Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701 Refit Ver. 3.0

• AnarionAnarion338 Posts: 50Member
    I cannot express in words how impressed I am by your work on the Enterprise refit. Your attention to detail is astounding.
    As someone who has made several versions of the Enterprise, I can tell you that she is by far the best I have ever seen.

I have always wanted to try again, but now seeing your work, I doubt that I could do better.

Very well done.

Anarion
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Anarion wrote: »
    I cannot express in words how impressed I am by your work on the Enterprise refit. Your attention to detail is astounding.
    As someone who has made several versions of the Enterprise, I can tell you that she is by far the best I have ever seen.

I have always wanted to try again, but now seeing your work, I doubt that I could do better.

Very well done.

Anarion

Same here. I could never match this level of detail and accuracy. This may well be the best TMP Enterprise CGI model ever built, and it isn't even finished yet!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The same to me! I could never match this level of detail and accuracy. I believe I can call this one the definitive version.
  • RYUTARO YAMADARYUTARO YAMADA347 Posts: 0Member
    The main hull texture is updated.

And my site was moved.

http://fesarius.web.fc2.com/
    85170.jpg85171.jpg85172.jpg85173.jpg85174.jpg
    I've run out of ways to describe just how amazing this project is, Ryutaro, so I'm just going to sit back and let the awesomeness of your talent speak for itself.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    myeah, it's "alright". :lol:
    Ok. I do have a question though. Is this the Ent-A or the Refit from TMP? I only mention this because there is a difference in color scheme. If someone already brought this question up, please ignore it. I didn't read all the posts. There are so many people following your progress.

Anyway, If it is the refit. The colors of the engineering section are shades of green. Not blue. Years ago I asked Andrew Probert himself and he confirmed this. He sent me a scan of a painting that he did of the ship. Clearly the dorsal part of the enginering section is several shades of green. I think I still have it somewhere if you would like to see it.

Again. If you already know. I apologize. But I can see your attention to detail so I know you want it perfect.

Edit: I notice now that your earlier versions had the green. I'm curious why you changed it.
    85375.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Anarion wrote: »
    Ok. I do have a question though. Is this the Ent-A or the Refit from TMP? I only mention this because there is a difference in color scheme. If someone already brought this question up, please ignore it. I didn't read all the posts. There are so many people following your progress.

Anyway, If it is the refit. The colors of the engineering section are shades of green. Not blue. Years ago I asked Andrew Probert himself and he confirmed this. He sent me a scan of a painting that he did of the ship. Clearly the dorsal part of the enginering section is several shades of green. I think I still have it somewhere if you would like to see it.

Again. If you already know. I apologize. But I can see your attention to detail so I know you want it perfect.

Edit: I notice now that your earlier versions had the green. I'm curious why you changed it.

The image you have show, is very over hued, and the model in the earlier movies was always washed out, by the stage lights, not until Star Trek 6, did the model have cleaner lighting.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tuchd/ch12/tuchd2232.jpg

However, the color scheme on this model, appears to be that of TMP:

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmphd/tmphd0325.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    True. I suppose it is always the old debate over how the model looks on screen as opposed to the actual model colors. Every shot in TMP will look different depending on the lighting and angle due to the pearlescent paint job. That is the problem. I wasn't trying to be a nit picker.
  • wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    not until Star Trek 6, did the model have cleaner lighting.

But before that it was allready painted over :)

For who is interested, here some examples in the difference of appearing:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?47196-One-file-two-models-no-textures

Paint job on Ryutaro's model seems to be ok.
    This is REFIT of TMP.
    As for the color, it was a target of the discussion for a long time as you know.

I decided this color from the impression of the image of the movie.
    Of course, it is likely to correct it at that time if new material appears.
    As for me, a color at that time looks forward to the sharp photograph for a long time.
    85387.jpg85388.jpg85389.jpg85390.jpg85391.jpg
  • regreg331 Posts: 0Member
    wjaspers wrote: »
    But before that it was allready painted over :)

For who is interested, here some examples in the difference of appearing:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?47196-One-file-two-models-no-textures

Paint job on Ryutaro's model seems to be ok.

to: wjaspers
    I know it has been a couple of years but is your model available anywhere? would love to play with it. Thanks

reg
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    That gangway looks awesome. I love your attention to detail. :D I have to ask though, in terms of scale, how tall are those figures on the airlock elevator? They look a little too large, but it could just be a rendering illusion.
    Basill wrote: »
    That gangway looks awesome. I love your attention to detail. :D I have to ask though, in terms of scale, how tall are those figures on the airlock elevator? They look a little too large, but it could just be a rendering illusion.

The height of those figures are 1800mm.

The film set seems to be too large though it is a size of the airlock.
    85403.jpg
    The figures in the movie (espcially the CGI figures that appear on the saucer in the Director's Cut of TMP), are way out of scale with the Enterprise. Foundation Imaging based the CGI characters on the actual height of the actors, but they also scaled the model of the Enterprise to the size listed in the general plans drawn up for the film. The result is that the human figures are too big, but Foundation's goal was to match their CGI figures to the actors as they are seen standing on the saucer before they begin their walk toward V'Ger. Scaling for the TMP Enterprise is a tricky thing because different details give wildly different hints about the ship's actual size. I think Ryutaro has come up with a decent compromise to this problem.
    Exceptional work Ryutaro. The pearlescent look is very good!

*** You have a PM. ;)
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    The height of those figures are 1800mm.

The film set seems to be too large though it is a size of the airlock.
    The figures in the movie (espcially the CGI figures that appear on the saucer in the Director's Cut of TMP), are way out of scale with the Enterprise. Foundation Imaging based the CGI characters on the actual height of the actors, but they also scaled the model of the Enterprise to the size listed in the general plans drawn up for the film. The result is that the human figures are too big, but Foundation's goal was to match their CGI figures to the actors as they are seen standing on the saucer before they begin their walk toward V'Ger. Scaling for the TMP Enterprise is a tricky thing because different details give wildly different hints about the ship's actual size. I think Ryutaro has come up with a decent compromise to this problem.

Well, that all explains it pretty good. Like I said, it could just be a rendering illusion or maybe the wooden doll proportions of those figures. They have some pretty big heads. :D

I myself tend to be pretty lazy when it comes to measurements. I eyeball things way too much. I've had a little bit of trouble myself lately judging the size of some of those exterior hatches and docking ports from screen shots alone.
  • gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    Have you seen the Enterprise Owner's Manual?
    Covers NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC-1701A-NCC-1701E.

http://www.collider.com/2010/10/31/star-trek-haynes-uss-enterprise-owners-workshop-manual/
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    gusdorf wrote: »
    Have you seen the Enterprise Owner's Manual?
    Covers NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC-1701A-NCC-1701E.

http://www.collider.com/2010/10/31/star-trek-haynes-uss-enterprise-owners-workshop-manual/

Yes but the format of the book cuts the images in half. The book should have been given a binding like STARFLEET PROTOTYPES or SHIPS OF THE LINE.
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    Astounding work ..
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
    UPDATE..

The exterior of the last adjustment.
    But I can not use the time to work is too busy working.
    I want to complete the exterior end of the year.
    85921.jpg85922.jpg85923.jpg85924.jpg85925.jpg
    Looks EXCELLENT Ryutaro!
    Busy at work? Yeah itA’s december so, I believe that to many friends has this trouble for now. To many things needs to be ready for yesterday, no matter that you got the mission from your chief today. :)
    Can you make available a sample object with the pearlescent material applyed? I would like to know how you did that. :) In advance, thansk you!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    cant wait to see this under a lighting rig :)
    Well..
    Pearlescent materials, using only a "specular color map" in addition to the color map is not anything special.
    85941.jpg
    I have loved this particular version of the Enterprise ever since it made its debut in 1979, but your model makes me feel like I'm seeing it for the first time. This is an outstanding example of how good a CGI starship can look when built and rendered by a true artist. Utterly exceptional work!
    IA’m standing with you Buckaroo. ;)
    Thank you for the tip Ryutaro!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Now I know how to add colored specular paneling, I've always wondered, what the difference between Specular Color and Level is in 3DS Max, you'd think the name would have clicked in my head... ah well, we all have these moments, lol.

This model looks excellent.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    The exterior was completed.

I am now so very busy work, then upload the picture for now.
    86559.jpg86560.jpg86561.jpg86562.jpg86563.jpg
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    as always Spectacular! quite the milestone of finishing the exterior! so whats left??