Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701 Refit Ver. 3.0

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    great stuff! extraordinary! thnx to share orthos of your work with us all.....
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Excellent!
  • BCL323BCL3232 Posts: 0Member
    Hey this is great work! Easily rivals the one I'm working on, especially in the fine/small details. I think you also have a more accurate and cleaner model too. I like your approach to the pearlescent look. I did something similar, but I instead used a noisy, varying pastel color texture across all white metallic surfaces. I might try and test your method on my project and see how it works:)
  • wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
    BCL323 wrote: »
    Hey this is great work! Easily rivals the one I'm working on, especially in the fine/small details.

You both have beautiful refits, beautiful interiors and nice details, but both of you also have the nacelle shape wrong. Seems everyone is missing that point, or just not mentioning it for some reason.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    wjaspers wrote: »
    You both have beautiful refits, beautiful interiors and nice details, but both of you also have the nacelle shape wrong. Seems everyone is missing that point, or just not mentioning it for some reason.

I can't see anything wrong with the shape of the nacelles on either model. I'm usually very good at spotting inconsistencies (mainly because I'm so good at making them myself), but I can't see a problem on either Ryutaro's or BCL323's. My guess is no one has mentioned it because they haven't noticed it. What exactly is wrong with them?
  • BCL323BCL3232 Posts: 0Member
    @Buckaroohawk & wjaspers:
    I think what wjaspers is refering to is actually something I've been aware of. (please correct me if I'm mistaken) The nacelle starts with sort of flat sides with round edges at the front, and transitions to a cylindrical shape at the back, and "pinches" or tapers to the flat angled end. Not sure I can tell on Ryutaro's version, but mine do in fact do that. However, on my model the shape is indeed a bit off, and not quite a full cylindrical shape where it tapers. I will probably leave it as is though, since it really is a quite hard to notice detail, as evidenced by almost no one noticing it. I didn't even on my own model for a long time.;)
    BCL323 wrote: »
    @Buckaroohawk & wjaspers:
    I think what wjaspers is refering to is actually something I've been aware of. (please correct me if I'm mistaken) The nacelle starts with sort of flat sides with round edges at the front, and transitions to a cylindrical shape at the back, and "pinches" or tapers to the flat angled end.

Almost correct, except the part of where it starts, it allready starts as a tube at the beginning, that what's the nacelle is made off, a 4" tube.

Instead of posting an ugly picture in this thread here is a link to it:
    http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/wjaspers/STMPent29.jpg

In the background you see a picture of the 1701, the red arrows are where the tube starts, upper left a cross section of it, bottom left the one from RYUTARO, bottom right the one from BCL323. Maybe not a big issue, but try and do the dock sequence from TMP, you surely will notice it.
  • The VorlonThe Vorlon337 Posts: 11Member
    The nacelles look fine to me, but the pylons seem much too thick, especially at the top where they meet the nacelles. The real pylons on the filming model are the same thickness in the middle all the way up, and thin to the front and rear, as far as I know. I can't find any good pics of that, though.
    I can see the differences in the photos, but it's so subtle that if it hadn't been pointed out I would never have noticed it. You got some keen eyes for spotting it, wjaspers. I thought I knew this ship down to it's smallest details, but this is something I'd never caught before.

In any case I don't think the differences in either Ryutaro's or BCL323's models detract from anything established on the original filming miniature. In my mind I've chalked it up to artistic license.
  • RYUTARO YAMADARYUTARO YAMADA347 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry for the late reply.
    wjaspers wrote: »
    Almost correct, except the part of where it starts, it allready starts as a tube at the beginning, that what's the nacelle is made off, a 4" tube.

Instead of posting an ugly picture in this thread here is a link to it:
    http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/wjaspers/STMPent29.jpg

In the background you see a picture of the 1701, the red arrows are where the tube starts, upper left a cross section of it, bottom left the one from RYUTARO, bottom right the one from BCL323. Maybe not a big issue, but try and do the dock sequence from TMP, you surely will notice it.

Thank you for pointing out.
    Modifying the shape of the cross section is likely to take time.

The Vorlon wrote: »
    The nacelles look fine to me, but the pylons seem much too thick, especially at the top where they meet the nacelles. The real pylons on the filming model are the same thickness in the middle all the way up, and thin to the front and rear, as far as I know. I can't find any good pics of that, though.

to joint surface of the pylon and nacelle, There is very thick.
    and there is no uniform thickness.
    The Official drawing too thin pylons.
    86692.jpg
    eagledocf15
    Don't drive yourself crazy splitting hairs on this build, Ryutaro. I understand the need to make the model as accurate as possible, but don't let it take you over the edge. There's always room to make allowances for small inconsistencies.
    If you are interested, here is a drawing of the struts.
    86717.jpg
    Simply because there is no time.

Modify the shape of the nacelle.

And Saucer separation test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joXd_lJYojA
    87133.jpg87134.jpg87135.jpg87136.jpg
    And ....Some posts lost?
    Very nice animation! And now I'm not the only one on YouTube with a video of the saucer separating from a Constitution Class Vessel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08KInikVXQ

By the way, if you ever decide to do more than just test how this looks, don't forget there are explosive charges located along the separation line to aid in the process.

Your model looks more amazing with each new update. Keep them coming!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks great Ryutaro! Now you must subimit a few renderings to the Calendar! :)
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Its kind of surreal seeing the TMP enterprise do a saucer separation, but its pretty neat
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    I love this scene.
    Very good!
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    magnificent work
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nice!
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Wow fantastic work :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    I have two major fix to.
    I do not have time to see more pictures please.
    87865.jpg87866.jpg87868.jpg87869.jpg87870.jpg
    eagledocf15
    And, The three big picture.
    87871.jpg87872.jpg87873.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I like it
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Awesome!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great as always :)
    What can you say when you are looking at one GOOD looking model, Awesome :)
    I never tire at looking at different artist's perceptions of this ship. That's why she's my favorite; each brings their own unique interpretation, but she always looks so beautiful and elegant. Exceptional work, Ryutaro!
    First,
    My house is far from areas where the disaster occurred.
    I'm safe.

It is still busy, but add a picture.
    88368.jpg88369.jpg88370.jpg88371.jpg88372.jpg