Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701 Refit Ver. 3.0

• RYUTARO YAMADARYUTARO YAMADA347 Posts: 0Member
    I wondered, Why are there a lot of hatches on the main hull?
    They are too many.
    It thought about the turret of the built-in type referring to "Kelvin".
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Its pretty cool, but kinda makes the ENT looks more heavily armed that she was
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not sure the addition of Trek 2009 type phaser hatches works on an original series film version of the Enterprise. I'll grant that the ship looked like it didn't have enough defensive weaponry; but if you take into consideration that the established phaser banks on the ship could rotate (both together or in tandem) to track targets, then most of the supposed "blind spots" would be easily covered.

I think you've had some incredible ideas regarding how to justify inconsistencies of the ship's interior, but the exterior doesn't need anything extra. Of course, this is your model and you may do with it as you please. This is just my two cents on the matter. In any case I'm still in love with this project and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.
  • mattpiper47@gmamattpiper47@gma0 Posts: 0Member
    I always thought those other hatches could be 1-2 person life boats. It not the life boats themselves, there an egress port for them...
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    I really like this so far... very nice detail, and I even like the 2009 phasers. The only thing I would offer, is maybe if you're going to have the 2009 phasers, do away with the TMP-style original phasers.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    Seriously seriously good work. This always was my favorite Enterprise...can't wait to see more, keep up the great work!:cool:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It might be nice to see weapon hatches open on a refit. it would be something different.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    I always thought those other hatches could be 1-2 person life boats. It not the life boats themselves, there an egress port for them...

That's what I always thought.
    That's what I always thought.

Actually, they're just personnel hatches, exactly like the one used by Kirk and party to exit the ship on their way to V'Ger's enclave in TMP. Andrew Probert has remarked that his one regret in helping to design the Enterprise refit was that he forgot to add lifeboat or escape pod hatches to the exterior of the model. When Kirk and Scotty depart the travelpod and we see the hangar and cargo bays in TMP, you get a quick glimpse of a door labeled "Lifeboats" on the deck just below the walkway they're standing on. That doorway was meant to lead to a small corridor access for the lifeboats, but Probert neglected to include them on the exterior hull. Most fans have reckoned that there are indeed lifeboats there, but they're hidden behind the exterior hull plating. If an abandon ship order was given, the hull plates would be disengaged by explosive bolts, then the lifeboats would be launched.

It would be interesting to see what the refit would look like with exposed lifeboat hatches. I'm not sure if they would detract from the elegance of the vessel or not. It would be an interesting experiment, though.
    UPDATE.
    Details in the bridge have been improved.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I have to admit you are doing an incredible job with this beautiful ship. No seriously, no ego brushing intended....I look forward to next post
    That is a seriously insane amount of detail, i love it!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The bridge docking bay has its best detail yet.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    What a nice model, I love all the detail. If your goal is to make it look more real and less CG, you should round the edges on main structures.
    Simply astounding work. Looks like you could reach out and touch it. The attention to detail is staggering. I am so looking forward to seeing this model finished and properly lit. I think it'll blow us all away.
    UPDATE.

NACELLE began to create texture.

and TRAVELPOD begin.
    :thumb: so cool, wish i could create a model like that!
  • JamesAprilJamesApril0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh my gods.
    This really looks awesome.
    Only the textures are looking a bit cartoonish.
    The texture of NACELLE is updated.
    Every time I think I can't be any more impressed with this model I am proven wrong. The builders of the original physical model for the motion pictures would be proud and, I'm sure, amazed at the level of detail you're generating here. I think a noticed a little problem, though. If you look closely at the image labeled "test 4" in your last post there is a tiny little white square that's just floating between the warp engines. It isn't attached to anything, and it's even casting a small shadow on the starboard engine warp grille. You can see it in the other images as well, but it's most clear in "test 4." Thought you might want a heads up so you can put that little bugger back where it belongs.
  • animatoranimator0 Posts: 0Member
    This is some incredible work, Ryutaro. Very impressive level of detail!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    What can I say?

My jaw is on the floor Ryiutaro! ItA’s the best Ent-A that I ever seen!!!!
    Every time I think I can't be any more impressed with this model I am proven wrong. The builders of the original physical model for the motion pictures would be proud and, I'm sure, amazed at the level of detail you're generating here. I think a noticed a little problem, though. If you look closely at the image labeled "test 4" in your last post there is a tiny little white square that's just floating between the warp engines. It isn't attached to anything, and it's even casting a small shadow on the starboard engine warp grille. You can see it in the other images as well, but it's most clear in "test 4." Thought you might want a heads up so you can put that little bugger back where it belongs.

Oh.. Ok.
    Small garbage was put away.
    Thank you.
    Glad to hear you took care of it. That's one of those things you might not notice until you're doing a hi-res image or animation render. It's all finished and you think it's perfect, then you see that one little misplaced object and everything goes to hell in a handbasket. You have to go back and fix it, then re-render the project grumbling "why didn't I see that before" the whole time. You just saved yourself a big headache down the line.
    The texture is updated.
    Are very busy.
    84880.jpg84882.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    :o:D:thumb:
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Wow. You know what...I don't think I can allow myself to look at the updates for this project anymore. My brain won't accept what my eyes are telling it.
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Wow. You know what...I don't think I can allow myself to look at the updates for this project anymore. My brain won't accept what my eyes are telling it.

Why? Because you want reach out and touch it. I know I do.

I can't stop staring :thumb:
    stfanboy wrote: »
    Why? Because you want reach out and touch it. I know I do.

I can't stop staring :thumb:

That's an understatement. I want to LIVE THERE!!!
    i'd love to see animation footage if and when he does animate the ship