Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDaedalus Class starship

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Slightly different take on the rear. Might undo it all to inset the damned impulse in further so the side panels can shift further back, that or remove the gray bit for some part that floats above vs a shape built into the hull (the taper and width of the impulse is what is killing me here. Sorry the sample is half rendered but I had to quit the render. Should be enough to give an idea of the look albeit it'll all be deleted.

The torp dummy tubes are a bit large to by 1/3 I think, so ignore the dai of the things.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Think this is it, or close to.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice... I kind of like the new rear end.
    Windows, pew-pew turrets, adjusted torp dummy objects, and a cargo door.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good little engines on the back, is that some kind of shuttle bay above them? i think that the surfaces along the side of the hull are too plain and probably need greebling a bit. still liking the neck structure and the naccelle pylons.
    There is a reason I am not done, when did I say those areas were complete?

As I said if you would read my comments it is a cargo bay. It is tall enough for a TMP shuttle to go in and out TOS ones and ENT are much shorter. Idea is there would be no continuous access for shuttles just loading and unloading of cargo. Likely only small workbee like craft would come and go from here. The main shuttle bay will be a pass through ordeal on the side of the hull. This is because well to keep the ship small that rear area is just too tiny to house any sort of interior volume for a full shuttle bay.

Neck Crap.
    Ok, here we go some break outs to show how things are planned out in the neck. I probably made the thing way to big for I had originally planned only major trunklines and a few pass through halls with a few mechanical rooms here and there. I ended up with a 3 deck layout. The upper windows were originally going to be rooms but I decided after looking at space that I need to open up a central access and a mechanics hall would work best for this area. I might close off those windows since well a opening to space is a bit moot other than light or emergency "see wtf is going on outside"

The cutaway shows intent of the interior space. If I were to model all this stuff in any serious attempt I would probably move stuff around. it is just to illustrate the space. I left out beams girders and the like since well again it is just a suggestion of volume use.

Anyhow neck is probably near done maybe some decals and a few bumps here and there.
    UGH, I couldnt avoid it and I had to spend or waste time building one of these shuttle pods. I suppose advantage is later on I can detail it out I suppose. I had to enlarge it from the 6meter or 19ft long spec because it would have been 4ft high and unable to sustain a standing or crouching person as seen in the show so it is about 22ft maybe a bit larger. It is not the prettiest thing but it should do exp since I had to build the stupid thing twice due to a crash that corrupted the last save and the auto bak files.

STILL though it makes all the holes I have been punching into this thing HUGE. SO uh sadly I think I have to rebuild at least this side shuttle bay. Good thing is I will have a lot more room to do things in the bay. Depends how far I wanna go it also means that cargo bay is a huge opening as well so I could rethink that and rebuild it too.

Likely will dump some horrible colour on the pods so they stand out vs the med gray material. Aft cargo bay seems to work nearly perfect so I just have to decide what to do about the pass through bay. I think it probably is best to start over on it and make it smaller. But dunno.
    crap that render took forever. This is the new bay looking toward the frobnt of the ship. That central square feature is to clear the plasma trunkline and other junk. As seen it parks 4 pods here and in the aft depending how I manage it it can store more. Maybe another 4. These spaces would later on after the war become massive science labs and stowage for larger aux ships. Likely hood it would also be used for recreation on long missions.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    This is one of the best interpretations that I ever saw for this ship.
    I just suggest to move the naceles a bit to the front. ;)
    Any further forward and they will overlap the ball.
    Nacelles and torp holes.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I really like how you handled the deflector. The placement of the dish has always been a deal breaker for me on other versions of the Daedalus. Thumbs up though.
    Stuck some ribs on the nacelles, well it is just rings I placed down the nacelle body. Not sure what I want to do with these things. Multiple other updated bits here and there.
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    Freaking amazing... When I need inspiration, I go to a thread started by you, Madkoi! This will probably turn out to be my favorite version of the Daedalus class ship... Hope it's alright that some of these turn out to be desktop wallpapers...
  • greeblegreeble174 Posts: 0Member
    this looks really nice! is that a texture on those bussard collectors or have you modeled something behind with some opacity?
  • SchmidtFGSchmidtFG209 Posts: 203Member
    Great update. I love the nacelles and the bussards. Keep it up!
    greeble wrote: »
    this looks really nice! is that a texture on those bussard collectors or have you modeled something behind with some opacity?

No textures all junk in the trunk. There is some work that needs to be done in there though. Plan is to ditch all the light bulb objects for something a bit more interesting and likely clarify the materials a bit so it is all viewable close up.
    greeble wrote: »

No textures all junk in the trunk. There is some work that needs to be done in there though. Plan is to ditch all the light bulb objects for something a bit more interesting and likely clarify the materials a bit so it is all viewable close up.
    I agree with gerb200... not that you care or it matters, but I really love what you did with the deflector areas as well... especially the lower "deflector" area... IMO, making the center circle white to match the hull is very visually tasteful, and works well.
    With that last render I decided I needed to look at putting some stuff in those empty rooms. Still have a few desks and couches to import in instead of chairs. That or build new ones.

Decided to render off a interior shot of the main briefing room KIM it is only meant to be seen outside and at some distance not in room as this render shows.
    Ok mess of more renders showing all the other existing rooms so far with materials in and new self ilum maps. Not sure if the green will stick or not, it was green cause well the green was in the maps I used for the interiors. The lum mats really alter the feel of the interiors. After these renders I will likely go back to the nacelles. Or maybe punch holes in the ball and detail that out. I have been avoiding it due to those RCS thrusters.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I haven't checked this thread out until now as I'm not a big fan of this design, but I have to say I do love what you've done with the old girl. A most impressive rendering of this ship. Nice work.
    Well new RCS nozzles and crap.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    That conference lounge seems awfully low... Do you have a dude for size reference? The ship itself looks great, I like that control dome at the end of the neck; reminds me of Chris' Daedalus a lot. Which does remind me that I probably should try and finish that model as well...
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    "That's no moon..." Oh, sorry, sorry...

Great work, as always.
    new ball, mess of updates. No real motivation.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    The glow from the nacelles just caught up with me. It looks really great, although I do think that adding some detailing to the side of the nacelles (like Enterprise had) would make it a bit more visually interesting :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i agree the glow in the back is rather awesome. how was it done?
    Still loving it... especially the nice and subtle pearl aztecing on the ball.
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Looks damn near done, and better than some of what we have seen in theaters lately, nicely done.
This discussion has been closed.