Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701 Refit Ver. 3.0

• RYUTARO YAMADARYUTARO YAMADA347 Posts: 0Member
    Compared with the model of this ENTERPRISE, and models of the past, long secondary hull, there is a margin in volume.
    Is very tight.
    But, They are just fit to the hull.

I was not able to find only a label of three patterns that are used in the movie. They are red and blue and yellow label.
    I if not found any more article, I may creating few pattern.
    96303.jpg96304.jpg
  • seanrseanr1121 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    That looks awesome! Nice work.
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Unbelievable work, oustanding! I made a 1701-A back in the day (never fully completed it), and thought I was going all out on the details, but you have taken yours to a whole new level. You set the bar so high on this model it's through the roof! Even chamfering the edges in the interiors!

Very nice!

JMoney
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Compared with the model of this ENTERPRISE, and models of the past, long secondary hull, there is a margin in volume.
    Is very tight.
    But, They are just fit to the hull.

Yeah, it looks like a tight squeeze (mine barely fits Dennis Bailey's Enterprise), but I just love that little viewing room! It reminds me of a little off duty rest area. It could work well with some small benches under the view ports. Or you could put some smaller standing consoles in there and let it become a minor office for organizing some of the duties and business on deck, while remaining just out of the fray of hectic activities. I'm sure the main supervisor would have a larger, more dedicated, office space a few decks up though. :D
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    What kills me about this is that none of the modeling looks that hard. I mean, no crazy complex curves or anything. (It's certainly not the Enterprise-D.) But putting it all together is genius! I've seen a lot of TMP shuttlebays (still my favorite TMP set) and this is really the first time it feels like I could walk around in it.

Bravo!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Continue the progress of construction of the hangar bay.
    96590.jpg96591.jpg96592.jpg96593.jpg96594.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    awesome, love seeing the extra corridors and stuff
    Beautiful stuff.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Excellent!!
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Very impressive!
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    This is an embarrassment of riches. Two terrific TMP shuttle decks being worked on!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Getting a look "behind the scenes" is great!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Great, i love this hangar :)
  • doubleofivedoubleofive0 Posts: 0Member
    When it's done, I'd love to see if these mattes from TMP could be replaced with CG.
    TMP-hanger-notes.jpg
    The notes are from a fan-edit project I was helping out with a while back.
    96624.jpg
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    Why replace them with CG when the original shots are perfectly good enough already?
    Why replace them with CG when the original shots are perfectly good enough already?
    Finer detail? Better angle? Just to see if it can be done?
    There's the slippery slope that lead to the Star Wars special editions right there which proved that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. As an exercise in learning how to do live action/virtual set integration though it would probably be a cool project.
    There's the slippery slope that lead to the Star Wars special editions right there which proved that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. As an exercise in learning how to do live action/virtual set integration though it would probably be a cool project.
    Which is pretty much what the Special Editions started out as, first a restoration of the original effects, then a fun side project to see if they could integrate CG into old movies as practice for Jar Jar. (Trust me, I know.) Unfortunately, someone got the bright idea to make it the ONLY version available, but that's neither here nor there.

Trying to matte the CG into the existing live action plate could be fun as a fan project to see if it could be done.
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Not to change the subject and take away from this amazing thread, I own the original laserdisc or star wars, as well as the LD of the special addition, adding and changing has it's merits, but the final battle (star wars) has been ruined (continuity) by later additions, this can only be seen by reviewing each edition. The 20 year release of TMP was a great achievement, but softened the tone of the first movie. I agree that many of the interior special effects (hangar bay) would have benefited from a "refit", but such is the movement, I am saddened by the recent death of Ralph McQuarrie, he made Star Wars what it was...
    saultenian wrote: »
    The 20 year release of TMP was a great achievement, but softened the tone of the first movie.

I absolutely hate the so-called "director's edition" of TMP - that was a very low budget and amateurish hack job if you ask me. It looks and feels like a cheap fan-edit. Mixing state of the art (if flawed and at times horrible) 1970's opticals with low-budget 90's TV level CGI had very questionable results. You only have to look at the blu ray release of the theatrical version of TMP to see that really, there's not very much wrong with that film - it is far better than it had any right to be considering its frantic and disorganised production - so its really a miracle it came out as good as it did. At least they actually bothered to find a decent print of the film and to perform some cleanup on it for the blu ray - the DE DVD release looks like it was sourced from a print they found in the closet at a disused cinema.

Anyway back to the thread at hand - this is definitely the best depiction I've seen of the interior of the refit Enterprise. Brilliant work.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Phenomenal amount of detail you're packing in here. Particularly like the dense greebling you have over that doorway in the 4th screenshot. Great work.

:thumb:
    Love the recreation of the angle from TMP!
    Beautiful work! I love the floor sliding base for the workbee docks. That totally makes sense. :D

Did you create a step down (or is it a ramp?) near the airlock to account for the offset of the docking ring on the outer hull? Also, what is that rectangular patch in the center of the cargo bay (3rd image from the left)?

Again. Beautiful work.
    Thank you.

First, a small slope in front of the air lock door, which was fine-tuning can result, is not a big meaning.

In the outer and inner air lock door has a very large gap.
    If not install the lift in the air lock, Kirk and Scott as this will fall.

It was installed in the cargo bay is used when the extension was installed on the floor, is a lift for cargo. (Floor of the image is a temporary thing.)
    96728.jpg96729.jpg
    that offset arrangement really doesn't make any sense... the only real solution is the move the outer door down... they only raised it a bit to allow clearance for the hull pennant. In the original blueprints of the ship that hatch is on the hull centreline to match the interior.
    That makes for one cozy airlock lift.

Any plan on how you will handle the extension floor? Will it be a modular installation? Will it be a permanent set up or "roll-back" in some way as was supposedly originally conceived (though I never understood exactly how that would be accomplished)?
    In the original design, the extension floor is likely to be pulled in the rail of the wall, But its impossible.

This picture is one example of my idea.
    96753.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    that won't work like intended though

they were supposed to fill the bottom with cargo and slide the floor across above it so they have another empty surface, if the floor is below the cargo you can't do that

why not just make more segments instead?
    I'm sorry.
    Was insufficient explanation.

In my assumption, the movement of the floor is to use the beam transport.