Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• gaiusgaius0 Posts: 0Member
    But where did those arches go? I didn't see them "exploding away".
  • ...very nice.

There's some really good detail in there. I hope Infinity notices this before the link goes dead.

Thank the Gods the roll-bar isn't there....

punchface
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    I'm gonna send the link to him via PM.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Saw it, really cool stuff. Anyone else notice the amount of guns this ship actually has! So many guns....
    I made this two days ago before my uni road trip, yes, yes I know roll bar...:D This one will stay my Valkyrie MKII, and after seeing that new footage I have some work to do.:lol:
    valkyrieortho2to0.jpg
    you got a bigger res image of that?
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    I rather like the 'roll bar'. I feel the author may do as he likes.
  • trekgimptrekgimp0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the MkII with the roll bar ... but I agree the ortho pic is too low res to do justice to this amazing model.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I like the one without the rollbar. Is your next version going to have more guns?
    oh yes as valkyrie seems to be coverd in gunbays, more then I thought it was.
    that's great. How big do you think she is compared to Galactica?
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    I didn't see that many gunbays, only two rail guns on the top of the flight pods.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • gaiusgaius0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, sure you should leave the rollbar. It gives the model a nice touch.
    Guns, lots of Guns.
    valkyrie6nr3.jpg
  • Oooh, slick! I didn't page through all 34 preceding pages of your thread, but it looks destroyer-sized (compared to a battlestar, anyway).
    now that's a bad @$$ Battlestar!
    I'll take a nice round complement of 20, lol.:D
  • You guys with your Roll Bar Love are confusing the capacity for artistic license as suggesting that one should avail oneself of it whenever possible.

Mr. Goertzen is trying to create as accurate a model of the Valkyrie class ships as possible, not to entertain himself with his own custom versions.
    why else do you think we keep watching that video over and over? we wanna see as accurate a valkyrie as possible too.

keep up the good work infinity, loving the reborn valkyrie so far.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    why else do you think we keep watching that video over and over? we wanna see as accurate a valkyrie as possible too.

Might want to get your eyesight checked then.

M
    had come to that conclusion earlier and dismissed it as due diligence.
    Infinity: Looking sweet. I figure too when you get around to releasing it (if?) you may as well put the option 6 engine or rollbar sections in to be swapped around, you've already modelled them and it would be a shame to waste that effort.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • ohndclintonohndclinton0 Posts: 0Member
    nice job man. the valkyrie design u have done looks much better than the one on tv. 2 Thumbs up!
    Valk head Version 3.0.:D
    valkyrie7lc4.jpg
    Its not detailed yet just trying to get the shape first.
    From the "extended" shot on that website, the Valkyrie has two seperate insets on the head for the large missle battery and a smaller gun battery further forward.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    nice job man. the valkyrie design u have done looks much better than the one on tv. 2 Thumbs up!

With all due respect to the modeller, this mesh is an okay-ish amateur hobbyist mesh but the gulf between it and the production mesh is IMMENSE.
    With all due respect to the modeller, this mesh is an okay-ish amateur hobbyist mesh but the gulf between it and the production mesh is IMMENSE.
    Out of intrest, why state the obvious?
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Out of intrest, why state the obvious?

To encourage reasonable and constructive criticism rather than the 'fanboy' gushing that seems to go on....a lot.

M.
    Not the point, I was simply defending ohndclinton's opinion. Not suporting it as a statement of fact. I'm a casual modeler I know that, I'm not expecting miracles just trying to get a good looking proximity.
  • I for one am grateful for you efforts in creation of your model, and your willingness to share it.

Here are my two cents, from a newbie no less.

I think there are probably two turrets on the dorsal and ventral flight pods rather than one. This is supposition but two turrets would mean that valkyrie with 4 turrets on the dorsal top of the main fuselage would have the same firepower as galactica. And it would do so with economy by having a shorter ship. So it just would make sense that galactica would be replaced by a smaller battlestar with equal firepower and capability, with a smaller crew in a smaller more economical size.

Furthermore there needs to be thruster ports on the sides engines, pegasus has them, galactica has fewer but the main engines of galactica will actually azimuth to cause a course correction as seen in the miniseries. I really like the valkyrie as a battlestar, I think it is evolutionary of the battlestar concept.