Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    I think there are probably two turrets on the dorsal and ventral flight pods rather than one. This is supposition but two turrets would mean that valkyrie with 4 turrets on the dorsal top of the main fuselage would have the same firepower as galactica. And it would do so with economy by having a shorter ship. So it just would make sense that galactica would be replaced by a smaller battlestar with equal firepower and capability, with a smaller crew in a smaller more economical size.

Galactica has 24 gun batteries if I recall. "Rumor" has it that Valk has somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 some gun turrets. The engines are also hovering around rebuild country along with the main body.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    had come to that conclusion earlier, but wanted to wait till someone else stated it.

the hull and engines definitely look like they might need rebuilding.

gods, the guy over on the yards doing the 2d version is gonna kill me.

*goes hunting for his flak jacket*
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    mattc wrote: »
    To encourage reasonable and constructive criticism rather than the 'fanboy' gushing that seems to go on....a lot.

M.

I don't consider complimenting talent as "fanboy" gushing. Not to mention this mesh is far from armature.
    Valkyrie Final build... hopefully...
    valkyrie8ha4.jpg
  • WOW! The underside looks great!
    this is one of the most highly detailed meshes I have seen, and the attention to detail, as evidenced by Infinity's willingness to rebuild the whole ship over and over again to get her done right is testament to that.

very well done infinity.

p.s. fanboy gushing?

never from me, I say what I'm thinking as I stare at a ship and only what I am thinking..
    better thrusters on the dorsal nose would be ideal.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Just a comment: I saw in Razor today that there is THREE valkyrie types with the rollback and two that didnt. Maybe you should add the rollback as an "optional" update for 'em.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    this is one of the most highly detailed meshes I have seen...

p.s. fanboy gushing?

never from me, I say what I'm thinking as I stare at a ship and only what I am thinking..

Are you freaking BLIND? Its looking to be a very nice mesh (well done Infinity, this rebuild is looking excellent) but if you think this is the most detailed mesh ever, you clearly never looked at JediLaw and Fractalsponge's ISD meshes, or Al3d's Millennium Falcon, or Brickhead's Discovery etc etc....

Oh, yeah, you're not doing any fanboy gushing at all. :rolleyes:
    no, sad to say, I havent been around long enough to see that millenium falcon mesh, and what ISD meshes?(*has the distinct feeling he overlooked something of importance here*)

on a related note, the whole blind as a bat thing had crossed my mind on more than one occasion with regards to this mesh.

I do believe I said this mesh is outstanding(maybe not as eloquently as you did JDR).

on another related note, the 2d one is gonna be restarted as soon as the guy who's handling her gets in from his trip.

he's gonna have his hands full, lol.
    JDR wrote: »
    Are you freaking BLIND? Its looking to be a very nice mesh (well done Infinity, this rebuild is looking excellent) but if you think this is the most detailed mesh ever, you clearly never looked at JediLaw and Fractalsponge's ISD meshes, or Al3d's Millennium Falcon, or Brickhead's Discovery etc etc....

Oh, yeah, you're not doing any fanboy gushing at all. :rolleyes:

Both of you STOP right there. I may be out of line in slapping you both on the wrists but this isn't the place to argue about fanboyism in threads. This is a thread about Infinity's Battlestar Valkyrie. If you want to argue semantics like this go and make your own thread in general discussion or take it to PMs. Leave this thread free for constructive criticism and mesh updates, NOT your personal war on what is considered constructive criticism.

Did I make this clear enough?

EDIT: My 1000th Post... I had hoped to make it more "inspiring" but as long as it's doing good, I guess I can live with it.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Now that I have looked at it more the only crit I would have is there needs to be some lights in the landing bays.

Congrats on the 1,000 post Nadesico.
    sorry.

guess our little debate got a bit out of hand.
    All thanks to Spuds wounderfull work. My Valkyrie will become the Battlestar Possiden, so there will be some differences.
    valkyrie9rb2.jpg
    looks great except for the pointy things at the front.They remind me of vampire teeth:D
    you're rebuilding your mesh again into a Valkyrie variant? or you're just renaming a valkyrie class?

(BTW: When you mention "minor differences" in the Posideon, does that mean the rollbar's back?)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    I like the new more aggressive look.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    The picture isn't working. :(
  • ohndclintonohndclinton0 Posts: 0Member
    it wont have the battlestar touch, because of the pointy things on the front.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    I like them 'pointy things'. Fits in well overall methinks.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that was quick! Looks about right to me :)
    hmmmmm, I feel that roll bar making a comeback. Might help that problem that the valks have of blowing in half when ever there engines get hit by a nuke. I think i might model it as ether an extra armor thing, or I might make it a large external dradis array.
    I'd suggest making it a wrap around, if thats how you're going about it, but it wouldnt feel right for some reason.
    I'll change it a little, trust me I'll make it work.
    may I post a link to the 2d version here?

and I have faith in you and your meshes, if theres a way to do it and have it look nice, I'm certain you will find it.
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the pointy things. They give it style!
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    great work Infinity238, it'll be interesting to see how it looks with the roll bar on it.
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    I was going to do a little crit. on the main gunz layout...but what the hell, this thing is mean and good looking at the same time...

Well done!
  • All thanks to Spuds wounderfull work. My Valkyrie will become the Battlestar Possiden, so there will be some differences.
    valkyrie9rb2.jpg

In the "Razor" trailer, toward the end for about 2 seconds there was a colonial warship with a head on it that looks like it has the "fangs" of your ships head. The ship appears at 1min, 28 seconds.

YouTube - Battlestar Galactica Razor trailer for DVD
    that would be the pre-viz valkyrie.