Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDaedalus Class starship

• QuietInRealLifeQuietInRealLife0 Posts: 0Member
    shipfisher wrote: »
    Somewhere up, out there, looking at his original 1701 beside your lovely version of one of his first concepts for it, Matt Jefferies would be smiling. :)

Seconded

I've gotta say, I adore this take on the Daedalus. I'd love to see it along side Deg3D's amazing take on the Enterprise.

He's also got the same idea of amazing micro detail that 3D modelling sometimes lacks.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    shipfisher wrote: »
    Somewhere up, out there, looking at his original 1701 beside your lovely version of one of his first concepts for it, Matt Jefferies would be smiling. :)

IA’m with you too!
    Exellent work Dan. One of your best ones. :thumb:
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Thanks guys

Another rerender of a similar setting as the side by side render. This one suffers anger because everything usb died on my system just as I was about to save it. I had to restructure it and well I sorta went off to do other things before finishing it. I also did not really render it out large enough. Probably late SAT I should be back at modeling on this. Hope to finish soon.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • KilminsterKilminster0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful setting in these pictures. Very well done indeed.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Man! That Daedalus looks awesome! Love the second comped image and all the glowy bits in the back of hte Daedalus, awesome work!
    Ok. after other stuff keeping me from this then a massive system oddity, WUDFHost.exe crashing and restarting causing all USB to crap out. This cropped up when I was working on one of those comp images where I lost everything and had to start over cause everything USB crashed. Later on fresh boot and the system would be ok but after Firefox would eat 1~2gigs of ram it would rear it's ugly head by causing the aforementioned service to keep crapping sticks. I dunno what the hell it was but foolery with the OC running win update and a few other things adn it seems to be under control now. I guess. HEH I did rip everything out and just wipe a hdd and reinstalled win7 and it was not there so it is likely my SSD and the OS install on there being so crapped up. Anyhow threatening the system with HASWELL it started behaving.
    I swear X58 has been a nonstop nightmare.

ANYHOW

update consists of a rubbish paint over showing what details I have planned, not much really since I am thinking anymore detail stuff and this will start to go past my original intentions. Mostly it is finishing up windows hull details and balancing all the parts. There are a few major details like the bottle cap and registry markings but most of it I think is small rubbish busy work.

BTW attachment purge is due soon so heads up.
    Early steps to matching up the doodle. These are the coils for the deflection systems. I guess. lol.
    More details and panels around the bottle cap. Some bits are a bit to xmastree like so I might pull some of it back by dumping plain materials on it vs the glow stuff.

Ok maxed out like 0k left so before I update anymore it is attachment cleaning time. I will give it 10 or so hours before it starts getting zapped. Unless I get really lazy and do nothing Friday.
    Ok well the What You're Up To thread is way back somewhere so I will put this here since i doodled it while waiting for renders. I have been planning this for a while now, probably since 2199 released it's first 3 eps lol but just found other things to do or the lack of refs just kept me from moving past just collecting images and sorting out the old material. lol

familiarizing myself with my net project, or rather the universe fro my next project. A lot has changed and well memories change too I suppose lol. Not sure if this will be a make it close to the screen ship or even which version. I will detail the ships based on the mechanics art that 2199 seems to be heavily based on. I was and still am a huge fan of the art. LOD is just insane and is right up my ally as a challenge to get away from trek. I do plan to work on my own things again like I used to back in 2005~6 before trek bit me.
    REAL scribbly first time with a pencil in ages and my hand control I have noticed in the last 2 yrs has gone to hell. Whoever said this stuff was like riding a bike needs to be strung up by his balls with fishing line.

oh yeah it is a bad digicam pic so distortion. . . . need to uh, take back my scanner.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice final detailing, the cap stuff looks great, especially the coils. Those windows on the secondary hull in your paint over will finish this model off a treat when they're added.

Great stuff as always.
    All those glowball landing light things. I guess I should extrude the grid lines.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I love this. I cannot wait to see her in action. The beauty shots are great!
    Not much of a change been really easily distracted today lol. Anyhow cloned about a bunch of hull bits then got going on placing window cutters. I hope the slope of the hull is gradual enough that I do not have to align the cutter faces. I have yet to find a easy way to snap the face planes to the hull easily and keep it all aligned. I think this should be enough windows. There was a lot of waffling going on with the arboretum grouping, but I went with it in the end. Likely I will be extruding the panel lines before moving forward with anymore detail work.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great!
    Windows are in and little rooms. Not so sure how far I want to take the stupid arboretum or whatever it could be. I did unify the interior to span across the ship.
    Ok rough layout for the arboretum. Plan is a more plats for use than enjoyment. I will have some large trees in here in planter like things vs the TNG like park. I probably should do those odd hydro racks vs large pot things but I am sticking with what was seen in TOS. I might go the way of modern hydro racks though. Doubtful any of it will be easily seen though.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that second shot looking in through the windows is already good enough to mat live actors into! :o
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    amazing level of details here, wonderful work.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    W O N D E R F U L L !!!
  • RaftermanRafterman331 Posts: 0Member
    Just want to say that MKF u rock!:thumb: Following this thread with eager anticipation......drools
    More interior bits.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Wow! That's some minute detail. Nice work! :thumb:
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Very nice, you went to great lengths to make it look good and varied.

By the way, I love the texture used for the interior corridors, with the NX style door in TOS colors, and those green lights.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet peas! I mean SWEET WORK! :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    What's that round pedestal in the first pic?
    Shielded atmo planter for alien plants. Least that's what it turned into, it is a prop from TOS.
    Mess of misc things so a collection of renders. I think I probably should look at doing some stripes on the ball to mate it up to the rest of the bits. Dunno. Aft end reg is just cutters atm they need warping and adjustments prior to cutting. Not sure about the USS moniker as well UEFSA? UEF etc.
    Secondary hull needs some tags and I think I will stop fooling with it. The ball will need those tags as well and a few things here and there. I might go about adding red rings around the phaser turrets (dunno) Then I guess it is ball registry and final textures. Oh and I have a mess of yellow borders to cut around the aft RCS, atm it just has the striped tape.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Madkoifish, this is a bit off topic but came up on a another forum. Do the artists that contribute to the Ships of the Line calendars receive any compensation, or is it purely voluntary?
    We are paid for it if that is what you mean. We do get comp copies, though I did not get anything for 2013. They were probably stolen off my porch, but then again we almost did not have a 2013 issue. Not that any of that matters when compared to being part of something Trek.

It is not something you are going to get rich from, I have pretty much spent all of what I get towards the hobby. Putting it into PC hdw etc. I hoped to get some toys like a tablet this year but my current pc is quickly going tits up. So yeah leftovers and this year is a bare bones haswell, I hope.

Before it is asked, I have not heard anything about 2015. I am putting something together just in case I do, but who knows.
This discussion has been closed.