Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLizzy's WIPs

1111213141517»

• trekkitrekki700 Posts: 1,244Member
    WoW, very nice
    Lizzy777
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux394 Posts: 83Member
    It's a thing of beauty, really lovely mesh! This is personal preference, but I'm wondering if the shader should be dialed back from being quite as chrome-like - a less reflective material would reduce the size of the white highlights.
    Lizzy777
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777984 PNWPosts: 691Member
    trekki wrote: »
    WoW, very nice

Thank you!
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    It's a thing of beauty, really lovely mesh! This is personal preference, but I'm wondering if the shader should be dialed back from being quite as chrome-like - a less reflective material would reduce the size of the white highlights.

I'd been considering that. Right now I'm using the same settings that I did on my Enterprise model. Mostly because that's how I thought it looked from early episodes of Strange New Worlds and the teaser trailers. I might make it a bit more gray and tone down the metallic look sometime down the line if I ever get around to doing some proper scene renders. Maybe tone it to look a bit more like the NX-01 than a polished chrome desktop model.

We'll see, I suppose. I'm just not there yet.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1802221 Posts: 10,101Member
    According to John Eaves, when he and Scott Schneider were working out the Enterprise's hull materials, they wanted it to look like bare metal. Then the people doing the CGI model took that forward and made the model look metallic and, thus, very shiny.

I don't know if they tweaked the materials at all for SNW, but the ship definitely looks very metallic on screen.
    Lizzy777