Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Can we not have this argument in every thread please? It's been done to death already and tends to take things over
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    *shoots self in foot*

can we stop shooting ourselves in the proverbial foot by not doing this in each valkyrie thread?

some of us want to use our feet in the very near future, lol...........
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    What that Gun fire, because I like to go Hiking and even though this thread is fantastic I would not trade Hiking for it!

Great job I. 238!
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Updated, doing some textureing experiments. Merry Christmas.
  • backsteptbackstept2089 Posts: 930Member
    awesome job :thumb:
    personally I don't like the teal, but don't mind me
    I think it looks fantastic, man :thumb:
    outstanding work infinity
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Wow! I like so much and can't wait to see the finished one :thumb:
    I want one ,but without the ROLL BAR please!
    No offense I. 238, but it take away from the over all ship!
    I do like the color though.
    Hope you not offended it as not my intention, because either way it's your model, your design.
    Good job I.238!
    P.S. you also have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, as to you all who celibate the Holiday!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Roll bar plz!:thumb:
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    C'mon folks ... it's not a roll-bar, it's a spoiler!

It's a well known fact that Battlestars have a problem cornering, so they added the rear spoiler to increase the down-force. This gives a Valkyrie better traction, hence it can power through those switch-backs more effectively. This makes it a more agile target, allowing it to avoid more incoming Cylon fire.

Sheesh! :devil:

Seriously - great work on the design. I wasn't sure about the teal at first myself, but it's growing on me (and other colors like red, black, gold, and such are so cliche).

Thanks for the Christmas present!

Sanderlee.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work Infinity238:thumb:

I like the teal, Makes the ship special
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »

It's a well known fact that Battlestars have a problem cornering, so they added the rear spoiler to increase the down-force.

Sheesh is right! Everyone knows that cornering problem often results in rolling inverted.

I get it now!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    People and the turbo charged battlestars lol

kids these days :D
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice update but I'm still not a fan of the rollbar. I do like the new color though.
  • miragemirage0 Posts: 0Member
    I think this looks great. Great color choice and dont change a thing. There are so many variants of ships and I think it is a great thing to see something that is a little different. For all we know the Valkyrie and her class of ships may of had the ability to have "as needed" packages installed depending on what the mission called for. The "bar look" could just be one of those packages.

Anyways, like I said great work. and I look forward to any updates that may come. :thumb:
    Sorry folks but that rollbar/spoiler is taking away from the over all look of this battlestar!
    Sorry but that only my 2cents worth!
  • score1_ukscore1_uk0 Posts: 0Member
    I have just watched the DVD of Razor and they have removed the scean with the 2 Valk's docked (with the 'roll-bars') and replaced it with the orig model for the valk been blown in 2.

I think they changed there minds with the modded valk ships, hehe....
  • score1_uk wrote: »
    I have just watched the DVD of Razor and they have removed the scean with the 2 Valk's docked (with the 'roll-bars') and replaced it with the orig model for the valk been blown in 2.

can you Show us???
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    score1_uk wrote: »

2 Valkyrie's docked with roll-bars
    th_Pdvd_025.jpg
    Valkyrie blown up with out roll-bar
    th_Pdvd_029.jpg

( Great model Infinity238 :thumb: )
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    I personally like it with the rollbar better. Great work!!!
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    I find this an interesting gaff, I mean its not like they missed some lighting or a compositing error. Here they obviously add and upgrade a model to make it look different from Valkyrie, then they get it in one scene and miss it in the next. It's just really puzzleing, I wounder what happened.
    I find this an interesting gaff, I mean its not like they missed some lighting or a compositing error. Here they obviously add and upgrade a model to make it look different from Valkyrie, then they get it in one scene and miss it in the next. It's just really puzzleing, I wounder what happened.

clearly, someone wasnt paying attention, and/or was asleep behind the ol' wheel.
    I.238 I think it might have been a docking birth from the station itself.
    Anyway it's sure has stated a "great debate" on this WIP!
    Great mode anyway, keep up the good work!
  • score1_ukscore1_uk0 Posts: 0Member
    From the ep. that the valk was in, I dont see it with a rolll bar and so concider the class to be batter without. Dont get me wrong. I love people putting there own spin on it, but I try to stay as cannon as the info will alowe.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    There's no roll bar, get over it.

M
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    mattc, don't be rude.
    its just an interesting diversion from the usual tedium of waiting for new pics, lol
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    By the looks of it, it might be a docking berth.
  • HobbesHobbes5 Posts: 0Member
    I imagine it was more likely a homage to 'Pimp my Ride'. Either way it goes, we've seen both versions in the series, hard to say if we'll see either one anymore.