Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSith Fury

• Not quite sure why there is a kink in the pattern there. Isn't the whole wing section planar?

It is a little wonky. The vents are separate objects shaped and placed with the care of a clumsy monkey. I should go back and extrude the slats directly from that part of the wing so the shape is consistent.
  • TALON_UK wrote: »
    Lovely model by the way, don't know why it took me so long to check out this thread. loving the level of detail you're putting into this.

Thanks for the comments everyone. my first big model...bit overwhelming...but fun...here's some crude wires for no reason. (It's appropriate to give credit to easy-bios for the shader from the blendswap site http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/22208 since I didn't come up with it.)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    very good, although it is not on the original design consider elongating the cockpit area in the forward/backward axis. is it nearly finished now?
  • very good, although it is not on the original design consider elongating the cockpit area in the forward/backward axis. is it nearly finished now?

There may be some tweaks to the cockpit still. There is still a lot of detail to conjure up and the landing gear, so it's...I'd say about half done.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Coming along nicely there RewiredMonkey. TOR proved to be a massive disappointment, but the ship designs were (mostly) one of the few redeeming points. Although they were completely ridiculous for the time period.
    although it is not on the original design consider elongating the cockpit area in the forward/backward axis.
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do that? If you think it's too physically small, keep in mind that the Fury is not the size of a TIE, it's more in line with something like the Falcon scale-wise. Internally at least, the cockpit is about 3 or 4 times larger than the Falcon's. If you are thinking more about pilot visibility, I don't think any amount of lengthening is going to help with that, what with those giant "wings" in the way.
  • Most of the detail on the wings is done! There is the portion on the underside of the back half that flip open that still need work, but that won't require as much effort or the whiskey to stave off the madness of modeling detail :D
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice detail work. She's looking great. :)
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Looks excellent !
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
  • I have been wanting to get back to this model and am happy to have resurrected the thing! The front landing strut is done. I wanted to maintain the look of the in-game model while adding detail and making it look more 'realistic.' I think it came out well.
    I agree, it came out well. It looks like what the game artists may have done if they hadn't had strict polygon limits.
  • Rear landing strut and the ramp supports. The three legs of the landing gear are the same on the in-game model. Each leg looks like the one i modeled for the front of the ship. I wanted a different landing strut for the two in the rear. I searched for some pics of the Millenium Falcon's landing gear then settled on a plastic part from a big Falcon I remembered was under a blanket of dust.
    I recognize those! :D I have that same model kit lying around somewhere.

Looks fabulous!
  • McC wrote: »
    I recognize those! :D I have that same model kit lying around somewhere.
    Looks fabulous!

Thanks!

I finally finished all of the panel detail on the top and bottom of the ship (haven't rendered that out yet) and started on all the random junk placed around the perimeter of the ship. This is just a quick render for now.
    It looks great. It's amazing how much better these details look when they're modeled and not just textured on. :D
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome! great work on the details
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet, looking forward to seeing this completed, great looking work.
  • Thank you, everyone.

Btw, do you want to see something cool? The modeling is complete! :argh: There are only minor tweaks I noticed during the cleanup and unwrapping that need to be made. I'm looking forward to starting the textures and rig.

Some quick, plain, lazy clay renders for the time being.
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    Great work, she came out looking awesome.

I started a Sith Warrior in the game yesterday and I'm almost to the part where you get the ship. Too bad it won't look this good. ;)
    awesome! looks great!
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    That is amazing. And to think I only discovered this thread a few days ago… :)
    Nice, and a cracking level of detailing throughout. Looking forward to seeing the thing textured.

:thumb:
  • Great work, she came out looking awesome.

I started a Sith Warrior in the game yesterday and I'm almost to the part where you get the ship. Too bad it won't look this good. ;)

Thanks. I have a lvl 50 warrior that is languishing on some server somewhere :(
  • I am relieved that the hard work is over. It feels good that all the hours of coffee fueled and cross-eye inducing modeling is finished. <heaps thanks unto all>

I baked out some ambient occlusion maps and rendered with a bit of metal shine. The texturing begins...
    Hot damn, that's lovely!
  • And a few more:
    Aye, that is looking mighty fine.
    this rocks!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Great job!