Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF's Romulan uh, STUFF! =-

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    They do indeed, I see the resemblance.
    Sweet work here.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The trek novel Serpent in the Ruins mentioned a Romulan ship called the Tomed. I think you have nailed its look.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Some small updates. Moved the paired disruptor cannons to a set of centrally mounted ones. Drawback of this hull layout is obstructions to ship weapons.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Sort of not feeling these radiators. They were a good idea at the time but now I dunno. Maybe too high. :p Added more details onto the upper wings.
    Moved those heat sinks about some. (originally I just lowered the height.) New plasma gun with accelerators. some doodads in the upper wings and lower flush vents.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Love watching your designs evolve. Also like the update to the plasma launcher.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Now that's one slick design !I love the way you added details to the inset so that they aren't visible all the time. By the way, do you do animations of your ships ?
    Nice work.
    Those wings are really one wonderful thing.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    just had to pop my nose in here. Awesome job, MKF
    I have cut a hole behind the neck to allow some "command" crew windows. not sold on this, it is just a lets see how it will work out. (windows are blown out since it is just a white light material glowing all over the place vs real windows) Above it you can see the new mount that is cut into the hull vs some shape suck onto it. I am arguing on what to do to break this central hull up and not make it look heavily greebled up like a post NEMESIS Romulan ship. I could just leave it and just add a few panel lines across it. I might just do that.

To note I am back in Auburn to finalize things and that means I am on that "laptop" again. This project has grown enough that it is slowing down some. SO as much as everyone might hate it I MIGHT just be starting yet another project for something to do up here.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Ugh no, not another project! We can't take any more of your awesome work! :p
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The modifications you have make the head of the bird more distinct I should think, which also serves to break up the smooth surface without greebles. perhaps some lines along the back for a deflector grid? Of course with a darker paint job, you might not even need any more details.
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Wow... compared to how goofy I always used to think that feather pattern looked, this is pretty damn cool.

Also, that Suwako avatar is freaking me out.
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    I'll de-cloak long enough to say that's one sweet looking rommie coming along there MKF.
    As is obvious she has changed colours. This is done to better follow the post TNG era. YES I said TNG. Decided to move her to this era. There are reasons beyond the earlier ones but I will keep those to myself :p
    Anyhow this render is to test out some wing patterns. Not sure if I will model them or just use textures.
    rom131.jpg
    rom132.jpg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    beautyfull, just beautyfull!!
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Splendorous!
    Some more textures. Keep in mind these are just simple hand drawn things to see how things layout. I may or may not cut these into the hull and just do them as textures in illustrator or something else. (illust isnt installed and old cs2 or something)
    rom135.jpg
    rom134.jpg
    freaky greenish bg lol
    amazing, I love your level of details.
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Superb workmanship is an understatement!
    Probably wasted this last hour or so on these since the while bottom of the ship is not as important. But since this while area is different from the top well fff.
    As well I separated the smaller feathers and split the larger ones in an attempt to ad more visual detail and better resemble the post NEM era.
    Long and short, it DOES mean that I will at some point need to do another BOP for my TOS era junks. >:D

Oh yeah this is all rendered in diffuse and sans alpha (seems max cant take png alpha and maintain the transparency, it defaults to the old gif style alpha) I did this mostly to show the pattern off. Final patterns will have less of this "outline look" but will more resemble the ones on the Valdore.
    To note as well on all of these patterns, there are slight variations, this is so I can see how each looks on the ship and then pick one. Granted each feather will have slight variations.
    rom139.jpg
    rom138.jpg
    Last updates for tonight. These parts are light gray just so they can be seen. The side rib things are probably going to get trashed. Too big and well it just did not pan out how I pictured it mentally. Last render is close to the angle I will be using this model at. So it should give a fair idea of what parts I will spend my time on. Unless it is something major that would affect the top parts as in wasting time modeling in things that would have to be redone etc.
    rom142.jpg
    rom140.jpg
    Damn, those detailed tips are awesome!
    Lovely work.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that is one incredible ship and on top of that the textures are shaping up really nice as well :thumb: I'm sure you will take the details to the right direction - looking forward to seeing them !
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    wonderful! you give the romulans enough honor to be worthy spacefaring opponents....!!
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    It's a shame about that angle you're looking to use it for, since those "eyes" at the front make this ship look particularly menacing!
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Pepperman takes copious notes on the texturing scheme. Looks better and better mate.
    A lifeboat, since the Valdore has em this thing probably should as well. Considering a small row on the area behind the head as well as where they are now. Not too sure a 217m ship would require that many, things are roughly 8X8ft (the caps)
    Plans are to look at stuffing a shuttle bay into that flat curved area between the primary Impulse, maybe add some sort of inset for windows below the aft disruptor, and some small detail bits to make the wings and stuff less "chunks" of polygon. Then it is major texture time I think. Maybe some windows here and there too but anything more and I think itll start to clutter up.
    rom143.jpg
    rom144.jpg
    Nice work,I like em, they really fit in.
    The feather textures are nearly there. Need to mix in the panel maps into the main texture I think This will avoid that not aligned look the "box" pattern has on a few of the feathers. (can just see it in the lighter panels. ATM it is just the master and the box panels in a mix shader)
    rom164.jpg
    rom162.jpg