Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSith Fury

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The ship is absolutely beautiful. You've done a masterful job on it. :thumb:
    Thanks. I have a lvl 50 warrior that is languishing on some server somewhere :(

Despite joining the game just a few months after it was launched, I've never made it that far with any character. I always play for a bit and get a character (sometimes) into the twenties and then get distracted by something else and don't play for a long while. Then, when I come back, I want to "start fresh," so I always restart my characters. :shiner: Plus, I have a hard time (sometimes) deciding which class I want to try to take "all the way." I'm currently playing as a Bounty Hunter and I swear I'm going to go the distance with this one. ;)
  • Got around to starting the textures. I had to go over the model and create a bunch of vertex groups, bake out some masks and set up the layers for the texture files. :argh:

Here is a couple of plain diffuse renders of the front landing gear. Minor bit of tweaking/detail still needed. Have to do something about the glaring sharp corners of the lower arm. I will not bevel. Don't want to redo the unwraps, etc. No specular map(s) yet. The texture on the rear gear is just a place holder for the moment.
    That looks fantastic. The level of detail is worthy of the model. :D
  • I'm currently playing as a Bounty Hunter and I swear I'm going to go the distance with this one. ;)

Bounty hunter is a cool toon.

Just getting the colors down and painting seams out before I even out the some of the color and do a second pass with some minor detail.

And kind thanks.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice highly detailed work there. If you use that level of detail across the whole thing, that is going to be a masterpiece. Looking forward to more.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    Love it!

Though I think I recognize that metal texture. I may or may not be using the same one on my Ambassador. :p
  • McC wrote: »
    Though I think I recognize that metal texture. I may or may not be using the same one on my Ambassador. :p

I downloaded this metal texture from cgtextures.com (to give proper credit for the work included with this model :) )

Here is the overall plain diffuse color minus any dirt, minor painted detail, or specular textures :P

What an exhausting, sometimes frustrating, yet ultimately rewarding experience so far.
    Thanks for all the kindly comments.
    :o

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    great work. those latest renders are quite amazing.
    Sweet work mate, excellent renders and texture work. This will have to go toe to toe with Fractal's X70-b Jedi cruiser thing when he finishes it.

:thumb:
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Looks truly amazing :) :) :)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    amazing work!

Chris
  • wibblewibble1148 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Sweet work mate, excellent renders and texture work. This will have to go toe to toe with Fractal's X70-b Jedi cruiser thing when he finishes it.

I may be wrong but I don't think the X-70B Phantom is a Jedi Ship. Anyway I agree that your two ships would gave a nice couple. Go ahead make babys ... ahm ... wallpapers.
  • Northern_MindNorthern_Mind173 Posts: 0Member
    Love this ship from the SwTor, and love what you've done with it :)

Oh and gents, Fractal is doing the Imperial Agent ship.
    The textures look fantastic. :thumb:
    wibble wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I don't think the X-70B Phantom is a Jedi Ship.

You are correct. It's a modified civilian ship used by Imperial Intelligence.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed. The two Jedi classes (Knight and Consular) use the Defender as their ship, which is more or less a mini-Corellian corvette.

Nice work btw RewiredMonkey. The Fury turned out nice.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    A stunner!
    Ahh right, haven't played the game. assumed it was a good guy ship due to the similarities to the Naboo cruiser.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Ahh right, haven't played the game. assumed it was a good guy ship due to the similarities to the Naboo cruiser.

Yeah, it's kind of a "oddity" among Sith ships. For one thing, it's a round peg in a square hole, since the other Sith ships are more angular. It's almost too "pretty" to be a Sith ship. However, it's all a smoke screen. You're told when you get the ship in the game that it has the look of a luxury ship but the armament of an advanced fighter, or something like that. Basically, it's like a James Bond car. It looks like a BMW, but it's really a tank. ;) They probably designed it after the Naboo N1 starship on purpose, because that's one of the few luxury ships we've seen in Star Wars.

From the game:
    "One of the most sophisticated lightweight starships in the galaxy, the X-70B Phantom is an experimental model designed to resemble a luxury shuttle while possessing the combat capacity of a heavy starfighter. Beneath the sleek metal exterior and the interior wood paneling is an unmatched density of sophisticated circuits, wires, cooling systems and other components, many never before used in a starship of this size. The X-70B shields its military-grade hardware from virtually all scanners, allowing it to travel unnoticed among civilian vessels. Its own sensor capabilities are formidable, and although not normally equipped with a cloaking device (due to heat and power concerns), the ship can be refitted with such a module for short-term missions. Maintenance work on the X-70B is extraordinarily difficult and expensive due to the super-compressed nature of its mechanics, making the Phantom-class an unlikely candidate for wide-scale production. This difficulty is only aggravated by the fact that Imperial Intelligence refuses to share its ship specifications with the Imperial military. "
    The stupid part is that if it's actually an Imperial design, and worse yet one only employed by Imperial Intelligence and jealously guarded, it would be dead easy to spot. What would have made far more sense was for them to have said it was a retrofit of an existing widely available commercial design, the same as smugglers do with freighters.
    I think it is supposed to be a widely available design. They say it can "blend in" with civilian ships, so I'm assuming there's not just the one of them. ;)
    The fluff would suggest that it is a custom built design. It may look like a civilian vessel, but I see no indication that it looks like a specific extant commercial model. Given that the game indicates that it is known about by various Imperial services, and that both the SIS and IA apparently know pretty much everything that the other is up to, I can't see its true nature remaining secret. So, like I said, it should be pretty easy to spot, and presumably on every Republic security services' watch list.
    Wait, are you implying that a game can have bad writing?! :p

You're not even "undercover" the whole time during the game and, at times, identify yourself as an intelligence agent. All it takes is an enemy agent or informant to see you coming and going to identify the ship for what it is. So,yeah, not the best conceived "secret" ship. ;) Hell, not even the best operative storyline, when you think about it. A deep cover operative should never identify themself as an operative.
    Hehe, yeah, there is some terrible writing in all the class stories. The Agent story seems to regularly get touted as the best story on either side, but having finished all 8, I'm not sure I would rate it very high.
  • I like the critical argument going on here. You guys know much more than me. The most I know of the merits or purpose of design of any of these ships is, well nothing. :lol: As for the writing in the game...yes there was some wonky dialogue and character motivation issues, but I only capped a warrior, with a bounty hunter and inquisitor tank in tow. I did notice the specific tone of each character's stories though, which I thought was a nice touch.

Well anyway, here is the final renders with the specular and all the little light bits. I am calling it done so I can move on to other projects. I can say that it has been quite a learning experience.
    Man, that is beautful! Very nice work!
    Dude, that looks f***ing awesome. I could sit here and just drink in the modeled details and the textures for a while, but I have things to do. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    sorry to say but i honestly think the last set of pics i commented on were better(the newest ones make the surfaces look a little "flat"). perhaps you've just changed the lighting and that's what's making these latest pics a little worse. it is f***ing awesome, but maybe half a percent less f***ing awesome than those last pics.
    That looks awesome, cracking work.

• ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Menacingly splendid. I love the detail work here, especially on the inner panels