R released at TrekCore today shows a CG replacement of the E-D separating from EoF.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    IRML wrote: »
    funny thing is about a year ago homer asked me for my one, and I did model that bit, so he could do a render of it himself if he really wants

in order to do that i'd actually need to learn some lightwave. And i completely forgot about that - thanks again for that. lemme see what i can do....
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    trekker670 wrote: »
    Interesting, a new shot from TNG-R released at TrekCore today shows a CG replacement of the E-D separating from EoF.
    Why do you say that's CG? Didn't they even re-use those elements in Generations?
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle