Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Titan / Luna Class

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    Too legit. Too legit to quit.
    (Yes the arboretum isn't in the right place but that's Sean's fault I suspect. Tobias is likely going by the visuals he has available.)
    I guess it is all my Fault....lol
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    The way I thought about it was yes the Tube runs up the Arboretum was concealed via a decorative climbing feature or water feature with the tube running up the middle of it. Also it could be a arboretum could be separated with a wall and you have 2. One with Terran vegetation and the other side with more of an alien vegetation. You have to remember I had no Idea that I would win when I designed her. I thought if I did when I would get a chance to flesh her out a little befor publication. the only changes that happened on my schematics were cosmetic and the addition of the captain's skiff.

Well that's what I thought. I hadn't developed my ship to that degree by the time the contest was over. I suspect a good year of effort is needed to flesh out that sort of detail.

-What do you think so far?
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Loving all the detail! Always like your "clay lighting" in your models too Tobias
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful work so far, Tobias. :thumb: Just keeps getting better.
  • ViperViper1688 Posts: 717Administrator
    On your last image there are few panels that are no curved along with the saucer near those round things. Is that on purpose? I only ask because there is one edge that is curved but the others are not :) Still brilliant work mind you :thumb:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning just Stunning.
  • eclipse74569eclipse74569171 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias my gawd you are a GOD! LOL I only wish I had your talent :(
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you all!

Viper - yes, that is intentionally.

I finished the pod and remodelled a portion of the saucer underside that I interpreted wrongly from the plans (there are big windows for the crew mess, like 10 forward) and added some tiny details and plates. So the model should be pretty much done, now on to the tedious part of uv-mapping...

Polycount (tris) is at 660K at the moment, a little more then I had anticipated, but still ok.

titan_wip_14.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_14.jpg

titan_wip_15.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_15.jpg

titan_wip_16.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_16.jpg

titan_wip_17.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_17.jpg

titan_wip_18.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_18.jpg

titan_wip_19.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_19.jpg

titan_wip_20.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_20.jpg

titan_wip_21.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/titan/titan_wip_21.jpg
  • Billynom8Billynom8186 Posts: 44Member
    You amaze me! please can i have some wires? :)
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Awesome work, as always. May the Force be with you on the UV mapping.
    WOW these last images are really amazing. Tobias thanks for fixing the Crew Mess area for me. I love all the extra greebles and details that you have added especially in areas that I never really fleshed out on my 2D schematic. Cant wait to see the UV maps.
    The refinement is nothing short of absolute.
    The lower launcher.
    The lighting of detail on the surface
    The spine detail
    The impulse exhaust...(very nice)
    The Life boats on the under side lined up properly
    I like the curves of the front of the Stardrive deflector housing over the original

and I see for the first time these lifeboats aren't from Sovereign....
    I'm glad you're hear Tobias.
    Saquist wrote: »
    The refinement is nothing short of absolute.
    The lower launcher.
    The lighting of detail on the surface
    The spine detail
    The impulse exhaust...(very nice)
    The Life boats on the under side lined up properly
    I like the curves of the front of the Stardrive deflector housing over the original

and I see for the first time these lifeboats aren't from Sovereign....
    I'm glad you're hear Tobias.

Tobias did do a great job with my design. The life boats have never been the Sovereign class boats.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    this ship is quite spectacular for a federation vessel.the curves are done very well and it is interesting to look at.
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,403Member
    WOW !!!!

:thumb:
    On Tonight's Episode of Star Trek Titan, the U.S.S.Titan finds one of it's sister ships adrift and unmanned. Follow Captain Riker and his crew as they try and find out what happened to the crew of the U.S.S. Europa.

U.S.S.Titan designed by Sean P. Tourangeau
    U.S.S. Titan Mesh by Ellery Connell
    U.S.S. Europa Mesh by Tobias Richter

I decided to share Ellery's Mesh with Tobias's new mesh in this image.
    101720.jpg
    You'll have some amazing color pic soon enough for a redo of that one.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    I still think the flat bits on the front of the saucer look like a terrible modelling error....
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, am away for a few days and it is all done and dusted, well the mesh at least. Looks fantastic, and am loving all the nods to Enterprises of old in the design of the ship. Can't wait to see this sweet thing textured.

Cracking work as always.

:thumb:
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Don't know much about this ship but your model is EXCELLENT.

Say,....

Would love to see you model the fantastic Churchill class. 'Cause it would look really good sitting in the same scene with you either the your Enterprise or Reliant model. But, hey, just a thought.
    Final Renders of Tobias's Luna/Titan Mesh are posted on my Facebook Gallery at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tourangeau-Creative/209212585762105
    Will we have access to some of the wallpapers?
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Sorry for the "repost" (I posted this on your Facebook page also). Are there larger versions of these Light Works renders online? Will there be? (thx :-)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Not sure if it's already been answered, but will this new model be used for book covers as well?
    You never know where this new mesh may be used. I certainly approve it to succeed Ellery's original model. Tobias was very gracious with asking if he got the details correct. which he did.

As for Wallpapers I will make whatever images I can available to you guys.
  • ChakoteyChakotey0 Posts: 0Member
    Can we pls have some wires from the bottom?
    Sean,

Not to be...critical...(and yet). Now that I have enough detail on this ship. I'm rather shocked that I'm counting only 4 phaser strips. The tube count seems to be at 2 fore, 2 aft. I know it's a heavy explorer type cruiser but I'd liked to ask if the low armament count by design?

Tobias...the detail on the front of the launcher is rather unique and interesting. It is your detailing or was that transferred from the design?
  • mrushing02mrushing020 Posts: 0Member
    This is awesome!