Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Take on the Excalibur

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    sure
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Well, when talking about size (I always have to start by saying size apparently doesn't mater, ahem, cough cough) I think if it's a flight of fancy nothing wrong with building a 400 deck tall ship like yours. One thing I would say though is you'll have to scale everything else, not just the windows texture. That sensor pallette becomes the size of Belgium, so you need to replace it with a row of 30 or so small ones. And the lettering on the hull needs to shrink down by about 300%. Otherwise, aces. :D :D :D
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    That sensor pallette becomes the size of Belgium, so you need to replace it with a row of 30 or so small ones.

Lt.Brian : "I'm off duty now, so im off to my quarters."
    Lt.Helen : "Wanna meet up later? Ya know, maybe for some...coffee?"
    Lt.Brian : "Id love to, but my quarters are a 2 day journey by turbolift. Maybe tuesday?"
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    :lol:
  • ScatterScatter0 Posts: 0Member
    hahahahaha. that's pretty good.
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    As I was saying... Can I use the ship in a roleplaying game stfanboy?

And yeah a small foldaway shipyard would be cool.
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    "The ship is too big. If I walk the movie will be over."

Dark Angel you might want to ask Rivers3D about that.
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    I've never a problem with anyone using any of my designs or models in their RPGs, Sims, or whatever they want. Its for peoples enjoyment i make my designs, so feel free to go nuts, Dark. Making money out of them is the only taboo. :)
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    stfanboy wrote: »
    "The ship is too big. If I walk the movie will be over."

Dark Angel you might want to ask Rivers3D about that.

Ha Spaceballs
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    It's a little known fact that they actually introduced 2 classes of Starship that were designed for the soul purpose of transporting personnel from one part of this ship to another.

I joke, but at the same time I did download your pic for use as wallpaper.
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    Rivers3D wrote: »
    Someone just pointed me to this thread after i was commenting on the STexcalibur.com team's version of my old rust bucket.
    http://www.stexcalibur.com/forum/index.php/topic,5215.0.html

I couldn't find the orthos, just parts of the ship on that site...
    publiusr wrote: »
    I couldn't find the orthos, just parts of the ship on that site...

I think they are keeping most of the design a secret at STexcalibur. I can't wait to see they're take on it and I hope its going to be a great game.
    Sources say V-ger was 82 AUs long, which is freakin huge.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Sources say V-ger was 82 AUs long, which is freakin huge.

Which is probably just what a writer, who knows nothing of actual astronomic science and just how big a single AU is, would write :rolleyes:. After all, if it were a single AU long, it would take light an average of 8 minutes to travel the length of it seeing as an AU is the average distance from the sun to the Earth. 149,597,870.7 kilometres (as provided by Wikipedia)

Kind of the same thing when back in the 70's writers for the old BSG show had the Galactica going from galaxy to galaxy without ever cluing in that they meant system to system :o :lol:
    cavebear wrote: »
    Which is probably just what a writer, who knows nothing of actual astronomic science and just how big a single AU is, would write :rolleyes:. After all, if it were a single AU long, it would take light an average of 8 minutes to travel the length of it seeing as an AU is the average distance from the sun to the Earth. 149,597,870.7 kilometres (as provided by Wikipedia)

Kind of the same thing when back in the 70's writers for the old BSG show had the Galactica going from galaxy to galaxy without ever cluing in that they meant system to system :o :lol:

I was actually watching the remastered edition and I noticed that the cut out the "8", so that it was only 2 AUs. Listen to the original version and it says it's 82 AUs.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It would be bigger than our own solar system....
    Aresius wrote: »
    It would be bigger than our own solar system....

Probably not. Since Earth to the sun is one Au, so maybe to neptune or Uranus.
    That was the power field of the vessel, btw.
    No, Neptue is only 30AU away, so with Neptunes orbit as diameter, you still only get 60AU.
    Even if you count Pluto (39AU), you still have only 78AU.
    That thing IS bigger.
    Well they changed it to 2 AUs, because that would more appropriate for what was seen in the film, so I was off. Maybe like Mars or the asteroid belt.
  • regemetregemet0 Posts: 0Member
    If you were to ask me to me the absolute limit in size is the I,S,A Excalibur in crusade at 3km long. As for the Super Stardestroyer Execture in Star Wars well that is just ridiculous
    I'd think the ASteroid Belt is a good call there...
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    Not to hijack the thread, but since it got brought up...

The solar system itself extends almost 1 LY in radius, counting the debris that is trapped gravitationally to the Sun. The Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud material is quite a ways out there. There are also smaller planetoids like Sedna and Eris that have orbits that approach within 40 AU but then extend out to nearly 1000 AU!

Anyway, nice ship... but there haven't been updates recently...
    Anyway, nice ship... but there haven't been updates recently...

Sorry About that guys i'm working on it everyday but its at a snails pace. My System is 3 years old and cuting the windows and adding detail to the sensor strips is taking forever. Thats just on the bow of the saucer rim. It takes around 5-10 minutes just to save the file. So it might be awhile.
    This is what my system is.
    Q6600 Quad core
    4 gigs ram ddr2
    2 quadro 8500s

Yes shes old. I need more money to upgrade. :(
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    No, Neptue is only 30AU away, so with Neptunes orbit as diameter, you still only get 60AU.
    Even if you count Pluto (39AU), you still have only 78AU.
    That thing IS bigger.

Um well in fact as the system is thought to be a good 1.5 light years. The Heliopause is that far out and then you have the ort cloud with Pluto type planets spread through out... but anyway this is kinda off topic.
    Ok got a little more memory. Its still a little slow but I can at least cut windows now.

Bow windows finished. Now off to the bow thruster and sensor strips.
    87018.jpg
    wip.jpg 13.3K
    Whoa, 18 decks just on the bow?
    Crap, this thing seeminly even dwarfs a Stardestroyer...
    Amazing, and good luck cutting even only half of the number of windows out you planned. I don't think you machine can handle...
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Holy WOW! Okay, I knew this was big but to see the windows cut really shows just how massive this ship is. Great job stfanboy!
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    "That's no moon!"
    :lol: