Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF's Romulan uh, STUFF! =-

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Decided I should split these things up since I feel that having the single thread is making it hard for others to know something new is up. So as the tytle says this thread will be where I put Romulan projects!

First ship is a TOSish re-imagined Romulan ship. I am not sure if I would call this a BOP, Warbird etc. Goal with this is to create a foe ship to be pitted against my re-imagined/re-visioned TOS stuff. Mainly the Lethe and her spawn. (my connie would do as well)

Current size:
L: 714.5ft = 217.7m
W:968.5ft = 295m
H:157ft = 48m

I am attempting to bridge known designs for the Romulans take into account changes to canon and adding my own thing to it all of course. I suppose this ship could be used as a alt design for known TOS/TMP. Everything is fairly temp, just rough block ins. Mostly the body and wings are near stable and could be the objects used in the end.
To note I am not stopping my other Projects, this was started since the system I am on right now cannot run those projects too well. This one I foresee as being a issue in a week or so but by then I hope to be out of this condo.

I will add more ship info as I uh, make it up.:evil:
Older images are over here:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?18837-MadKoiFish-s-Trek-Crap-p&p=489796#post489796
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.
Tagged:

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, I liked it when I saw it in the other thread, but now I love it!
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Cool shapes, nice design. Really like the feathers and the nacelle shapes. Looks more like after movie era/ before next gen to me. Like a contemporary of the Enterprise C.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Mad, that model would be a perfect Rom frigate
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    It's a beautiful ship, I myself do a lot (albeit low poly) TOS modelling. This is sure an outstanding design, I envy you for such a creative mind, I have extreme trouble trying to come up with original designs.

It would make a perfect TMP design, sort of like a rival to the Miranda class.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Some more small changes. Still some details left to decide, mostly on the underside and aft areas.

These are some of the ships it would coexist with:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=34931&d=1262769776
    attachment.php?attachmentid=34811&d=1262429980
    attachment.php?attachmentid=31303&d=1253143629
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    I've come to expect a certain level of creativity and awesomeness from you over the years, and though I don't post a whole lot, I'm always impressed by what you do... This is no exception. Keep it up MKF!
    New feathers
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Whoa.. this is gonna' be cool! Now I gotta look up some of your other works!!
  • SargasSargas0 Posts: 0Member
    Do You like new JJ ships style? I think thet Kelvin is an interesting ship. I hate old Romulan designs (before TNG), but Your work MF is great!
    JJ's rendition of the Enterprise was terrible. Looked as if it was designed in the late 24 century. The Kelvin looked as it should have, an old lady still commissioned.Mads rendition of a heavy cruiser,light cruiser, and destroyer fit in well with what the new movie should have used. Notice hull lettering, decals.
    For the "Enterprise" series ships, poo on that crap. At the time period for the models above, structural integrity field tech would not be as advanced, so sticking to the idea Gene stated that a Saucer Shape would produce the most efficient warp field, the kelvin, and Mads designs would be the most logical for the era.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771265 PNWPosts: 758Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    New feathers

I envy your ability to come up with designs. I seem to have trouble conceptualizing like this!
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    wow that's a really good design ! :thumb: Completely unrealistic but that's what makes it so great. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Attempting to bring the nacelles and "struts" closer to some of the concept images.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I really do like it when you do Alien races....Looks fantastic!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wonderful, it's lovely to see such an idea.
    Thanks everyone,

Here it is in green, decided to give it a go, materials are no where optimized to this colour I just changed the diffuse colour leaving everything else alone. And yeah, the green is a bit to yellow. It probably should be more of a pasty bluegreen.

Scale is something I am becoming concerned with that black spec on the main hull is my 5'10" asphyxiated Alice. At 218meters a trek ship is a nice size inside small but not huge, this thing though that length and hull design makes for a cave inside. I am also concerned if something is not whack with scale on this machine.

I am really at a loss as to what to do with the underside of the central hull and the "struts" in these renders you can see I have altered them a bit to tighten things up more and define shape vs some bloby organic form.
    place 2 forward firing disrupters on the underside, as well as 2 oblong objects, ending with the main thrusters
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    im loving the ships, the romuan is coming along nicely, but im just not too sure on the necells...but the fed ships look amazing
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Why not design a pulse electric cannon thingy similar to the one in TOS for the underbelly? Just a thought
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Very cool stuff I see here! Excellent. More please! :)
  • baxartbaxart0 Posts: 0Member
    Super sweet!
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    These are some of the ships it would coexist with:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=31303&d=1253143629

Any plans on releasing these bad boyz?
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice design as well as modelling. I wonder what it would look like with a "tail" attached.
    Some stuff collapsed and optimized the wing struts. It is a bit busy on the belly but I hope it will clean up in time as I move along. The nacelles are next on the list. Dunno when I will get to them last push to finish up with IRL things.

Additional note, the thing in the belly is not a photon torpedo bay. That if I place one will reside further up that spine thing or elsewhere. (or it'll get a disruptor array)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice.
    What is the 'thing in the belly' then?
    Aresius wrote: »
    Nice.
    What is the 'thing in the belly' then?
    Probably a plasma emitter for the TOS romulan FTL plasma weapon. (not sure yet)

Early nacelle work. Need to work on the efx stuff some on the end bit. (need to get faces at a better angle to reflect the lighting.)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The naceles are looking good Madkoi!
    Just to give a idea how they will work on the ship as a whole. I really need to figure out what will be going on in the belly area, so busy and messy down there atm.
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh this is shaping up beautifully mate! It's great to hear you're thing about having both the plasma weapon from the TOS and more TMP era modern torpedoes included in the design as well.
    Well I figure that since the feds had em that the roms would after 100years as well. Not too sure if any of the Klingons ever sent any aloft in TOS but they did if memory serves in ENT.
    Some views of a solution to the "mess" I like it caus eit creates a hint to those open bits on latter ships and give me a nook to put thingies and light up. It also represents sorta the breastbone. I would like to narrow the center area some more, but I am not anywhere near wanting to redo all of that matching up cleaning and re welding of bits to do so. Not to mention the base of it could, COULD be a forward bay or observation deck. Not to mention it does look nice from the bottom. Tighter together will introduce a funky soft curve.

Now, right now I have that warp cutout or similar aft belly detail seen on the fan tailed fed designs. I had this added to fill that hole and give more interior room and something for possible lights to bounce off of. Right now it is sort of redundant. I am not sure if it should stay or go.

Oh, yeah. I tinted her a blue/green egg sort of colour for the heck of it.