Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Any updates? Still lookin to see the completed bottom side. It was lookin sweet so far!
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Pegasus your right their was no keel side of this model!
    I am going to put a stop to this, we need to quit arguing, and put our "family back together again, " You all need to understand that each person is entitled to their opinion about the valkyrie type battlestars, and the others in the scorpion shipyards. Yes there are valkyrie type ships that have 6 engines, and there are types that have 4 engines, this is due to engine upgrades, and other updates to ships, also there are other galactica type designs that are indeed larger the my "bucket". As far as the "roll bar" as some of you call it, i will not get into what that is at this time, as I cannot divulge all fleet secrets at this time. So quit bickering and get back to getting my birds put back together so they can fly, Admiral Adama
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    wow, cant argue with that logic, now can I?

"Sir, yes sir!"
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    I am going to put a stop to this, we need to quit arguing, and put our "family back together again, " You all need to understand that each person is entitled to their opinion about the valkyrie type battlestars, and the others in the scorpion shipyards. Yes there are valkyrie type ships that have 6 engines, and there are types that have 4 engines, this is due to engine upgrades, and other updates to ships, also there are other galactica type designs that are indeed larger the my "bucket". As far as the "roll bar" as some of you call it, i will not get into what that is at this time, as I cannot divulge all fleet secrets at this time. So quit bickering and get back to getting my birds put back together so they can fly, Admiral Adama

Call the men in the white coats, one of the inmates has escaped from the mental ward.
    rotflmao!

*grabs his phone, and dials mental health services*
    "hello? um yeah, I think we have an escaped mental patient wandering around the street claiming to be a Colonial admiral from battlestar galactica".................
    *laughs himself senseless*
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    I love it - join the site over twelve months ago and that's the only post.......
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Considering the response its likely to be his last post too.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    agreed. I thought it was was rude.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Not to mention odd.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    *I'm* odd?! And the bloke who thinks he's Admiral Adama is perfectly normal I suppose? Well, I guess considering this forum's membership as a whole, yeah, maybe he is the normal one. :rolleyes:
    JDR wrote: »
    *I'm* odd?! And the bloke who thinks he's Admiral Adama is perfectly normal I suppose? Well, I guess considering this forum's membership as a whole, yeah, maybe he is the normal one. :rolleyes:

I believe Infinity was talknig about the nutty Admiral and not you.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Oh my, my I think we can actually claim our 1st certified Loonitick, with dilutions of GRANDURE on our very own web site , there goes the neighborhood!

How come we get them instead of F/X people who want to employ these magnificent ARTIST!
    We don't get all the wrong breaks( and nut jobs) around here!

I 238, love what you got so far keep it up!
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Darkone wrote: »
    How come we get them instead of F/X people who want to employ these magnificent ARTIST!

Because a) we tolerate mediocrity and b) nut jobs are allowed considerable room to practise their afflictions.

M
    Well tried to address the battlestar valkyrie issue with some humor, and some people got to make it seem as though everyone here has to attack the other. The only thing here i see is that some people have an opinion as to the design of certain battlestars in the fleet on this show, and when someone expresses an opinion about it, someone has to either attack their idea as if they are more educated on the matter, or that they actually designed this ship. Others seem to make rude comments about some others opinion. Funny thing is that this show, shows the best and the worst of humanity, and yet some of you can't seem to take something special and work together with ideas, and help make it better. For those of you with the courage to put an idea out there for creative and constructive criticism, I applaud you, for those that do nothing other than insult others for having the guts to put out an idea, and to inject humor, and some "character" into their response into their postings i would say that it might be better to rethink how you put your words, and find a better, and more polite way to put it. To those who want to question why i have not put more postings on this site, i would venture to say that some of us are actually in the military, and serving our country, and sometimes for us time is not a luxury when deployed. To the ones who wish to continue to build something special here, i thank the creators of this site for allowing me to join, and hopefully to continue to let me remain a part of this. Now to all lets get back to "action stations" and forge ahead and see where this special story we are privaliged to be a part of takes us. Jack " Admiral Adama"
    wow,I'm sorry my response was taken the way it apparently was, I was just responding to that humor with my own kind, guess it still needs a bit of work.

sorry if I offended.

please, stay, pull up a piece of carpet around this camp fire.
    hey i was not pointing to anyone person, but gotta admit sometimes anyone of us can mistake a joke or something. i was just trying to put a twist on things and hoping to end some of the arguing among some people i would concede that people do have a right to express there opinion, but some of them calling each other some of the things they did was a little personal , just politly disagree, or better yet agree to each others opinion and really expand this story we are experiencing, I understand that some want to disagree on the valkyrie design, but hey more design differences the better right, anyhow if i misunderstood some of the responses please accept my apology, all i was trying to do was get everyones attention, and maybe give all a laugh, anyhow god bless you all, and lets expand the bsg universe
  • DukeDuke0 Posts: 0Member
    just wanna say fantastic work so far infinity i love your valkyrie model just a question though do you have an ortho of your newer valkyrie without the roll bar??
  • YouTube - Bsg Season 4 trailer

At 38 seconds in there is what appears to be a Valkyrie type Battle star, and no roll bar.
    I didn't see a valkyrie anywhere in there, just AldrikG's battlestar pegasus and iOSYS's battlestar Talos.
  • miragemirage0 Posts: 0Member
    Aaron S wrote: »
    YouTube - Bsg Season 4 trailer

At 38 seconds in there is what appears to be a Valkyrie type Battle star, and no roll bar.

I am seeing a number of battlestars that are different in name or design in the clip:

The first looks like the name is Hades at 20 Sec, and then another in the distance. Both look like they are of the Pegasus type.

The second seems to be at the 38-42 Sec, it looks kinda a like the Valkyrie, but the flight pods just dont look right for it too be one... at least to me anyways.

The third is at 51-56 Sec, it looks like it has two flight pods stacked and off set on top of one another... almost like it took two galactica style flight pods and put them on top of one another and off set them. The head of the ship looks different too.

There is a fourth at the same time frame that is above, but it does not quite look like a class we have seen before either... it makes me think Galactica, but not.

There is a fifth that is a head going by and the beginnings of pods at about 1:10 on the clock that I am not sure about.

The final one 6th I think is at the end of the clip 1:38 and it has the name of Titan and you see gun movement and that is about it.

I think I got everything... thoughts everyone?
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    mirage wrote: »
    I think I got everything... thoughts everyone?

Don't take this personally, but my thought is what the hell does this have to do with the model in this thread? There's a general discussion thread for this kind of thing, so you lot are simply bumping a thread that isn't currently being actively worked on, which sends an e-mail to all the subscribers to the thread who then have to check it for updates from the original poster... Please try to not do this as it's a bit annoying to say the least and it also knocks active threads off the front page, making them less likely to be commented on!
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    I saw the Valk in the vid, and personally don't care if it had a rollbar or not. You mesh
    here looks great.
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    I saw the Valk in the vid, and personally don't care if it had a rollbar or not. You mesh
    here looks great.

amen to that, dark saber.
    I think we shoud respect the rules of the forum about necroposting.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    That trailer is a fake with fan models all over the place, best to ignore it and move on.

Infinity, have you finished the Valkyire yet?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Found some Valkyrie concept art. Here is the link.

Razor Concept Art | Battlestar Galactica
    Already seen it, I built my battlestar group a new support ship from the valk concept image. I was thinking of calling it a Colonial Vanguard.
    vanguardkr9.th.jpg
    damn, is she finished?
    frakking awesome!
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Blimey, that was fast!