Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF's Romulan uh, STUFF! =-

1235»

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, I love it.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Well here one of the renders if not both you can see the drawbacks of using texture maps, it blurs off oddly the bump maps does as well. I tried displacement but lots of sipeing and strange mesh errors. My maps are HUGE so it is not a lack of pixels. 2200X6900. I will look into adjustments over time. I know one thing I do not like is MAX default blur that is applied to all maps. (going HUEG sorta deals with it but not 100%)
    As you can see I have some work to do on my gloss maps (spec and shine) I think something not so strong is needed and possibly stuffing a aniso shader on it all should help too. Likely I will just set gloss to the panels with a mix map for some noise to break it up.
    I only have a few places to map up such as nacelles (gonna be fun since they are clone objects (the tilt is annoying to work with so I clone em from a master and max does not parent materials changes nor material ID default) And I will probably map the sides of the central hull. The underside will be dealt with later on since it is unimportant to my uses right now. Once I get all the diffuse where I like it I will return to the KSS. I still have some modeling to do on this thing too such as the mentioned details on the round bits between the main impulse engines.

In the future I might come back and model in all these hull details and just leave gloss, ani etc mapping. Time will tell.
    rom188.jpg
    rom191.jpg
    rom192.jpg
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Romulans always did have the coolest looking ships.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Nacelle gunk. Layout was fast so it shouldn't take too long to fill in. (famous last words)
    rom194.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Are you going to finish up that edge loop tut any time soon? I would like to read that. As far as the model goes....you know I love it when you do alien vessels....looking forward to next update
    done, now probably on to the sides of the central hull.
    rom195.jpg
    rom196.jpg
    Edge loops, uh I do not even think I started one on that. I might have considered one at one time but just never go to it. I probably will not do any tuts any time soon. Lots to do in the next 3 months if stuff pans out.