Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDaedalus Class starship

1234568»

• sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting. Yeah. The question on the other forum had to do with the June entry and how the original designer of the Belknap class (which dates from at least the early 80's) would feel about some CGI artist getting paid for a render of his design.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    If they are properly concerned they should contact the creator and notify them privately and not drag it out into a public forum and make uninformed guesses, speculation, and hearsay over something they have no knowledge over.

I resent being misled and have had wasted time on such a subject. What we get paid or if we get paid/comped has nothing to do with content or rights of "designers"

It is none of their fuking business and should not be discussed in a open forum nor should I be getting misled into providing fire for that discussion. This pisses me off more than the idea of people with nothing better to do but slam an artist with nothing but speculation.

Contact the original designer notify him and be done with it, instead of siring a barrel of snot over it.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Well rear text cut in. Not so sure about it. And no the doors will not be rigged since they would need to slide back and inward since they are bowed a bit and I just do not want to be assed to do all the stuff needed to have them slide in on sliders given how much max likes to corrupt itself with sliders and the like. Might have a go at it once the mesh is done and complete but I doubt it. What I am not sure about is how the reg looks on those doors.. . . which means undoing everything and stuffing it above the bay. I will give it a few days to think about I also need to bump the ship name a little since the S sorta falls into the hull. Spacing looks a bit funny too UGH.

Large render clearly needs more sampling than the WIP rig is giving it.

The RCS look a bit funny too so those might get some work.

Does not help I want to do anything but this atm. Painting, building speaker boxes pc stands etc. Well those last two are need to get to projects.

fff sfm keeps mixing the uploads up anyhow last image should be first. ;p
    All this time and all I got done was fool with this shielding for the impulse drives! Damned google distractions! uh heh. I need to quit being sickish and get this thing done! heh. Also need to stop staying up all night watching fing youturd videos!
  • sven1310sven13102 Posts: 0Member
    I'm here since the year 2007 and this is my first comment and that because of your Daedalus. :)
    How can you bring more to the expression that I like your work? The Level of Details are fantastic. I love it.
    I build a Daedalus Class too and i was proud of it until i see your Work. But i have the sake to make the next ship that i build better as the last one.

Your Version is the Best i see in the Net. :thumb:
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    sven1310 wrote: »
    I'm here since the year 2007 and this is my first comment and that because of your Daedalus. :)
    How can you bring more to the expression that I like your work? The Level of Details are fantastic. I love it.
    I build a Daedalus Class too and i was proud of it until i see your Work. But i have the sake to make the next ship that i build better as the last one.

Your Version is the Best i see in the Net. :thumb:

:argh:Cheers! Well, said sven1310! I totally agree with you!
    Hey Madkoifish,

Sorry if you read something into my posts that wasn't there. There was no intention to mislead anyone and there was no "stirring" of any barrels on that other forum. It was just an honest question someone made. I honestly am not concerned if you made $2 or $2million or just got compensated in hugs which is why I didn't ask how you got compensation, only if. It was a bit of curiosity on all parts and nothing more.

Regardless, I am impressed by all of the work in the SOTL calendars and follow yours and other works very closely.

Thank you for sharing your work with us.
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    This thread contains first class work on a first class design and may I say that the last post was a rather classy response (responding, of course, to a fully understandable point of view).

BTW - 'been watching some anime on You Tube (and no, not the dodgy stuff), though with sub-titles required, I'm afraid. There's some great stuff that generations raised on the likes of badly dubbed Dragon Ball Z never see.
    sojourner wrote: »
    Interesting. Yeah. The question on the other forum had to do with the June entry and how the original designer of the Belknap class (which dates from at least the early 80's) would feel about some CGI artist getting paid for a render of his design.

There is nothing to read that was not there. And far from an honest question when in regards to the above quoted post. I find it even more insulting that you have to claim I read what was not there. Read it again then read my reply. If you still cannot see why I had responded the way I did without "adding what is not there" then no matter of discussion will conclude this so I will not bother. I consider this done and over with and will treat it as such.
    how the original designer of the Belknap class (which dates from at least the early 80's) would feel about some CGI artist getting paid for a render of his design.

This line alone is enough slander towards another artist and I will not be a part of it. BUT because of you I am now part of it, ignorant or not of the original intention.

I would not have provided the information if I knew the context for what it was for, or asked because of.
    No real updates in this post. It is mostly a collection of renders for me to decide what details I will add or not add for the sake of the ship's overall form. I am just adding them as overall ship renders so everyone can see how all the bits work together or not.

While I fix the fail above any opinions on this format? It is a bit of extra work but less effort while uploading, kinda.
    Oh well crap nevermind it is fail in of itself. The forum resized the damned image and jpged the living $hit out of it. Bear with whilst I fix this.

ok image$hit does not do proper thumbnails anymore in it's pregenerated links. And it seems and overlay spam is atrocious for inline links so hopefully this editing will do.

Future I will stick to single images sheesh.
    Dude,
    I said I was sorry and tried to explain that no harm was intended on the part of any parties involved. Step back, take a breath, and try not to read everything as an attack. Heck, it was only 2 posts in a thread that's already died on the other forum and that was 2 days ago.

Once again, and I'll rephrase, sorry if you got the wrong impression. No harm was intended.
    NO you need to think about it. No where in that comment was an apology. You apologized for me reading what is not there. All you are attempting now to paint me black and make yourself look the prince. NO.
    Sorry if you read something into my posts that wasn't there.

not an apology, but a veiled insult
    It was just an honest question someone made.

No it is not, not when considering the following as context:
    The question on the other forum had to do with the June entry and how the original designer of the Belknap class (which dates from at least the early 80's) would feel about some CGI artist getting paid for a render of his design.

Asking me that question with that context is a VERY different matter even if it is some OLD thread you think no one will care about. It is still bias towards smearing one of 2 artists name in a thread that should not even exist. It is something I would want no business with.

Your inability to see this connection and how wrong it was to even think about asking me the question you did and did so out of context is beyond me.
    Step back, take a breath, and try not to read everything as an attack.

Do not even attempt to hide behind "seeing everything as an attack" horse$hit. You insulted me, smeared my rep by including me into such a subject out of context and continue to insult me.
    Heck, it was only 2 posts in a thread that's already died on the other forum and that was 2 days ago.

As if that makes it any better. Id does not make what you did and later continued to do any better.

SO, no. You stand back and look at what you said and why it set me off, and why every time you say something you make it worse.

If you were really sorry all you had to do is say so and admit the lack of intention but instead your arrogance has you slinging insults and degrading phrases into your posts. Thus showing your true lack of concern or understanding.

Do not bother replying for I am putting you on the ignore list.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Future issues or not, it would be great to see a scene suitable for a 2015 calendar entry.
    Well, I tried to apologize. Seems no matter how I word it, it comes out wrong. I guess my mistake was trying to explain motive. That's the problem with text communication. People read into text connotations that aren't there or not intended. Things that would be clearer in person and not lead to issues like this.

I'm sorry MadKoifish felt the need to put me on ignore. I'm sorry I asked the question that kicked this all off. No harm was intended.
    I consider it a privilege that you share your wonderful work with us here MKF - gratitude and respect out to you mate. As such I don't like to see you upset about any issues raised here in the thread. Any artist who takes a design and puts their own skill and talent to a variation of it is paying homage to those going before them - a big part of what art is by my reckoning.

There must be many issues affecting the creative process, and any subsequent distribution or sharing of what's created, that are incredibly frustrating. Some of us, such as non-creative types like myself, can be so out of tune with these that we can insult without that fact ever being on our radar. I could be doing it right now...and I haven't got the first clue.

Apologies if so mate.

There's no malice here, and probably nowhere else in previous posts. Please remember we are all big fans, blind spots and all.
    sojourner wrote: »
    Well, I tried to apologize. Seems no matter how I word it, it comes out wrong. I guess my mistake was trying to explain motive. That's the problem with text communication. People read into text connotations that aren't there or not intended. Things that would be clearer in person and not lead to issues like this.

I'm sorry MadKoifish felt the need to put me on ignore. I'm sorry I asked the question that kicked this all off. No harm was intended.

That is the issue you cannot see there is NO CONNOTATION to be read into it. You insult me with a veiled apology and refuse to admit it. And again you have to try to make yourself look good by adding more to it than is necessary to insult me.

INTENTION ask question about pay due to questions of RIGHTS of a DESIGN. MISLEAD with the question to get information
    Weather this was intentional or not it was WRONG. Slandering me to convince me and others otherwise WRONG again.

Continue to slander me with the excuse that it was an apology.
    Sorry if you read something into my posts that wasn't there.
    Again that is not an apology that is a insult.

I am not making **** up these are facts and they stand as they do in this thread.

shipfisher wrote: »
    I consider it a privilege that you share your wonderful work with us here MKF - gratitude and respect out to you mate. As such I don't like to see you upset about any issues raised here in the thread. Any artist who takes a design and puts there own skill and talent to a variation of it is paying homage to those going before them - a big part of what art is by my reckoning.

There must be many issues affecting the creative process, and any subsequent distribution or sharing of what's created, that are incredibly frustrating. Some of us, such as non-creative types like myself, can be so out of tune with these that we can insult without that fact ever being on our radar. I could be doing it right now...and I haven't got the first clue.

Apologies if so mate.

There's no malice here, and probably nowhere else in previous posts. Please remember we are all big fans, blind spots and all.

If that is what you think is the main issue here you are missing the point I have been attempting to make. I do not need anyone to presume what I read, that was written in my native tongue. I do not need anyone telling me I am imagining things either. What I have issue with is clear as day in this post. Apparently everyone lacks the ability to see it.

So with that I am having the mods lock this and I am gone from this forum. I gave plenty of chances for you to DROP it but you kept going on and on dragging this out to get the last word in.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Oh, good grief. Madkoi, if I had a dollar for every time you get your knickers in a twist and either decide you're "leaving the forum for good" or want a thread to be locked I'd ... have a lot of cash in my pocket.

Seriously, you do good work and all, but you're not the only one, and people just as talented as you (if not more) don't feel the need to act like such drama queens. They also manage to handle relatively minor quibbles with a damned sight more tact and grace. They also don't eff and blind every five minutes in a fit of pique.

NB: That isn't an indication of support for sojourner; intentionally or not what he did came across as underhanded and tactless. But it's certainly not support for your childish toy-throwing temper tantrums either. You sound like an adolescent jerk when you do this kind of thing, and you put various members off visiting your thread - regardless of artistic talent. (Feel free to click the ignore button, I'm not particularly interested either way)
    I'm thick enough to have missed the "underhanded and tactless" aspect of anything said in this forum, but accept it as such. On review, an overall tone that you somehow have no right to be offended does pervade some of the preceeding comments - that is unfair and you don't deserve it.

I am concerned with your reference, MKF, to what's written being in your "native tongue". I assume this might relate to my needing sub-titles to enjoy anime inferring you might not (I could be very wrong here again, but I digress...). Obviously less important in animation than live-action stuff, but I prefer any emotional nuances conveyed as originally produced, so sub-titles are the go for me - a lot of great stuff gets murdered by dubbing, regardless of what language you grow up speaking. That I would think you have trouble with any nuances in our common "native tongue" is at odds with my belief that your overall intelligence probably exceeds mine considerably. My interest in anime was, after all, on a "MKF likes it, so it's probably worth looking at" basis.

Still loving your skills, but not my ability to contribute any positive comments on them. So render on, posting elsewhere only if needs must (the hull registry on the ball looks great). I shall lurk in silent admiration :thumb: from here on in.
    Starscream wrote: »
    Oh, good grief. Madkoi, if I had a dollar for every time you get your knickers in a twist and either decide you're "leaving the forum for good" or want a thread to be locked I'd ... have a lot of cash in my pocket.

Seriously, you do good work and all, but you're not the only one, and people just as talented as you (if not more) don't feel the need to act like such drama queens. They also manage to handle relatively minor quibbles with a damned sight more tact and grace. They also don't eff and blind every five minutes in a fit of pique.

NB: That isn't an indication of support for sojourner; intentionally or not what he did came across as underhanded and tactless. But it's certainly not support for your childish toy-throwing temper tantrums either. You sound like an adolescent jerk when you do this kind of thing, and you put various members off visiting your thread - regardless of artistic talent. (Feel free to click the ignore button, I'm not particularly interested either way)

Thank you for the insults degrading name calling and childish retorts to flame the thread.

Of course I want the thread locked if not to stop people like you from adding to what should have ended already.

Tact, what tact are you showing in slinging offensive comments at me?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    There's a place for this type of discussion and it is not on Madkoifish's thread. Please stop your discussion so he can get back to his work and not worry about your pathetic attempts at keeping this trivial topic going as they are idiotic and childish. Such discussions are why this site gets a bad reputation.

To Madkoifish: Just a suggestion, so take it into advisement or not, but maybe just the NCC-129 on the back bottom side of the ball would seem sufficient. No need to go overboard as the sphere doesn't have that wide area of space the standard saucer does. As for the nacelles, maybe something similar to the secondary hull, but larger of course.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    There's a place for this type of discussion and it is not on Madkoifish's thread. Please stop your discussion so he can get back to his work and not worry about your pathetic attempts at keeping this trivial topic going as they are idiotic and childish. Such discussions are why this site gets a bad reputation.

True enough mate.

I've amended my now penultimate post accordingly.

If you'll forgive a tongue-in-cheek "Mighty Boosh" reference, I trust you have no anatomical eccentricities. :D

I'll shut-up for good now.
  • I am looking forward to seeing more of this iconic ship and what you have made of her Madkoifish. Your work is as good as any artist on here or in the movies, let the man create please!
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Oh dear slander and scurrilous accusations. Well thread locked as requested.
This discussion has been closed.