Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Take on the Excalibur

• rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    While looking through the technical commentaries at the force.net......I found a cross section of the Star destroyer that shows a possible deck layout.....
    88716.gif
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    rwking yeah already looked at that the demisions are off, but thanks anyways and Dannage thanks been looking at the height of the decks.

Ok you guys are going to be like WTF but after looking over the sizes of the windows which are 2 meters tall I scaled the ship to those. OMG I scared myself for what I came up with. I'm not going to scale it down. I'm going to leave it be. So here goes. Time to get my butt kicked by you guys.

Length 11.6km
    Height 1.4KM
    Beam 2.1km
    Decks-380
    :lol:

Yeah its laughable.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    yeah, really hilarious figures. the official length given by George Lukas is 1600 meters length
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    yeah, really hilarious figures. the official length given by George Lukas is 1600 meters length

I'm thinking he means that the Excalibur is that big. ;)
  • Steven_PicklesSteven_Pickles0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm truly loving this design, its definitely about time someone did a ship of ths size. I've been working on my own (you can check the threads via my profile) but its nothing compared to this.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Ha, still shorter than the Executor! :P

Nice work tho, I really like it.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    I'm thinking he means that the Excalibur is that big. ;)

kk...
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    rwking wrote: »
    Personally, I think the Trek genre needs to explore more of the "Bigger is better" mentality. That's been done somewhat with Things like Unimatrix One, The Fesarius, The Voth city ship.......but not the Federation and Starfleet itself. I mean the largest shp is the Sovie, which IIRC sits somewhere between 600 and 800 meters.

Proxima Yamato and some game generated ships have been done. I'd like to see some TMP era versions of some of the larger ships in the trek novels. Other vessels in SC-fi are huge, and fed ships stay small. How things have changed. The Enterprise used to be the biggest spaceship on screen. I'd like to see that again.
    Ok Since I got the scale of her down. I did some playing around after doing some work on her. I put Fractalspnge's ISD and put Isidor's soverign in to get a feel. What a feeling it is. ;)
    89300.jpg
  • KengKeng0 Posts: 0Member
    This is a real Starship...........
    Wow, that's huge....

THe bridge dome alone is almost as big as the Sovereigns sauccer. Same goes for those big viewports to either side.

Amazing work.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    You know, I'm fairly sure this is bigger than Spacedock 1. Impressive, but just a little confusing. Those escape pods seem to be about the size of a Connie saucer, and those bay windows at the bow are nearly as tall as the Sovereign saucer! Impressive, but confusing . . .
  • Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    attachment.php?attachmentid=88413&d=1297912924
    From that render, the shuttles are 1/5 the size of a sovereign class...
    LockeFP wrote: »
    You know, I'm fairly sure this is bigger than Spacedock 1. Impressive, but just a little confusing. Those escape pods seem to be about the size of a Connie saucer, and those bay windows at the bow are nearly as tall as the Sovereign saucer! Impressive, but confusing . . .

Yeah Havn't gotten to scaling and placing the Lifeboats yet. Its going to be a little while until I get to them. The huge bay windows are going to stay huge. Going to keep those as the rec deck(s) bay windows.
    From that render, the shuttles are 1/5 the size of a sovereign class...

Did the hanger before I got the scaling right. I might put a Nova in there if the hanger is big enough.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    stfanboy wrote: »
    Ok Since I got the scale of her down. I did some playing around after doing some work on her. I put Fractalspnge's ISD and put Isidor's soverign in to get a feel. What a feeling its. ;)

I can only imagine what my Nova would look like it that pic. Nice job.
    Lonewriter I don't think its your Nova? I got it off of the long dead site ST Austrailia. So if you guys can tell me who made the mesh I could give credits. Anyways she almost fits as you can see in the second picture. I'll make the hanger deeper later and redo some stuff. All in all she can fit in there.
    89313.jpg89314.jpg
    There is something really wrong with that Nova. The contours are out of whack. Perhaps this one would suit you better. Not sure if that's Lonewriter's, but it looks much more accurate.
    Lonewriter I don't think its your Nova? I got it off of the long dead site ST Austrailia. So if you guys can tell me who made the mesh I could give credits. Anyways she almost fits as you can see in the second picture. I'll make the hanger deeper later and redo some stuff. All in all she can fit in there.
    I know it isn't mine, mine isn't released to the public, I do have this one it was built by Scifi-Art, Mike Wright
    LockeFP wrote: »
    There is something really wrong with that Nova. The contours are out of whack. Perhaps this one would suit you better. Not sure if that's Lonewriter's, but it looks much more accurate.

Would be nice but I'm using 3ds Max, but thanks anyways. :cool:
    Well, you could always import one from Bridge Commander. Not the most poly-intensive models, but decent enough to pass with what you're doing.
    or convert that one to Max. The only Max version I know of other than that old one from SciFi Art is mine.
  • regemetregemet0 Posts: 0Member
    Stfanboy I was thinking you could carry Intrepid class Starships as survayers
    regemet wrote: »

wouldn't that be to big? Voyager is 342.5 meters.
    regemet wrote: »

Yeah there will be two of them.

Lonewriter wrote: »
    wouldn't that be to big? Voyager is 342.5 meters.

Nope, they are actually pretty tiny and they will be able to fit in the hangers I plan on building on the back end of the saucer rim. The saucer rim is 35 decks high. A Intrepid class has 15.

Oh if anyone wants to see what ships are going to be assigned let me know I will post some crapy charts that I made.
  • AragaunAragaun0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah there will be two of them.

Nope, they are actually pretty tiny and they will be able to fit in the hangers I plan on building on the back end of the saucer rim. The saucer rim is 35 decks high. A Intrepid class has 15.

Oh if anyone wants to see what ships are going to be assigned let me know I will post some crapy charts that I made.

I would like to see what ships you would assign.
  • regemetregemet0 Posts: 0Member
    As would I.
    Ok I know what you guys are probably thinking. "Two Sovy's, really?!?!" Look at the third picture and you can clearly see why I have two of them.
    89419.JPG89421.jpg89420.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    As big as this thing is there should be a lot more embarked craft. You could probably get by with five times as many fighters and shuttlecraft.
    :eek!:
    We just entered the freak-zone here. It dwarfs a CUBE!
    Oh boy....
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    Here is an idea that you might like to take a look at for future uberships:

I like Vektor's Ent F nacelle pairs, and this for a lower saucer:
    http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?share=869
    http://chrismaddenart.com/ent-f_final.jpg

I like this multilayered neck Here
    http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4544976&postcount=76

And the open shuttlebay here
    http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/603090

Now combine them all into this design--but with your level of detail
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4961775&postcount=1396

The top stillneeds that multi-layered Sovereign ziggurat--that layered look that looks best in superships. Keep the saucer circular, like a detachable starbase left behind by the drive section.