Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Titan / Luna Class

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Yep this is turning REALLY great. Tobias is doing the girl real justice. Each version from everyone that has tried her has brought a lot to the design. Can't wait to see the Pod and under side of the secondary hull.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Awesome and interesting detail! Especially that ball thing in the back, what's that?
    Phaser Emmitter since the Phaser strips on the upper saucer doesn't cover that section of the ship.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    1? wow! nice!

looks great!, and oh.. after this, you'll have to "Refit" your JJ Enterprise model.. :)
  • ViperViper1688 Posts: 717Administrator
    Always nice to see another one of your models Tobias :) Looking very smooth :)
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I hope Tobias gives you access to her Sean.
  • weird-comaweird-coma0 Posts: 0Member
    I swear, everything you do is just...freaking unreal man. I've been using Maya for nearly 10 years and I still cant get it to do what you do. I have no idea how you got those panels cut in there without wanting to pull your hair out, much less how you did it so damn fast!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Not a big fan of the Titan so I have mixed feelings about Tobias "legitimizing" it by doing it, but I'm sure at the end I'll love the ship because of him.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Your work as always just blows me away.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    The odd flat parts on the saucer rim always looked like a modellig error to me... If it was on purpose then it doesn't look on-purpose enough. But IMO this is one of the ugliest Trek ships I've ever seen.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving this take on the design, does look as good as if not better than some of the official Trek starship designs out there.

:thumb:
    The odd flat parts on the saucer rim always looked like a modellig error to me... If it was on purpose then it doesn't look on-purpose enough. But IMO this is one of the ugliest Trek ships I've ever seen.

May I introduce you to the reigning Ugliest and Runner Up.

enterprisestartrek2009.jpg

nx01desktop4096x3072wal.jpg

Honorable Mention...

startrekenterprisefscre.jpg
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 514Member
    Really, the NX-01? I know that Enterprise wasn't very appreciated by the fans (maybe for a good reason) and probably this was transferred to the ship itself, but THE uglyest? No, that is too hard. Also I would mostly disagree with, I can understand all concerns about the continuity mistake she represents, but that dosn't make her ugly. But yes, oh yes, I know it is a matter of taste. So I will keep my mouth shut and you guys can discuss Tobias' modell again.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Very nice work on this, Tobias. I, for one, like the Luna-class and this is spectacular modeling as always. :thumb: Are you planning on making the pod as well or are you just keeping it slick?
    Well this is THE TITAN...so it will have the pod. BUT I hope it's not too much to ask for him to create a version (say the USS Luna NCC-80101 , Callisto NCC-80109 or Triton NCC-80106) With out the pod...and interesting rendezvous of sister ships. Good for another Calender
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    I've always preferred Praetor's contest entry (link), because it creates a blend of some of my favorite Trek design elements (proof of concept), but I really like the execution of this model.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    May I introduce you to the reigning Ugliest and Runner Up.

enterprisestartrek2009.jpg

nx01desktop4096x3072wal.jpg

Honorable Mention...

startrekenterprisefscre.jpg

I agree on the JJ-Prise, though I think the USS Vengeance may actually be uglier. Disagreed on the other two. I love the NX and the Odyssey is a pretty sweet ride. For me, this is the list:

Ugliest: Vengeance
    Uglier: JJ-Prise
    Ugly: Prometheus class (I loath that ship, it was #1 until JJ started his crap)

Honorable mention: Kelvin kitbashes from JJ Trek (not the Kelvin itself)
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    I've always preferred Praetor's contest entry (link), because it creates a blend of some of my favorite Trek design elements (proof of concept), but I really like the execution of this model.

Me too. This or Vektor's would been perfect. The winner of that contest is IMHO terribly flawed, with too many sloppily placed features and eyesores- particularly the irregular, inconsistent angles on the pylon hull plating, the slapped-on impulse drive "blocks" and the weird half-hearted attempt at sheer angles on the forward saucer which just end up looking a wobbly mess.

In short, as much as I worship your work Tobias, even you can't make this one look appealing. ;)
    I agree on the JJ-Prise, though I think the USS Vengeance may actually be uglier.

Kept mine to Enterprises.
    Vengeance isn't ugly just mean.
    It's the difference between a 2010 Mustang and a 2013 Mustang. or better yet almost any Jaguar and almost any other car. Jaguar is always going to be uglier.

@ Lennier
    It was a travesty that Vecktors amazing design didn't win. It looked just like something STO would do (the four nacelle thing) except it actually looked GOOD....

I hope he develops regardless. Heck I hope it's overruled....
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Lets stay on the Titan and not discuss other ships. I think it is a very nice design and works very well within the trek universe. And it is probably the closest fan-designed ship to canon that there is. I think with textures and lights it will look even better.

And yes, it will have the pod. It will be the last thing I model - and it will be modular, so it can be left away. I should be done with modelling somewhere next week, so stay tuned...
    Lets stay on the Titan and not discuss other ships.

Excellent idea. Personally, I also like the Titan design. I didn't at first, when I just saw the 2D orthos that Sean drew. But, Valkyrie013's 3D model of it made me a believer. My comment about the saucer looking warped in front wasn't a criticism, merely an observation.

When you get it all done, are you going to do some shots of it in your Nemesis dock? That would be sweet.
    It is nice to know that the first ship I ever designed can still kick up a storm of critiques 8 years after the contest. That is what I like about the Trek Universe you have so opinions about every design. Tobias if you want me to sketch up any alternate pods I would be happy too.
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    Tobias if you want me to sketch up any alternate pods I would be happy too.

Please do! might have to dust of my old one and try some new pods... honestly didn't think of alternatives!
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    It is nice to know that the first ship ever designed can still kick up a storm of critiques 8 years after the contest. That is what I like about the Trek Universe you have so opinions about every design. Tobias if you want me to sketch up any alternate pods I would be happy too.

Has it really been 8 years since you won the context...Grief I'm old now.
    yep 2005 was the contest.
    interesting details :) oh.. the warp core ejection hatch/tube goes Right in the middle of the Arboretum..! ( had to move mine aft abit... :) )

Everythings looking great sir!
    Too legit. Too legit to quit.
    (Yes the arboretum isn't in the right place but that's Sean's fault I suspect. Tobias is likely going by the visuals he has available.)
    Awesome work as always, Tobias. :thumb:

@Valkyrie: You can delete the double post yourself, bro. Just hit "Edit," "Advanced" and you can do it. (someone had to remind me of that a while back ;))
    interesting details :) oh.. the warp core ejection hatch/tube goes Right in the middle of the Arboretum..! ( had to move mine aft abit... :) )

That's not that problematic. You just have to assume that there's a tube section running through the middle of the arboretum and the core passes through that. ;)
    Saquist wrote: »
    Too legit. Too legit to quit.

Wow, MC Hammer. That's a blast from the past. I had the cassette of that album back in the day. ;)
    The way I thought about it was yes the Tube runs up the Arboretum was concealed via a decorative climbing feature or water feature with the tube running up the middle of it. Also it could be a arboretum could be separated with a wall and you have 2. One with Terran vegetation and the other side with more of an alien vegetation. You have to remember I had no Idea that I would win when I designed her. I thought if I did when I would get a chance to flesh her out a little befor publication. the only changes that happened on my schematics were cosmetic and the addition of the captain's skiff.